Advice on where to progress

Hi i've played for a while for fun. And now i want to know where i should focus on going next. What characters or faction should i choose?h1pb12nyo40e.png

Replies

• Oh boy, you really are scattered.

If you are still playing for fun, just pick a faction - Rebel, Empire, Nightsisters etc. - and build up a squad. Phoenix squad would allow you to unlock Palpatine and Thrawn. Bounty Hunters would give you access to more credits and bounty missions.

If you want to play more seriously, I would suggest re-starting with a new account. You are so far behind that it will take months to catch up.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Oh boy, you really are scattered.

If you are still playing for fun, just pick a faction - Rebel, Empire, Nightsisters etc. - and build up a squad. Phoenix squad would allow you to unlock Palpatine and Thrawn. Bounty Hunters would give you access to more credits and bounty missions.

If you want to play more seriously, I would suggest re-starting with a new account. You are so far behind that it will take months to catch up.

That’s not really useful to suggest restarting.

Picking a faction and going from there as you started with is good advice ,
  • You're doing fine. Just choose a certain group to work on now. You will need most of those characters eventually anyways so it's ok that you've grown then stronger
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Oh boy, you really are scattered.

That’s not really useful to suggest restarting.

Picking a faction and going from there as you started with is good advice ,
    It is good advice if, as I stated, he has decided to play more seriously. He has nothing to build a coherent squad right now and is almost certainly well behind the rest of his shard in terms of levels and power.
  • Shard levels are only relevant if you decide arena is the only part of the game that matters, . . Restarting is rarely the most beneficial thing to do.
  • Don't listen to the people who tell you that you "need" to restart. That's only a requirement if you're obsessive about arena placement. It's not a terrible idea, since free crystals are a huge help, but by no means is it necessary.

The first thing you may want to do is build a Scoundrel team for Credit & Droid Heists. You'll never have enough credits, so the sooner you can lock up that 5-10 million per heist, the better. Heists are pretty easy, so any 5 scoundrels should work. ST Han, Boba Fett and Lando Calrissian are all easy to obtain, and Boba remains useful throughout the game. Most of the Smuggler characters are also Scoundrels, so they're worth looking at too if you're able to access them, since they unlock Smuggler's Run.

Once you're heisting it up, the commonly recommended "optimal" path is to fast-track your way to the various Legendary and Hero characters, all of whom require specific factions or characters to attain:

Legendaries

Emperor Palpatine: Any 5 Rebels
    R2D2: Any 5 Empire
    Grand Admiral Thrawn: Any 5 Phoenix (there are only 6, generally Sabine is the one to skip for now)
    BB-8: Any 5 First Order
    Grand Master Yoda: Any 5 Jedi
    Chewbacca: Any 5 Bounty Hunters (Dengar virtually required and Bossk highly recommended)

Heroes

Commander Luke Skywalker: Old Ben, Princess Leia, Farmboy Luke, Stormtrooper Han, & R2D2
    Jedi Training Rey: Veteran Smuggler Han & Chewbacca, Scavenger Rey, Finn, & BB-8
    Jedi Knight Revan: Bastila Shan, Jolee Bindo, T3-M4, Mission Vao, & Zalbaar

Since Phoenix squad members are also all Rebels, they are the first thing to work on since they'll get you both Palpatine and Thrawn. They, in turn, make it very easy to get R2 which leads you to Commander Luke.

After that, you can probably take your pick between First Order to start on the path to Jedi Rey, or Bounty Hunters. I'd probably go for hunters first, as they are a great team and are used for a wide variety of content: Galactic Bounty, Rebel Roundup, Chewbacca (they need to be really strong for this), & dedicated nodes in Territory Battles.

Revan is a pretty recent addition and I honestly can't say with any confidence when it's a good idea to start working towards him. All the required characters are pretty great in their own right, though they don't really mesh well as a single squad.

That's easily enough to keep you busy for a good, long time. Just don't forget that it's a game so as long as you're having fun, there is no "wrong" way to play.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• SCOED
    51 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    First things first, You need to decide if you want to dominate arena anytime in the near future. If you do, you best restart. It will be a hard clime taking months or more to do so without a restart. If your like me and dominating arena isn't why you play, whatever you do don't restart. You will lose all the work you put in.

