Could use some direction please

https://swgoh.gg/p/848221486/characters/

First of all, i didn’t really have a clue what I was doing until I was in my 40s(hence the lvl 42 Ewok scout). Needless to say things like that have me in a training droid and credit crunch. Then I started watching YouTube videos and things got a lot clearer. But I was so far behind on pheonix, I was only able to get 6* Palp, I’ll likely only get 6* Thrawn, which means 6* R2. Thus I won’t be getting CLS anytime soon(I’d need at least one more cycle of everything). Not even close on FO or Resistance so BB8/JTR aren’t in my foreseeable future either. I will likely get 7* GMY next time around.

My main question here is, do I stay the course on the aforementioned progression or would I be better off working towards Old Republic and all the new content that will be dropping soon. It’s probably a long shot, but Revan might actually be possible for me next time around if I farmed it hard.

I clear GW everyday. Top 50 in squad/fleet arena most days. No access to TW, we got 10 stars on the recent Hoth battle, so guild event currency is hard to come by. Also not seeing too many raids so I’m not swimming in guild store currency either. I’ve only been playing 2mo and while I feel like I’ve done fairly well considering the bad start, I also feel like I could use some sound advice. Any and all would be appreciated. Sorry for the long read.

Replies

• Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Probably get your Phoenix to gear 9 to ensure you can get Thrawn - it's doable at 8, but requires some luck and can be annoying since you have to re-clear all the waves after every failure.

After that, since it sounds like you're set on going for CLS, start beefing up the required characters. Yes, you'll need R2 first, but just do yourself a favor and get it out of the way so you're not scrambling to farm a whole pile of shards at the last minute.

After that it's a tossup, though Revan isn't a bad idea since your Bastila is already decent. Other options are Bounty Hunters, or First Order to get BB8 and start the long road to JTR.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Is JTR good (on par with CLS)?
  • papy72 wrote: »
    Is JTR good (on par with CLS)?

She's not as versatile - she needs to be run as lead (with the lead zeta'd) on a Resistance team, whereas CLS can be plugged in almost anywhere as long as he has It Binds All Things zeta'd. That said, with a good Resistance squad she absolutely crushes raids. Serviceable in arena too, although not top-tier material.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I’m not necessarily set on CLS. I focused more on him as I’ve just been following the progression outlined by numerous youtubers. And as far as he’s concerned, I’m at least somewhat in the ballpark. BB8 and JTR are a long ways away. I don’t have Kylo Ren, FOO, Poe, Finn, Rey or veterans chewie and Han.

As far CLS is concerned, I’d need 3 legendary events to cycle once more if not twice more and that’s not counting Luke’s hero journey. And on top of that I need to 7* Vader in the meantime which is no easy task. I don’t have that many more achievements I can get anytime soon and I kind of need my fleet store currency for other things. Basically I feel like CLS is probably 5-6mo away.

So I can either continue that path, with really not a whole lot to show for it in the meantime, or I could focus my resources on Revan which may actually be obtainable. Along with other Kotor content coming. But being a new player, I’m not really sure what it going to be needed more and which is the better grind.
  • Rhydia
    104 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    As far as gearing my Phoenix team, I’m stuck between do I spend energy on trying to get the gear I need or do I spend energy trying to get character shards. Frankly I don’t know what to do in regards to that.
  • Rhydia wrote: »
    As far as gearing my Phoenix team, I’m stuck between do I spend energy on trying to get the gear I need or do I spend energy trying to get character shards. Frankly I don’t know what to do in regards to that.

I try to divide my energy 50/50.
  • My comments are based 100% on a hunch, so keep that in mind here....

Don't drop Phoenix in an attempt to run for Revan. If past experience is any measure, He'll be back before you're ready. I'm thinking end of December / early January. If you already had Mission at 5* or better, the chance of getting there in time would be better. But with 2 cantina farm characters, neither of which you have above 3*, you're asking for failure.

As for the Phoenix gearing, spend your energy on the shards first. You already have them all 7 or 8 level gear... as long as you can use your leftover energy to get Ezra and Zeb to 8, the shards should be the focus. Once you get past the shards, the gear can be pushed much more easily. The 10 energy nodes don't have the hard limit, which is what really puts a crimp in shard farming.

If you get them to 7* in time, at least you have the option of moving mods around to try to beat the events. Without the stars, you can't even try.
  • Apologies, I was misinformed, there are NO bonuses for this round of TW, including the old BH, FO, etc

I have updated my previous post
  • @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie How is this getting posted in New Players portion of the forum. This should be a HUGE announcement since there are posts all over the map on this. Come on guys!
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Apologies, I was misinformed, there are NO bonuses for this round of TW, including the old BH, FO, etc

Did you post this on the wrong thread?
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Apologies, I was misinformed, there are NO bonuses for this round of TW, including the old BH, FO, etc

