Progression from phoenix

So I'm lvl 57 and just hit 5* with my pheonix squad and i'm wondering whether to take phoenix toons to 7* or start with scoundrels or empire and then come back to pheonix.

Any thoughts would be very welcome :)

Replies

• AaronK_80 wrote: »
    So I'm lvl 57 and just hit 5* with my pheonix squad and i'm wondering whether to take phoenix toons to 7* or start with scoundrels or empire and then come back to pheonix.

Any thoughts would be very welcome :)

If you look at the November calendar you will see that the palpatine event is round the corner.

I dont remember how difficult the event is for 5 star but I old hate to have a 5 star team and miss it.
  • 7* your Phoenix team first so you can get thrawn and Palp to 7*, then make the switch to empire
  • Thrawn should be coming in December, so try and get them all 7*.

As mentioned Palp is in 2 days, and you can unlock him with 5* phoenix. G6/7 should be enough to beat him, its an easy fight.

Everyone always harps on Scoundrels. DON'T WORRY ABOUT THEM. The fights at tier 1-4 credit heist are VERY easy. Your **** Stormtrooepr Han, Clone Chewbaca and a Boba Fett can beat them. You can start grinding boba fett after your Chopper is finished, but maybe unlock him for now. Slowly gear up Boba Fett and he can solo even the top tier for you.

Focus all in on Phoenix, get them all Tier 7 then move on.

Cantina Energy: Hera/Ezra to 7 stars. Then probably Kylo Ren unmasked to at least r4 to start using his ship at level 60. Then either go all in on him, or switch to Old Ben/Luke to prepare for Commander Luke Skywalker.

Normal Energy: Always do 8 hard battles for Sabine. You need her unlocked at least to use the Phantom. Otherwise grind needed gear.

Cantina Currency: Chopper to 7 stars. Then Boba Fett. Then Asoka to unlock GMY

Squad Currency: Kanan to 7 stars. Then I suggest Tarkin as having a strong executor is amazing in ship arena. Then STH/Lei to prepare for CLS.

GW Currency: Zeb to 7 star (he'll likely be your first). Then Biggs for his ship. Then spend on ****'s Xwing, Tie Fighter, Jedi Consular's ship and any other ships you use.

I suggest switching to Palp/Vader/Tarkin/TFP/Boba (Thrawn once he's unlocked) after your Phoenix is 7 star g8. Ezra is the only one to keep gearing past gear 8.

• AaronK_80
    2 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Thanks for the detailed guide Minotaur, should help a lot.

Im close to hitting 60 in the next couple of days and i was wondering about beginning fleet for fleet arena. Id like to be competitive and keep my investmants smart.

A couple of things im not sure about are the phoenix ships vs a full DS fleet with executrix, and tie fighter, tie advanced, silencer, slave 1 and sun facs ship. Would including ghost and phantom work well with any of them? I would like to use them as i have focussed on their pilots upto this point.

Also is Executrix best option as capital ship or do you need capital one for chimera?
    Post edited by AaronK_80 on
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Go to empire but have them be ur secondary focus u will need them at 7* but u focus on arena/ fleet first when it comes to equipment then throw on Phoenix u will need them g 8 by the time u have7* and r trying to unlock thrawn. Ur not going to 7* the first time event comes ur way but the next time u need to be prepared to do so or wait another 3 months shaking ur head. U can farm 2 in arenas u won’t sacrifice for other toons. I farmed chopper after I was done with boba hira after I was done with Ezra but u have fleet captains in cantina like Biggs kilo that need to be priority if u want to do well in fleet. U won’t 7* Phoenix and unlock 7* thrawn this time I’m lvl 85 and about to do it u have a long ways for that just focus on unlocking at 5 and shift ur focus. Thrawn event is in 2weeks u won’t be close to ready or even 7* by then. But u will waste time fall further behind in arena and fleet when it unlocks because ur trying to unlock 7* when u should have just to 5* and put ur self in better position in other areas of game. I switched to empire from jedis which included kanan and Ezra around lvl 64 so ur focus is ahead u will c 7* Phoenix teams in arena 200-500 if u drop that low during transition time but with empire team it will be the last time u c Phoenix u will be back around top 100 where they won’t be able to reach soon Fighting endless Phoenix teams As they begin to realize there 7* squads r useless they will switch later but it will be too late their rank might hit 1k lol
  • 2smooth wrote: »
    Go to empire but have them be ur secondary focus u will need them at 7* but u focus on arena/ fleet first when it comes to equipment then throw on Phoenix u will need them g 8 by the time u have7* and r trying to unlock thrawn. Ur not going to 7* the first time event comes ur way but the next time u need to be prepared to do so or wait another 3 months shaking ur head. U can farm 2 in arenas u won’t sacrifice for other toons. I farmed chopper after I was done with boba hira after I was done with Ezra but u have fleet captains in cantina like Biggs kilo that need to be priority if u want to do well in fleet. U won’t 7* Phoenix and unlock 7* thrawn this time I’m lvl 85 and about to do it u have a long ways for that just focus on unlocking at 5 and shift ur focus. Thrawn event is in 2weeks u won’t be close to ready or even 7* by then. But u will waste time fall further behind in arena and fleet when it unlocks because ur trying to unlock 7* when u should have just to 5* and put ur self in better position in other areas of game. I switched to empire from jedis which included kanan and Ezra around lvl 64 so ur focus is ahead u will c 7* Phoenix teams in arena 200-500 if u drop that low during transition time but with empire team it will be the last time u c Phoenix u will be back around top 100 where they won’t be able to reach soon Fighting endless Phoenix teams As they begin to realize there 7* squads r useless they will switch later but it will be too late their rank might hit 1k lol

This guys foolish farming is why he has taken forever to progress. You can ignore him.

https://swgoh.gg/p/285824638/characters/

Ugh, how am I further progressed than you when I'm not ever 85 yet? You don't have Thrawn, CLS and probably just unlocked 7* Palp am I right?

https://swgoh.gg/p/217621753/characters/

Keep the focus of Phoenix -> Empire -> Jedi and farming your CLS team in between finishing off your Empire and starting your Jedi.
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Bro ur not further progressed than me I started in August rank 1 fleet top 20 arena u have no clue what ur talking about probably been playing for 6 months to reach 84 that’s y I’ll unlock thrawn the next event as I said I’m 3 months in big difference and F2P by the way not looking at ur account after the foolishness I just seen lol. But not really about me ur 5* r2 proves how much longer u have been playing I’ll unlock 2 months after seeing event at 7* ur probably 1 to 2 months start ahead and r mad I have reach higher lvl than u in that period and more Gp but don’t c why ur not in my shard and plenty of players I have past that were lvl 75 77 in squad when I was at 70. I get top 20 squad rank one fleet but again not ur competition focus on ur shard or c ur rank drop.
  • Never had people not even in my shard searching my account seeing my farms and trying to be me. Ur focus is those above u not a new shard lvl 85 with that mindset u won’t go farm. Reminds me of those competing in pit races because they have given up on arena ur lost focus on guys 3 years in u have to catch them not me they have much more gp toons at g12 and equipment and that’s where top in ur shard is focused playing catch up with those already there what game is about.