The end of double drop events

Whose brilliant idea was it to hit the kill switch on double drop events? I know we were told way back that they were done but honestly it was a big mistake. I mean the incentive to buy crystals to get a chance to get a ton of shards for characters who are regularly impossible to farm has gone. Toons are getting harder to farm nowadays due to lack of locations and with the galactic war, cantina and squad arena stores no longer changing inventory it's like a circus trying to 7 star a single toon when drop rates from nodes are horrific at best even with regular refreshes. I'm still a huge fan of the game but good lord when I spend anywhere between 200 to 300 crystals on a single cantina node and only get 3 shards for a single toon that's sad. All I ask is that we get double drop events back even if it's only once every few months like legendary events

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    We just had double drops?
  • We just had double drops.
  • We literally just had three days of double drops to celebrate the 3-year anniversary. I’d like them to come more often too, but I feel like you’ve missed something here.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • What do you mean? I'm sure they said that double drop events were no longer happening.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Said where?
  • @Coolnessda did you not log in at all over the last weekend?
  • Coolnessda wrote: »
    What do you mean? I'm sure they said that double drop events were no longer happening.

Double drops tend to happen on May 4th & the 3rd Anniversary. That said it seems that CG is trending towards having “bonus drops” more often than double drops.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Said where?

Yeah, this is news to pretty much everyone except OP I think.

Oh and welcome back @Liath
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I think somewhere it said that double drop events were being replaced with bonus drops like the one we had with bounty hunters where instead of getting one character we were given the chance to win 2 separate toons. But that's not much of an upgrade considering the drop rates were still just as bad.
  • Balthasar666
    254 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Coolnessda wrote: »
    I think somewhere it said that double drop events were being replaced with bonus drops like the one we had with bounty hunters where instead of getting one character we were given the chance to win 2 separate toons. But that's not much of an upgrade considering the drop rates were still just as bad.

so if you just msised the whole weekend of double drops you should not complain at all about hard farms
    because staying away from the game for 3 days is worse than everything you complain about :)
  • I didn't miss the event I'm just saying that it seems like drop rates are at an all time low especially for toons that are needed for special events like the vets for jedi Rey or any of the kotor toons for revan.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I think somewhere it said that double drop events were being replaced with bonus drops like the one we had with bounty hunters where instead of getting one character we were given the chance to win 2 separate toons. But that's not much of an upgrade considering the drop rates were still just as bad.

By “it said” do you mean “random people speculated”?
    TVF wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Said where?

Yeah, this is news to pretty much everyone except OP I think.

Oh and welcome back @Liath

Haha, thanks!
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I think somewhere it said that double drop events were being replaced with bonus drops like the one we had with bounty hunters where instead of getting one character we were given the chance to win 2 separate toons.

A lot of people here think a lot of things that are flat out wrong. Please find a source for that statement.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH