how to send ally invites to players by player name

i'm trying to send ally requests to some players i encountered in tw. when i'm in the "invite allies" window, my only options are "Enter Ally Code Here.", or by email or fb. is there another way to look these players up directly? or is it possible to look them up by ally code during tw?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited November 2018
    It is only possible to add another player with their ally code or if you battle them in arena. There is no player search.
  • After you enter the ally code you can hit search for them, idk why you would need email or FB. Their profile should come up after you search.
  • is there a way to look that up in tw?
  • Oh, if you don’t have their ally codes your best shot is googling the guild and putting swgoh.gg in your search. See if any of them have swgoh.gg profiles, and if any have included their ally code.
  • does the ".gg" mean anything special? i'm just curious what that is exactly
  • Swgoh.gg is a site where a bunch of players have synced their account. Chances are likely that some people you're looking for have an account, and it's possible that they've added their ally code.
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    https://swgoh.gg Here is the link. Please note this site is not EA affiliated.
  • does the ".gg" mean anything special? i'm just curious what that is exactly

gg = good game, from many online games.
    However, gg domain belongs to territory of
    Guernsey which is dependancy of United Kingdom.

Not all countries/territories let their domains be available for “outsiders”, but Guernsey apparently does and makes $$ off of it.

There are many others .tv .io .md