Territory wars, thanks from a middle guild

Mirkraag
509 posts Member
edited November 2018
From our middle guild point of view (almost end-game, only few weeks before our first heroic raid sith), territory wars were the most interesting part of the game. Diversity, team effort, communication, roster depth, for me this mode was a real success for the game.

Until... wait for it... REVAN tadaaaa
Traya was an end game content that people had to deal with in arena. I had a lot of trouble against her but you know it was legitimate, very hardcore endgame character. But from our middle guild level, no traya in front of us in territory wars (which make sense, and even if, the nature of territory wars is made that you can overflow a powerful team).

And now with Revan, any level could have him. We faced him in 3 consecutive wars and there is absolutely nothing we can do as we don't have Traya. Team is unbeatable no matter how many teams you put in front of him, savior is here every match, regen, resurrect, a counter to every possible strategie without traya. I don't care of its pay2play nature. But the problem is that he was design to face and defeat Traya. But with no Traya we can't do anything. Territory wars is dead. And even when Revan will be back and a lot of people will get him (us included) it will just be who has the highest number of Revan.

This is pathetic, thanks dev for ruining the best part of the game.

Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Actually multiple teams can counter Revan. So instead of complaining about something you can do nothing about you should look start building up some counter teams :smile:
  • tell me a REAL counter team that can defeat 300+ Revan with Jolee please without Traya, i am sincerely listening

• BenTschee
    13 posts Member
    edited November 2018
  • Always the same crap, sorry dude but look at your video before.

I was asking for a counter for the OPTIMISED revan team which is Revan, yoda, bastila, jolee and GK. And oh what a surprise the only times it is this specific team it is traya the counter or ok once it is bounty hunters with nest. But again what a surprise, this is the only time in the video that we don't have speed indication so probably a low speed revan.

Again, give me some real counter for the optimised revan without Traya (spoiler alert : there is not !)
  • There is! Nightsisters can beat that lineup (speed on Revan doesn't matter), but I admit it is definitely not a hard counter.
    However, TW match making is obviously not taking the number of Revans or Trayas into account, which creates situations where one guild is seriously outgunned. There may be more counters to Traya available for most guilds than for Revan but the situation can be similar. We are currently fighting against a guild with similar GP but only 8 Trayas while we have 45 and you don't need a lot of imagination to predict how this is going to end... I still hope the situation improves with the new match making algorithm even though it's a faint hope.
  • Yeah I saw nightsister, but each time we tried it, Daka is always targeted and it is game over. In all the video I saw, Revan team magickally ignore her for the whole fight so of course sisters can be revived.
  • Sounds like people are getting a good return on their investment in Revan.
  • I am totally fine with Revan destroying EVERYTHING in offense. Why not, worth the investment. But making the team unbeatable in defense apart from Traya is a huge mistake and totally destroy years of farming and play.

That's just sad :(
  • Mirkraag wrote: »
    tell me a REAL counter team that can defeat 300+ Revan with Jolee please without Traya, i am sincerely listening

Nightsisters
  • But... If they have Revans and Trayas and better mods... and you have none. You are beaten by a better guild.

Match making problem, not Revans.
  • https://youtu.be/ULQy-L-m3ss

Abuse the TW mechanic, after nest has at least killed revan, turn auto off, and let the game timeout before jolee revives. Then send in a second team to wipe them out. Easy peasy
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    But... If they have Revans and Trayas and better mods... and you have none. You are beaten by a better guild.

Match making problem, not Revans.

Mods, sure, but a guild with no Trayas and 110m GP (us) should not be matched up with a guild that has 30m more GP and over 30 Trayas. That's the definition of poor matchmaking, unless your idea of good matchmaking is completely random matchmaking.

Might as well say a 40m guild should have to face a 160m guild, and if the 40m guild loses, it's their fault for not being a better guild.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • https://youtu.be/ULQy-L-m3ss

Abuse the TW mechanic, after nest has at least killed revan, turn auto off, and let the game timeout before jolee revives. Then send in a second team to wipe them out. Easy peasy

Cool idea thanks man !
  • Our guild has one or two revans, we put them in defence.. they are g12, in a g12 group of Jedi. We aren’t fighting a lot of treya yet, or if we do they are only 5 or 6 star.
    He (his group) has been beaten in 1-5 attempts on average.
    So I’m not sure what I can say other than perhaps the opposing guild is using better tactics and mods than your guild is.
    Revan is not broken.
  • If u have Zarris maybe boba (L), boosk, greedo and dengar with full potency in mods could work...
    tell me a REAL counter team that can defeat 300+ Revan with Jolee please without Traya, i am sincerely listening

Palpatine lead, Thrawn, Nihilus, Sion and Fallen Bastila

I beat Revan teams 9/10 times. :)

Man i tried that so many times, revan goes first, it focus nihilus and game over. How do you proceed ? I must do something wrong.
    cdhek wrote: »
    Our guild has one or two revans, we put them in defence.. they are g12, in a g12 group of Jedi. We aren’t fighting a lot of treya yet, or if we do they are only 5 or 6 star.
    He (his group) has been beaten in 1-5 attempts on average.
    So I’m not sure what I can say other than perhaps the opposing guild is using better tactics and mods than your guild is.
    Revan is not broken.

Probably because your revan is not in the optimised team i described or slow. Or there were some traya in the other team.
    As i said, Traya is not a problem at all (not triple resurrection, full prot and health regen, tenacity, speed bonus, etc...) Revan is because yes he is broken (c'mon he litterally has everything) but that s not the point here. I just want to enjoy territory wars again that s all.
  • The fact is that TW is just more fun at the mid game level, when you and your opponents don’t all have multiple meta squads. It’s much more fun to eke out wins against their trash squads with your trash squads than it is to face the same half dozen teams week after week after week.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
    Mirkraag wrote: »

Man i tried that so many times, revan goes first, it focus nihilus and game over. How do you proceed ? I must do something wrong.
    Have Thrawn go first (not first overall but first on your team). Switch turn meter with Sion. Do Torment to clear all buffs and apply Pain. Fracture Revan. Focus on killing GYM while keeping the support Jedi (like Kenobi, Jolee, Bastila, etc.) stunned with Fallen Bastila.

Make sure Revan is suppressed as much as possible and make sure Jolee dies so he can't revive other Jedi.

You're welcome.

Ok i will try that tomorrow, thanks for the tips !
    Yeah I saw nightsister, but each time we tried it, Daka is always targeted and it is game over. In all the video I saw, Revan team magickally ignore her for the whole fight so of course sisters can be revived.

Zeta Talzin lead, dude, doesn't matter who dies, they will revive eventually...
    Mirkraag wrote: »

Have Thrawn go first (not first overall but first on your team). Switch turn meter with Sion. Do Torment to clear all buffs and apply Pain. Fracture Revan. Focus on killing GYM while keeping the support Jedi (like Kenobi, Jolee, Bastila, etc.) stunned with Fallen Bastila.

Make sure Revan is suppressed as much as possible and make sure Jolee dies so he can't revive other Jedi.

You're welcome.

I am sorry, I dont know what kind of revan you are facing bu this is not working at all against optimised revan team. I am quickly overwhelmed by the team and have no chance to win.

My team : Thrawn 277 (+127), Sion 257 (+120), Palp 204 (+82, 126% power, no stun), Nihilus 225 (+105, useless dead in seconds), DB 240 (+110)

Do you see something wrong ?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I have Revans over 300 on my shard (320 max) plus they get +40 speed from the OR/Jedi bonuses. Good luck having your Thrawn go before Revan marks someone.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH