Is revive getting out of control?

Prev1
Not a rant but an honest question.

There are so many toons that can revive themselves or other teammates now. Personally I think there’s too many.

NS are a prime example. Not impossible to beat, but very annoying.

There’s also: Jolee, sion, Hera, Jedi revan(ish), ewok elder, Jango Fett, visas. I’m sure there’s more...

It’s getting a little silly that killing an entire team multiple times is becoming the norm.

Replies

• I agree.. too much, especially Revan seems too much
  • I generally think revives are good, a little different to spice up things.

The problem is that Revan and Jolee are revivers, on the same team. Also, Jolee is a mass reviver. But we all know why that is, Jedi Revenue had to be made op, to dry those whales.

The problem is that Revan and Jolee are revivers, on the same team. Also, Jolee is a mass reviver. But we all know why that is, Jedi Revenue had to be made op, to dry those whales.

They had to make the Revan team so dummy-proof that you get multiple do-overs if your opponent happens to kill one of your allies.
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »
    I generally think revives are good, a little different to spice up things.

They had to make the Revan team so dummy-proof that you get multiple do-overs if your opponent happens to kill one of your allies.

So much this.The problem will go away once there's a sith that comes along that can speed up DN a little bit so he can get annihilate off fast enough and the Sith start taking over arena again. I don't think there's much in this game more disheartening than executing your strategy, getting the opponent to where you want them, then having one untimely dodge/deflection or counter turn the whole thing upside down in a single turn. I mean you Reven / Jolee and NS teams.
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »

So much this.The problem will go away once there's a sith that comes along that can speed up DN a little bit so he can get annihilate off fast enough and the Sith start taking over arena again. I don't think there's much in this game more disheartening than executing your strategy, getting the opponent to where you want them, then having one untimely dodge/deflection or counter turn the whole thing upside down in a single turn. I mean you Reven / Jolee and NS teams.

I'm tired of the Sith meta. They had 9 months. I'm also tired of Revan (and I have Revan). I'd like to see a FO or BH or Scoundrel or Clones meta. Those factions all have some fun mechanics that don't get exercised enough.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I don't mind one faction (NS) having it because it makes them competitive. I do mind Revan having it because it just adds to his OP'ness.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Not a rant but an honest question.

There are so many toons that can revive themselves or other teammates now. Personally I think there’s too many.

There’s also: Jolee, sion, Hera, Jedi revan(ish), ewok elder, Jango Fett, visas. I’m sure there’s more...

It’s getting a little silly that killing an entire team multiple times is becoming the norm.

Vandor chewie with ls scoundrels ;-)
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member

This
  • Personally, when I started playing revives seemed rare, but Fetts, NS, etc made it so normal that running a sith team just gets frustrating sometimes. I can live with it though, especially considering without their revives NS are nigh on useless
  • Yes.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    As power creep and new mechanics make it easier and easier to set up ridiculous instakill combos, revives just become a necessity to prevent the match from being decided by who goes first. It's a roundabout way of curbing the utter supremacy of speed mods.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• See, Hera's revive is once...it expires and it has a cooldown greater than the time to expire. I don't have a problem with that. But NS? I shouldn't have to kill five characters four times each to beat a team.
  • I have no with what it does to arena meta...... The idea of it in TW bothers me....
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Vendea wrote: »
    See, Hera's revive is once...it expires and it has a cooldown greater than the time to expire. I don't have a problem with that. But NS? I shouldn't have to kill five characters four times each to beat a team.

I agree. Does it make battles harder? Sometimes. Does it make battles longer? Always, and that’s my biggest issue. Those instakill overpowered combos? They can only defeat a character one life at a time, extra damage doesn’t carry through to the next revive. That’s what bothers me.
  • Not a rant but an honest question.

Vandor chewie with ls scoundrels ;-)

Vandor stinks and no one should use him. Nothing to see here.

Jedi Revenue 😂, ok moving on 🙄
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    As power creep and new mechanics make it easier and easier to set up ridiculous instakill combos, revives just become a necessity to prevent the match from being decided by who goes first. It's a roundabout way of curbing the utter supremacy of speed mods.

My thoughts exactly
    Without revives, I would just run Nihilus, Vader, GMY, BFet, and Sass. They could potentially be unstoppable
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Valaraukar wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »

My thoughts exactly
    Without revives, I would just run Nihilus, Vader, GMY, BFet, and Sass. They could potentially be unstoppable

Boba with or without revive?
  • Multiple revive abilities for both teams in a 5 minute match when both teams are g12+ and 6 star modded is not fun. Having to auto the final minute to 90 seconds, just so you won't timeout is not an enjoyable way to "play" the game.

