i cri evrytiem

I can't even scratch their shields with my most powerful characters. Any tips ?
yVM5YrHPleM.jpg
ofDYUM4NTUY.jpg
cab47_-PBbU.jpg

Replies

• That is way too unfair.😕
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Ouch....that sucks.

I think you’ve spread yourself way way too thinly.
    At the start I focused on Phoenix and 3 Scoundrels for Heists....nothing else
    Then Empire and 2 more Scoundrels.
    Focused on getting them to G7+ (8 ideally)
    Then I worked on Leia, Old Ben and Farmboy Luke.

It’s better to have 2 or 3 focused teams.
  • Ouch....that sucks.

For good Arena scores, focus. For good GW scores, develop the roster broadly. He appears to be doing the latter, but that has been made moot the last couple months with the GW algorithm bug. Had he focused his roster the team in the first battle would be even more powerful. Battle 1 is supposed to be 60% of your top 5. Under no circumstances or units of measure could the team in battle 1 be 60% of his top 5.

GW is bugged. Doesn't happen every time, but it does happen.
  • This must be for recent players only and not affecting older players. I'm coming up on 1 year in late December, finished my 150 just before 6 months in.

Lately I've been manually running GW to test my newer teams out and haven't noticed the power differential these newer players are experiencing. I ran my 50k power Trooper squad through 11/12 nodes no problem, when my arena squad is pushing 95k. If it was like these posts, I'd have been ripping my hair out back in the manual days.
  • Something is wrong with GW; it would be nice to have some dev confirmation. I have over 3.7M GP and get much weaker battles on N1.

GW is obviously broken. Since it only happens to new (<L85) players with low GP points to the calculation of the max power metric used to scale the table.

New players are the ones you are trying to hook, CG. You should really take a look at what is going on here.
  • BucMan55 wrote: »
    Ouch....that sucks.

For good Arena scores, focus. For good GW scores, develop the roster broadly. He appears to be doing the latter, but that has been made moot the last couple months with the GW algorithm bug. Had he focused his roster the team in the first battle would be even more powerful. Battle 1 is supposed to be 60% of your top 5. Under no circumstances or units of measure could the team in battle 1 be 60% of his top 5.

GW is bugged. Doesn't happen every time, but it does happen.

We shall have to disagree - having a few solid teams will be much more useful in ALL areas of the game —> Unlocking Legendaries, Raids, GW, TW/TB etc.
    If you focus on the Legendary unlocks you get the tools to do well on those other areas.
  • We shall have to disagree - having a few solid teams will be much more useful in ALL areas of the game —> Unlocking Legendaries, Raids, GW, TW/TB etc.
    If you focus on the Legendary unlocks you get the tools to do well on those other areas.

No doubt. I was simply referring to the choice of focus or broaden your roster in regards to Arena and GW.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    This must be for recent players only and not affecting older players. I'm coming up on 1 year in late December, finished my 150 just before 6 months in.

Lately I've been manually running GW to test my newer teams out and haven't noticed the power differential these newer players are experiencing. I ran my 50k power Trooper squad through 11/12 nodes no problem, when my arena squad is pushing 95k. If it was like these posts, I'd have been ripping my hair out back in the manual days.

I am seeing it at 85 but I am new to 85 so my top 5 GP aren't that high. As far as taking a lower powered synergy team thru the back end of your GW, I can do that too. IF I don't get one of the brick wall type teams. If I do, I can just sim, or try to whittle some of the OP squad down and come back in with another team.
  • Small update if anyone interested.
    This is my first battle
    rCvPMwNyGV8.jpg
    The last one
    plRPtr5NB-U.jpg
    And the toughest battle today
    uAZkzmod-Ks.jpg
    This time it was much easier. I decided to use my imperial squad instead of my strongest guys (maybe it will affect something). Previously I only used my top 3 with jedi-healer and Phasma. Switched to them only at the end
    7bRJJaUgFVU.jpg
    21R0Aya8qQI.jpg
    HEvserddrwI.jpg
    W_o0K-RJw2A.jpg
    vKxUhyNTUrg.jpg
    Still not sure how GW works
  • Interesting that there's such a huge difference in average power. You'd think it would be somewhat predictable how strong your opposing team would be based on node.
  • BucMan55
    246 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Interesting that there's such a huge difference in average power. You'd think it would be somewhat predictable how strong your opposing team would be based on node.

There was before whatever happened in late september or early october. Synergy and zetas could obviously make things more difficult than the power would indicate, but at least the power of your opponents was very predictable based on node.

Edit: This chart was made by @EventineElessedil showing over a pretty solid sample size what power went where based on your top 5 characters

9pdhne9wvmrv.png
  • @BucMan55 that's impressive, thank you! It also more or less matches what I observed in my 150 manual GWs. I feel a great swell of pity for anyone who embarks on the Quest for 150 now though. Yikes.