Which unpopular character have you found a use for?

I'm still in the late "building out essential squads" phase of roster development, but I'm looking forward to the day when I can slap together a goofy experimental squad just 'cause. And it's no secret that lots of characters are considered "bad" or are simply skipped over because they're not considered worth a hard node farm.

Here's a list of characters that I don't think I've ever seen anybody using in GW, TW, or otherwise, and aren't needed for a TB node or anything like that:

B2 Super Battle Droid
Bistan (4 turn frenzy seems dope but I've never seen him once)
Bodhi Rook
Captain Han Solo
Coruscant Underworld Police (yes, I know he got the TW buff but that was likely temporary)
Director Krennic
Eeth Koth
Gamorrean Guard
Gar Saxon
General Grievous
IG-100 Magnaguard
Ima-Gun Di (which I cannot help reading in my head as "I'ma gonna die")
Imperial Super Commando
Jedi Knight Guardian
Kit Fisto
Lobot
Mob Enforcer
Nute Gunray
Plo Koon
Rose Tico (again seems OK, but never seen her, so she makes the cut)
Ugnaught
Veteran Han/Chewie (other than unlocking JTR obviously)
Any Jawa or Tusken (I know Dathcha is sometimes used for AAT P1, but otherwise)

Somebody must've found a home for some of these guys, right? Which unloved misfit character is your secret fave?

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

Replies

• b2 can work with bh in tw defense
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypWd7g7nrBw

bistan can work with og chewie
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBKUIDqj6bU

krennic can work in a magmathrawn team

nute with acolyte (maybe with zombie for the cheese combo), geo spy, and other stealth toons
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Krennic is good, esp paired with DT. B2 was useful for a while with his AoE dispel.
  • Both Vets are good on a scoundrel team with Vandor Chewie and L3 and Clone Chewie lead. They have really good control abilities and do great damage. They get a bad rap.

And IGD is absolutely supposed to be pronounced I'm Gun Die. He was in one episode and that was his purpose. They just didnt forsee that he would become so popular with the fans after just one episode. Its one of my personal favorites.
  • Consider what might happen if you pair Bistan with OG Chewie. Chewie assist on every Bistan turn is fun.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Both Vets are good on a scoundrel team with Vandor Chewie and L3 and Clone Chewie lead. They have really good control abilities and do great damage. They get a bad rap.

And IGD is absolutely supposed to be pronounced I'm Gun Die. He was in one episode and that was his purpose. They just didnt forsee that he would become so popular with the fans after just one episode. Its one of my personal favorites.

Hah. I never watched the show, so I didn't know that.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    Both Vets are good on a scoundrel team with Vandor Chewie and L3 and Clone Chewie lead. They have really good control abilities and do great damage. They get a bad rap.

Hah. I never watched the show, so I didn't know that.

Its free on Netflix. Its season 2, and the name of the Episode is "Supply Lines."

While you are at it, "Bounty Hunters" also from season 2 introduces Embo. And the again season 2 episodes starting with "Landing at Point Rain" are awesome.

Thise are probably my 3 favorite episodes of the whole series, but there are a lot of good ones.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Nute lead with Leia and Acoylte can do ok in P2 Sith Raid. All you need is his maxed lead, he can die immediately and it doesn't matter so you don't even need to gear him.

Rose is fun in a zFinn team for TB/TW. They both stun someone every turn.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Not sure if this exactly what you meant, but Gauntlet is actually pretty useful in ship battles. I’m still working on starting the crew up, but it can make tanks even tankier, and it gains speed for more empire allies. I’m still holding out hope for a tie defender so I can have 5x empire ships under thrawn.
  • Jawa scaveger was good for shard shop currency from that one luke event that ended
  • I made a special team for TW only:

Gar Saxon lead
    Tie Fighter Pilot
    Stormtrooper
    Director Krennic
    General Kenobi

I have all of them at G12 and with Shoretrooper instead of Stormtrooper they can win against Nightsisters, but i don't recommend trying it. It's not a very useful team and that's not its purpose at all, it's just there to irritate people.

