Is Chewbacca worth it?

Given how difficult he is to unlock should he not be more impactful in the game?

Chewie has the hardest legendary event going with g11/g12 bounty hunters needed to unlock.

I’m cool with gearing up bounty hunters because I think they’re awesome and would have done it anyway. However, I’m not seeing chewie having a big impact?

Perhaps I’m wrong, but the CLS meta has well and truly passed and for raids (Haat & rancor) you only really need han and CLS. Chewie doesn’t really seem relevant with all the other OP toons coming through e.g. revan.

My question, why is one of the hardest to acquire legenaries one of the least impactful?

Or am I misssing something?

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Perhaps I’m wrong, but the CLS meta has well and truly passed ...

And then it was revived with the introduction of chewie. CLS lead teams can once again reach top—20.

... and for raids (Haat & rancor) you only really need han and CLS. Chewie doesn’t really seem relevant with all the other OP toons coming through e.g. revan.

Revan is not needed either. However, both Revan and Chewie boost some teams considerably for hSTR.
  • chewy is awesome imo, definately worth it.
    The only downside of unlocking him is that i'm now stuck with a half decent BH squad that's not really good for anything, haha. Unlocked him with g12 boba, g11 zam, g9 greedo and dengar, so it's still a work in progress without a high priority, atleast for me.
  • Shadowscream
    968 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I’m hoping to unlock him next time he comes round....
    In the meantime I don’t regret gearing BHs! I’ve got:
    ***G12 Boba, G11 Dengar, G10 Cad,Zam,Greedo (all 1 item from G11)***
    This squad clears Rebel Roundup, Both Galactic Bounties and TBattle Missions easily. It’s also doing decent damage on raids. It’s a fun Thermal Detonator team that doesn’t even have Bossk or the new BHs.

Other than Phoenix it’s hard to think of a team with so much utility.
  • I’m hoping to unlock him next time he comes round....
    In the meantime I don’t regret gearing BHs! I’ve got:
    ***G12 Boba, G11 Dengar, G10 Cad,Zam,Greedo (all 1 item from G11)***
    This squad clears Rebel Roundup, Both Galactic Bounties and TBattle Missions easily. It’s also doing decent damage on raids. It’s a fun Thermal Detonator team that doesn’t even have Bossk or the new BHs.

Other than Phoenix it’s hard to think of a team with so much utility.

prepare to retreat an awefull lot though. It's not exactly easy without bossk, even at g11 across the board.
  • But can chewie compete in the top meta of arena with a cls team?

E.g. CLS lead, Han, chewie, R2 and old Ben

• But can chewie compete in the top meta of arena with a cls team?

E.g. CLS lead, Han, chewie, R2 and old Ben

Yes. That team can beat the Sith meta comps. Plus Chewie on a Revan team is surprisingly effective.
  • Chewie is not quite as plug and play as Thrawn, but he is close. He is very good and worth getting. And yeah there are a couple of CLS chewie teams that show up in my top 10 of arena.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I can't beat Revan, but every other team is cake now thanks to Chewie. And the team still holds ok on D in my April '17 shard, so I can still get to top 20 (unless they're all Revan, which sometimes happen) despite not having either Revan or Traya. So yeah, definitely worth it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I run chewie with my raven led Jedi and chewie is amazing .

I need to 7* chewie though hoping I can do it with g12 boba/bossk, g9 deng, g10 cad and g8 greedo (I don’t want to lvl these Bh anymore )
  • Im running Traya and personally I try to avoid golden cls teams with chewie. That dmg can quickly abrupt the usual strategy.