Double Droprates? [MERGE]

Replies

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    JDIII wrote: »
    That’s the same kind of pulls I’m getting also (0-2). I actually got more shards (average 3) without the double drops. Please get rid of this double drops so I can get my average 3 again, thank you

No. Your individual small sample RNG should not be used to punish the rest of us.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    So, this event is awesome. I can see why we don't get Double drops that often now, my Talzin went from 0/85 to 26/100 over the weekend, not to mention my Zombie got up and my Vet Chewy from 2 star to nearly five. Double drops are freaking awesome <3

Also, This was gained by hitting the nodes 4 at a time, so there :D Proof enough that doing them in small Sims is always better.
  • MathYouC wrote: »
    If I flipped a coin 50 times and I only got tails 15 times, does that mean my coin is broken?

Yes. Your coin is broken, is warped, you need to get a new one. You still use coins btw?

Anyway, as many people have started you need to GET a drop for it to be double.

I always averaged 1 Sabine shard, I still do, it’s just double.

Because bad RNG = broken.

P.S. Sabine I think is really bugged :)

• I suspect CG is doing some kind of bait & switch here, with giving double drop rates on everything but decreasing the probability of getting shards so that the average shard drop remains the same as before the 2x event.

Every 2x event always feels like this for me.

The effect is we get way more 0 shards from each of our Sims, with the odd 2 shards from them. I have never gotten 0 shards from full energy on mutliple tables in the same day before.

I got a mantra I like to chant to myself while doing sims during these event:

"Two times zero is zerooo0"
    :s
  • Anrath wrote: »
    I suspect...

Everything else in your statement is summed up by the underlined portions.
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Anrath wrote: »
    I suspect CG is doing some kind of bait & switch here, with giving double drop rates on everything but decreasing the probability of getting shards so that the average shard drop remains the same as before the 2x event.

The effect is we get way more 0 shards from each of our Sims, with the odd 2 shards from them. I have never gotten 0 shards from full energy on mutliple tables in the same day before.

I got a mantra I like to chant to myself while doing sims during these event:

Obviously it is pretty hard to prove they are bait and switching, but your comment ...
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I suspect...

Everything else in your statement is summed up by the underlined portions.

... is no proof to the contrary.
    You just feel that they aren't, it seems.

Anyway,
    back to my mantra I like to chant during these event:

• I love double drop rates! Feels much better getting 2-4 shards rather than 1-2 on hard node sims. I’m taking this opportunity to work on Hound’s Tooth.
  • Buffbeardo wrote: »
    I love double drop rates! Feels much better getting 2-4 shards rather than 1-2 on hard node sims. I’m taking this opportunity to work on Hound’s Tooth.

You mean 0 to 4 shards , rather then 0 to 2 shards ;)
  • I have been able to upgrade my Old Republic toons thanks to the double drops. As you can see. As well as get a leg up on all the other toons that I have been farming.
  • Lol. Yeah, I’ve been lucky so far and haven’t pulled a zero. I always run 8 sims at once to minimize the zero factor, even though I realize it’s all apples and oranges.
  • 18 sims of Old Ben, got 20 shards. Did an 8 pack of Hoth Rebel Soldier, got 2 shards. It happens. WAI.
  • I'm the same as many others have said; over the weekend I've gotten 30+ mission shards, 20 T3 shards, and took Zaalbar from 82/85 to 40/100 in the last two days by refreshing his node once a day. Amazing drops. At the same time, I went 0/8 on Hoth Rebel Soldier today and I'm stuck at 63/65 until tomorrow or later (because I refuse to waste refreshes on a character I care absolutely nothing for). RNG is a fickle mistress, but we have no reason to believe that the developers are straight-up lying to us or manipulating drop rates just to mess us over.
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Well I have gotten 0 shards when using multiple 120 energy refreshes, multiple times each day, when simming 2 at a time, so far. On every table BUT the mod slicing table! (perhaps mod slicing salvage isn't effected like toon shards seem to be).
    That is very oddly horrible RNG, but is consistent with the type I experience during these events, which makes me suspect they nerf the shard drop rates during the 2x events.

As for people getting shards, well if you are spending more crystals during these events then you usually do, you should be getting more shards just due to the fact that your doing more sims, but it might not be very efficient (if they are nerfing the drop rate during the event).
    Plus certain nodes may have better drop rates then others (sabine was horrible back in the day), I would not be surprised if CG did this for toons that don't get a lot of use.

• I 7* t3 and 4* the vets over the weekend. That was over 100 shards, after 9 cantina energy refreshes
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Well I have gotten 0 shards when using multiple 120 energy refreshes, multiple times each day, when simming 2 at a time, so far. On every table BUT the mod slicing table! (perhaps mod slicing salvage isn't effected like toon shards seem to be).
    That is very oddly horrible RNG, but is consistent with the type I experience during these events, which makes me suspect they nerf the shard drop rates during the 2x events.