People fear what they don't know and so they underkill or overkill (assumption) it in most cases. It is all about psychological warfare.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • the B2 Battle Droid can actually inflict massive amounts of damage and can dispel all positive status effects on all enemies with a higher than 50% chance to inflict buff immunity and I believe a 40% chance to gain 100% turn meter when an ally is evaded or attacked
    gf1b5h5ecvtc.png
    DM me @Dark Rolyzzz#9997 for information on New Rebel Order or if interested in joining. Join the Rebellion and be a part of the Rebel Revolution!
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Rose Tico is a perfectly fine character with a mediocre kit. Her main in game value is so that you can run 2 resistance teams in tw. There is nothing wrong with her. Just her face doesn't fit because she isn't liked.
  • Not sure if this exactly what you meant, but Gauntlet is actually pretty useful in ship battles. I’m still working on starting the crew up, but it can make tanks even tankier, and it gains speed for more empire allies. I’m still holding out hope for a tie defender so I can have 5x empire ships under thrawn.

I actually excluded a couple of characters - Geo Spy for instance - because I see their ships used occasionally. I've never seen the Gauntlet starfighter either, though. The ship itself does seem pretty alright.
    TVF wrote: »
    Nute lead with Leia and Acoylte can do ok in P2 Sith Raid.

Innaresting. Who fills the other 2 slots, or does it not matter?

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Sabine gets one for armor shred, other should be a tank to take the damage. Depending on tier of the raid and how beefy your tank is, you might need to sub in another tank or healer in place of either Sabine or Acolyte.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jawa can survive in raidd
  • Jedi knight guardian is easy to get if you want GM yoda
  • Droids make a halfway team in TW
  • Ugnaught is used in some random event
  • B-2 can punish on a good day, probably my favorite
  • Had anyone tried using B2 alongside zzT3? If he can do as much damage as is indicated, I'd like to see how it'd look amplified with T3s zeta bonuses for droids.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Not sure if this exactly what you meant, but Gauntlet is actually pretty useful in ship battles. I’m still working on starting the crew up, but it can make tanks even tankier, and it gains speed for more empire allies. I’m still holding out hope for a tie defender so I can have 5x empire ships under thrawn.

I actually excluded a couple of characters - Geo Spy for instance - because I see their ships used occasionally. I've never seen the Gauntlet starfighter either, though. The ship itself does seem pretty alright.
    TVF wrote: »
    Nute lead with Leia and Acoylte can do ok in P2 Sith Raid.

Innaresting. Who fills the other 2 slots, or does it not matter?

Best fit is the Zombie. Keeps all the stealthed toons safe. I run Geno Spy in this setup. Anybody who can stealth fits perfectly and is protected by the zombie and benefits from Nutes Lead.

On Topic: I plan to use Chief Nebit and the Jawa Engineer in a Machinegun Leia Setup under Ackbar Lead. They should perform absolutely awesome in HAAT P1 under Ackbar lead together with RHan and Luke.

I had to lol this. Vandor and l3 make any scoundrel good. Vets have no unique niche at all. They arent bad persay but bring nothing spectacular to the table. Why?

No ship. Complete CG nonsense putting finn and scavg rey as thecaptains of the falcon after a 5 minute flight.

They will always be known as the cash grab worthless toons only put in game as a disney payday

I cannot usethem in a team where they are the driving force. Always the also ran
  • The only one from that list, that i use regulary is Krennic in the deathnic-combo. All other a meh imho...

I had to lol this. Vandor and l3 make any scoundrel good. Vets have no unique niche at all. They arent bad persay but bring nothing spectacular to the table. Why?

No ship. Complete CG nonsense putting finn and scavg rey as thecaptains of the falcon after a 5 minute flight.

They will always be known as the cash grab worthless toons only put in game as a disney payday

I cannot usethem in a team where they are the driving force. Always the also ran

You came to a thread about finding uses for unpopular characters to complain that you don't like an unpopular character? Bravo.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Plo koon is a great lead against zmaul sith. Every ally turn they can destealth multiple sith and they get offense up if they do, before they take their action. Run plo with some non-jedi attackers and you can take them out pretty easily.
    His ship is also a great support ship with a very powerful reenforcement bonus.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • kalidor wrote: »
    Plo koon is a great lead against zmaul sith. Every ally turn they can destealth multiple sith and they get offense up if they do, before they take their action. Run plo with some non-jedi attackers and you can take them out pretty easily.
    His ship is also a great support ship with a very powerful reenforcement bonus.

Also can be used agaisnt the acolyte zombie cheese
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194