So, imho, yes, it's out of control and ruining the game.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Just wait til i run my zQGJ (L), zJolee, zGMY, zBarris, zHyoda in Arena. You want to talk about annoying?

But in all seriousness, yes it is. There needs to be some toons with a passive that prevents reviving *cough Nihilus cough*
  • jejuzang wrote: »
    Just wait til i run my zQGJ (L), zJolee, zGMY, zBarris, zHyoda in Arena. You want to talk about annoying?

That team doesn’t sound too annoying to face. Since there isn’t a tank, just focus down Jolee to prevent revives, then go after GMY, QGJ, and Barriss. Unless I’m missing something that makes them difficult to take down (other than foresight which is easily cleared)?
  • Foresight was so awesome in 2016
  • yes its annoying to be honest if kills all the fun in the arena. Jolee and Revan is just ****, every fight is just a desert walk, i realy feeling sorry for the guy that balanced Revan, he most have some mental illness
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    jejuzang wrote: »

That team doesn’t sound too annoying to face. Since there isn’t a tank, just focus down Jolee to prevent revives, then go after GMY, QGJ, and Barriss. Unless I’m missing something that makes them difficult to take down (other than foresight which is easily cleared)?

You ignored the "but in all seriousness" part.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Multiple revive abilities for both teams in a 5 minute match when both teams are g12+ and 6 star modded is not fun. Having to auto the final minute to 90 seconds, just so you won't timeout is not an enjoyable way to "play" the game.

Well as someone posted before I do believe that revive is a pseudo counter to speed, and for that reason alone I like it. It incentivises people to maybe use more damage secondaries so you can burn people down quicker.

As someone that runs scoundrels, the revives are awesome, but my damage output is severely gimped and I cant burn through double tank teams, or Sion once he gets hatred. There are tradeoffs, and that is how it should be. I'm personally glad for the options.
  • TVF wrote: »

You ignored the "but in all seriousness" part.

Whoops, looks like I did
  • jejuzang wrote: »

But in all seriousness, yes it is. There needs to be some toons with a passive that prevents reviving *cough Nihilus cough*
    Or better yet put it on a different character so that there's more options to get around revives. Currently the only ways to stop revives are Nihilus, Death Trooper, Jango & Boba, and sometimes Isolate (Only stops revives that happen immediately like Sion's self revive, doesn't stop later revives by abilities like Jolee's etc.). That's only 4 (sometimes 5) characters that can stop revives and they can only stop revives one at a time (except for Jango if he manages to AOE multiple people to death on his turn).

Personally I vote that Wampa's zeta on Furious Foe should add that any enemy defeated by wampa while it has that Healing Immunity debuff can't be revived. But they're definitely not going to update wampa anytime soon.

Another source of Deathmark would also be nice.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Multiple revive abilities for both teams in a 5 minute match when both teams are g12+ and 6 star modded is not fun. Having to auto the final minute to 90 seconds, just so you won't timeout is not an enjoyable way to "play" the game.

The time each arena battle lasts is a joke. There are plenty of squads that can time out the clock on 4x speed no problem now. They should maybe give a few toons anti revive reworks. They need to pick a broad range of toons ranging from meta to junk toons. I think some good choices would be;

Gam Gaurd - Basic
    Plo - Basic
    Fisto - Basic
    Savage - Special
    Veers - AOE
    Geo Spy - Special
    Cody - AOE
    Vader - Special (CB)
    Lando - AOE
  • Yes revival sucks, takes for ever
  • Vertigo wrote: »

Or better yet put it on a different character so that there's more options to get around revives. Currently the only ways to stop revives are Nihilus, Death Trooper, Jango & Boba, and sometimes Isolate (Only stops revives that happen immediately like Sion's self revive, doesn't stop later revives by abilities like Jolee's etc.). That's only 4 (sometimes 5) characters that can stop revives and they can only stop revives one at a time (except for Jango if he manages to AOE multiple people to death on his turn).

Personally I vote that Wampa's zeta on Furious Foe should add that any enemy defeated by wampa while it has that Healing Immunity debuff can't be revived. But they're definitely not going to update wampa anytime soon.

Another source of Deathmark would also be nice.

Yes,

Even changing the rules of arena maybe would work too. Similar to how Raids have checks and balances to prevent long battles why cant Arena? After 3 minutes there are no more revives, after 4 minutes no more healing.

Of course those arent actually propositions, as they werent thought out but the idea is the same. As time goes down, make the stage smaller so to speak.