Now regardless if you restart or not the first team I would work on is Phoenix until gear 9 7 stars. Work on all six of them.No they aren't great late game except in phase two pf the Sith raid (well Ezra, and Sabine are still useful even late) but they get you as stated above Palpatine, and Thrawn who are always useful. Plus the ships are required for Chimaera, are Cargo ships, and are just solid ships.

Next is scoundrels. Now note all bounty hunters, all smugglers, 2 out of 5 toon required for Revan, and ST Han are are all scoundrels and will be needed for future projects. Note Boba Fett's, Bossk's, and Young Lando Calrissian/L3-37 have ships and they are cargo ships you will need. Note Bossk, and Young Lando are hard farms you are likely not going to be able to farm, but I do highly suggest Boba Fett and L3-37 as their farm is not that bad and they fill three roles over time. Besides Boba always has his uses. I also highly recommend ST Han as you will need him to get CLS. Getting the scoundrels so you can do the max credit heist is vital to your long term development. The other two I would get are Dengar and Greedo. You stop working on them after you can do that, at least for a while.

Now I would work on Empire to get R2-D2. They need to be at least gear level 9. I suggest Palpatine and Thran as they should unlock from your Phoenix squad so no need to farm them, just gear them and they really do make it easy as stated above. I also suggest Darth Vader for his ship, Grand Moff Tarkin as you have him and his capital ship is great, and Tie Fighter Pilot again he has a ship.

Next I would work on my Commander Luke Skywalker Team. That Is R2-D2, Old Ben Kenobi, Princess Leia, Farmboy Luke, and Stormtrooper Han. Gear 9 should unlock him, but R2-D2 and Old Ben has late game uses so gear them more than that if you want to.

Then choices open up. Continue to work on opening up content with an eye to open up other content a good list was put up by @Jarvind above. I gave you enough to work on to start. I would look at bounty hunters or First Order with an eye on Jedi Training Rey next.

Just note Kanan, Ezra, and Old Ben are all jedi. Bastila Shan, and Jolee Bindo are also Jedi and required to unlock Reven. They may make a great next step. As you will be able to unlock Grand Master Yoda and get a leg up on a future project.I would work on those teams together when you get to it. And you will have a team that is currently meta in arena if your guild helps you get General Kenobi and Old Ben makes a great temporary fill in. This may not be a bad idea as well.

Post edited by SCOED on
  • Shard levels are only relevant if you decide arena is the only part of the game that matters, . . Restarting is rarely the most beneficial thing to do.
    Arena is how u progress unless u r a whale then u would be right not important but if he wants to get serious it’s best to start over even if he farmed invested right unless he gets luck he will have players in his arena 5 lvls -7lvls above him once he reaches lvl 70 if he plays daily and progress as fast that means he will start around rank 1000k and have to play catch up with those that started 1-2 months ahead of him that’s how new shards work u start behind and months later if u put time in u will catch them but u can’t be giving them advantages of u want to do more than log in for free rewards and call it playing.
  • 2smooth wrote: »
    Shard levels are only relevant if you decide arena is the only part of the game that matters, . . Restarting is rarely the most beneficial thing to do.
    Arena is how u progress unless u r a whale then u would be right not important but if he wants to get serious it’s best to start over even if he farmed invested right unless he gets luck he will have players in his arena 5 lvls -7lvls above him once he reaches lvl 70 if he plays daily and progress as fast that means he will start around rank 1000k and have to play catch up with those that started 1-2 months ahead of him that’s how new shards work u start behind and months later if u put time in u will catch them but u can’t be giving them advantages of u want to do more than log in for free rewards and call it playing.

. . Right . . .
  • Start with Phoenix
    Get Vader
    Through the Phoenix go get legendaries, then run the following:
    Palpatine
    Thrawn
    Vader
    From there you have the major three for one of the best squads we see in arena

Then finish Empire team for R2
    Get old ben
    Upgrade farmboy
    Get CLS
    Combine with phoenixes for rebel team
    Now you've got sith/empire and rebel/jedi teams