HAAT Solo Squad (No Wampa/Hoda)

hotdeaths
152 posts Member
edited November 2018
Hey y'all,
I made a post a while ago about a rancor solo, which I have now achieved. Now I'm moving on to a HAAT solo, but I don't feel I am prepared enough to start farming Wampa/Hoda shards over G12 gear. I know I can solo over different teams, but are there any single teams that can defeat it without hoda/wampa. Any help appreciated :)
Post edited by hotdeaths on

Replies

• hotdeaths wrote: »
    Hey y'all,
    I made a post a while ago about a rancor solo, which I have now achieved. Now I'm moving on to a HAAT solo, but I don't feel I am prepared enough to start farming Wampa/Hoda shards over G12 gear. I know I can solo over different teams, but are there any single teams that can defeat it. Any help appreciated :)

Ackbar, hoda, CLS, bb8, and young Han in place of Wampa works. A gamechanger did a video on it. You’d still need to farm Hoda though.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • hotdeaths wrote: »
    Hey y'all,
    I made a post a while ago about a rancor solo, which I have now achieved. Now I'm moving on to a HAAT solo, but I don't feel I am prepared enough to start farming Wampa/Hoda shards over G12 gear. I know I can solo over different teams, but are there any single teams that can defeat it with hoda/wampa. Any help appreciated :)

My advise is just bow to the inevitable and at least farm hoda with minimum of 50% of your GET income, you will get the gear from raids and events bit by bit, but other than a token few shards from achievements you aren’t going to get hoda anywhere else. He is a game changer in both AAT and STR Raids, and a massive boon to most any Team (especially Jedi of course).
    you won’t regret it.
  • TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    hotdeaths wrote: »
    Hey y'all,
    I made a post a while ago about a rancor solo, which I have now achieved. Now I'm moving on to a HAAT solo, but I don't feel I am prepared enough to start farming Wampa/Hoda shards over G12 gear. I know I can solo over different teams, but are there any single teams that can defeat it with hoda/wampa. Any help appreciated :)

My advise is just bow to the inevitable and at least farm hoda with minimum of 50% of your GET income, you will get the gear from raids and events bit by bit, but other than a token few shards from achievements you aren’t going to get hoda anywhere else. He is a game changer in both AAT and STR Raids, and a massive boon to most any Team (especially Jedi of course).
    you won’t regret it.

Guess i'll just bite the bullet and try get it over with. How long to 7*?
  • Wampa and Hoda over g12 gear. it have nothign to do with HAAT, you should farm them before farming gear from that shop.
    and as you said, no currently known solos without one of them at least.
  • Could probably use Thrawn instead of Hyoda. Fewer assists, but Thrawn can turn swap with YOLO and fracture to reduce turn meter. Phase 1 might be harder since he'll attack though.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Could probably use Thrawn instead of Hyoda. Fewer assists, but Thrawn can turn swap with YOLO and fracture to reduce turn meter. Phase 1 might be harder since he'll attack though.

I use Ackbar (lead), CLS, BB-8, Young Han, and Thrawn. I can't solo the entire raid but I can solo P3 and P4.

I can solo P3 on auto once Young Han's basic is pratically one-shot killing the small droids.

I can solo P4 if I'm mindful to not destroy all turrets (thereby keeping the Enraged count from going down) and make sure to kill the B2 droids first. They remove buffs which help Young Han keep stacking damage. P4 needs more attention. However, if I get lazy and decide to auto, I typically get halfway through P4.

For P1 and P2 I use a mix of other teams (rebels, resistance, NS) but only to try to increase my score. I let my guildmates take care of P1 and P2 and then I come in at P3.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Like OP, I too am hesitant to invest in Wampa/Hoda and prefer to buy gear to strengthen my current toons. My not be the best approach but at least I keep doing well on our Tank Raids.
  • Wampa and Hoda are both very excellent toons, and not obtainable anywhere else. Character shards are huge limiters for various game modes.

There's a prevaling theory that Hyoda will be required for Jedi Knight Luke, since he was so important to the Empire Strikes Back story.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Wampa and Hoda are both very excellent toons, and not obtainable anywhere else. Character shards are huge limiters for various game modes.

There's a prevaling theory that Hyoda will be required for Jedi Knight Luke, since he was so important to the Empire Strikes Back story.

I've seen that theory everywhere but it doesn't make sense to me. I love Jedi Luke as much as the next guy, but yet another strong Jedi character would really make this game lop-sided as far as factions go.