As for people getting shards, well if you are spending more crystals during these events then you usually do, you should be getting more shards just due to the fact that your doing more sims, but it might not be very efficient (if they are nerfing the drop rate during the event).
    Plus certain nodes may have better drop rates then others (sabine was horrible back in the day), I would not be surprised if CG did this for toons that don't get a lot of use.
    Its all anecdotal.
    and two times one is two

Your mantra only proves that you have a huge confirmation bias

There are a lot of screenshots showing in this thread that drop rates are not nerfed

I can counter your confirmation bias with selection bias to prove that drop rates are doubled during double drops. According to several screenshots in this thread:

1. 2 sims 4 bossk shards (100% drop rate)
    2. 2 sims 4 zaalbar shards (100% drop rate)
    3. 2 sims 2 Young Lando + 4 Millenium Falcon shards (twice) (150% drop rate)
    4. 7 sims 10 Vandor Chewbacca shards (71% drop rate; lowest is > 33% x2 aka 67%)
    5. 6 sims 12 Aurra Sing shards (100% drop rate)

Five different nodes with 5 different characters and a ship with an extremely high drop rate, therefore double drops = 2x drop rates
  • 8/0 once, rest not bad, better than previous DDs and definitely better than expected
  • Anrath wrote: »

I have experienced bang on the same drop rate during the event as I do normally, in fact it’s been a little better.

I suspect they don’t touch the drop rates at all during these events - not because of any observational evidence, rather because I don’t think the developers of a multi-billion earning game need to be so nefarious.

The “simming 2 at a time” part of your post is irrelevant, though it confuses me: do you mean you have got 0 shards multiple times when you’ve simmed 2 battles, or do you mean you’ve got 0 shards for the whole 120 refresh?

TL:DR version - it is pointless to attempt to generalise statistical results off a sample as small as your own experience.
  • Maybe it is just me... but I did manage over 50 shards of HT over the past 3 days... 7 refreshes total, and some 60- 70 odd mission vao shards... Well, I am glad still! Have a funny feeling that I am one of the very few. I have been screwed over like this before. Glad this wasn't another time.
  • Cracked the century for T3 shards. 3 refreshes every day. Definitely over the average in drops.

And not that it matters one bit but I simmed everything at once - results really are just random.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    So, this event is awesome. I can see why we don't get Double drops that often now, my Talzin went from 0/85 to 26/100 over the weekend, not to mention my Zombie got up and my Vet Chewy from 2 star to nearly five. Double drops are freaking awesome <3

Also, This was gained by hitting the nodes 4 at a time, so there :D Proof enough that doing them in small Sims is always better.

No, it's just confirmation bias.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Its all anecdotal.
    and two times one is two

Your mantra only proves that you have a huge confirmation bias

There are a lot of screenshots showing in this thread that drop rates are not nerfed

I can counter your confirmation bias with selection bias to prove that drop rates are doubled during double drops. According to several screenshots in this thread:

1. 2 sims 4 bossk shards (100% drop rate)
    2. 2 sims 4 zaalbar shards (100% drop rate)
    3. 2 sims 2 Young Lando + 4 Millenium Falcon shards (twice) (150% drop rate)
    4. 7 sims 10 Vandor Chewbacca shards (71% drop rate; lowest is > 33% x2 aka 67%)
    5. 6 sims 12 Aurra Sing shards (100% drop rate)

Five different nodes with 5 different characters and a ship with an extremely high drop rate, therefore double drops = 2x drop rates

I'm waiting for him to reply after his argument got so beautifully thrashed.
  • jurian wrote: »
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    2oq4grucqa8w.png
    The only joke is this thread. You had poor rng. Something EVERYONE has experienced. Man if people posted cry threads after every poor RNG run, this forum would be unreadable.

maybe if you read a little bit better and more in this thread then you would have read that we concluded that the RNG in drops is massively different per player since the double drops

Well with double drops, you can expect the number of shards to be, well, doubled.

So yes, you will witness a bigger difference between the "good" vs "bad" returns that different players experience.

Not because it's broken, or because of a conspiracy, or adjusting of drop rates. But solely because thats how it works. If you double your values, you double the range and spread of your data.
  • Is it just me or is every1 getting double drops 50% of the time?7t6r53e647rt.png
  • God. Another of these posts.

It's called rng. Have u noticed the days during non doubledrop period where u get a 0 from 8 runs?
  • Dilbert
    8 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Did you not care to look at the pic i posted? if i had double drops it would say "bonus" on mission and have 4 shards not 2
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Certainly isn’t just you OP. Lots of people fail to understand how random works.
  • im not disputing the fact that id u get 0 shards double of it is 0 too.. all im saying is from the interface iv been watching is leading me to believe through lack of consistency is the fact sometime i get a boat load of shards saying "bonus" above the shards im actively farming, then on another pull of sims i get very few shards of the character and no "bonus" shown above. a little consistency with the GUI would help a lot or completely avoid situations like this
  • If you farm them via the “FIND” feature from within the toon’s page, the 40/100 display supercedes the “bonus” message.

That said, I saw someone in another thread claim that when they farmed via the “find” feature that the rewards weren’t doubled.