You folks should really slow down and pay a bit more attention this is a horrible display of communication beyond half hearted. An attempt to hide your shame of poor communication and a real embarrassment . The manager should know how to use a forum of all things.
  • Ur on lvl 72 not sure if u r behind on ur lvl up pace but if u r on track then this will be ur first time seeing the event. U will not unlock cls within ur first time seeing it as u need 7* empire team for R2 not to mention the time it takes for the farms in squad arena. Have guys Rebel focused In arena that didn’t do it so it’s not possible based off that. But u want to get it the second time u c event or u will be behind on those in ur squad. If u have factored thrawn and Vader into ur empire u would understand ur not on pace for R2 next month 7* but it really doesn’t matter u just need to be 7* ready next time it comes. It being 5* early has nothing to do with if u get it 7* by next time although it could be motivation u need it’s not relevant.
  • As far as pace is concerned, Ive been playing for 8wks. I don’t if that’s on track or not.
  • @Rhydia you will be lucky if not incredibly lucky to get cls first time around, esp in 8 weeks of playing time, farm the toons for him for next time...
    Focus on a squad to get what you want and farm them to 7* then move to the next target, best advice to give you really..
  • I would suggest you continue with your phoenix and get them to 7* (ignore Sabine for now). There's no doubt they are a pain to gear however it's worth it.
    There are many benefits in having Phoenix, they are required to obtain Thrawn, will unlock Palpatine, are all crew members, and are required for 2 combat missions in light side territory battles.
    I'm guessing Revan will be back Xmas/New Year so I don't see you being ready for that, and he is a 7* unlock only.
    The credit/training droid crunch - for now only level/gear the toons you really need and further down the line look at investing in your scoundrels (some are also bounty hunters) so that you can complete the credit heist/droid smuggling events.
    New content is released frequently and the "must have" toon/team today is constantly changing.
    Enjoy the game, follow the progression course you're currently on and it will all come together.
  • I believe that you have a false sense of reality believing that you will attain are an this second to around. I’m assuming you are F2P here and if so then you will have to farm all of the characters that I did at the same pace. I began farming each of the Old Republic characters THE DAY they became farmable, and as of now I’m at:
    •Bastilla 7*
    •Jolee 6* (92/100)
    •T3-M4 7*
    •Zalbar (93/100)
    •Mission 4* (59/65)
    It’s a slight stretch for me to finish mission before Christmas, and Yes I use multiple daily refreshes on cantina energy (or regular hard mode refreshes previously) to boost the progression of my farm. Though it may seem tempting to drop everything and go all in, it isn’t quite as achievable as one may think initially. I figured that if I started my farm the day they came out, that I would be on par to get Revan the first go around. I was wrong, (not even close BTW). CLS is a huge step up in the game and overall is going to increase the speed by which nearly everything in the game happens. It may be a (Hero’s) journey to get there, but it is well worth it. I would recommend continuing your Phoenix farm and then slowly collecting characters for the other legendary events. Getting every character your second go around isn’t that important. I didn’t get Thrawn my first second third of fourth go around. I didn’t think he was that great (dumb decision, I was stubborn about the whole Phoenix Squadron even being allowed in the game). I now use him on the daily in my arena alongside Ezra Bridger. If you want to get even higher in the arena I would go all in on Ezra, Bastilla, GMY, a 6* Thrawn (still very good!) + 1 other Jedi tank (Old Ben?) since GK is out of the picture for now.

Overall I think Revan will be unattainable by you this next go around, basing your timeline off of mine and the fact that I still may not get Revan when I started at the very first day. However the decision is yours and if somehow you are able to pull off such an amazing feat, I would be extremely happy for you.
  • Rhydia wrote: »
    https://swgoh.gg/p/848221486/characters/

First of all, i didn’t really have a clue what I was doing until I was in my 40s(hence the lvl 42 Ewok scout). Needless to say things like that have me in a training droid and credit crunch. Then I started watching YouTube videos and things got a lot clearer. But I was so far behind on pheonix, I was only able to get 6* Palp, I’ll likely only get 6* Thrawn, which means 6* R2. Thus I won’t be getting CLS anytime soon(I’d need at least one more cycle of everything). Not even close on FO or Resistance so BB8/JTR aren’t in my foreseeable future either. I will likely get 7* GMY next time around.

My main question here is, do I stay the course on the aforementioned progression or would I be better off working towards Old Republic and all the new content that will be dropping soon. It’s probably a long shot, but Revan might actually be possible for me next time around if I farmed it hard.

I clear GW everyday. Top 50 in squad/fleet arena most days. No access to TW, we got 10 stars on the recent Hoth battle, so guild event currency is hard to come by. Also not seeing too many raids so I’m not swimming in guild store currency either. I’ve only been playing 2mo and while I feel like I’ve done fairly well considering the bad start, I also feel like I could use some sound advice. Any and all would be appreciated. Sorry for the long read.

Is your guild dying? It's got way too much GP to only be pulling in 10* in TB. We've got 10million less total GP and hit in the 25* range for both LS and DS TB. We've also got some open spaces and are open to new players as long as they are active: https://swgoh.gg/g/3541/clones-in-tights/
    If you're interested, and are on Discord, DM me.

• My suggestion would be to finish Phoenix. Get them all to 7*, lvl 85 and g9 to be ready for the next time thrawn and palp come around. Then as opposed to focusing solely on empire for R2; spread yourself about a little. Hear me out!

To alleviate your credit/training droid crunch you will need a team of scoundrels. Boskk, Cad Bane, Boba and STHan can form a solid base to complete credit heists etc. and all have other uses. The Bounty hunters can be used for Chewie eventually and all have solid ships, getting the Hounds Tooth up and running early will help your fleet arena rankings too. STHan is also needed for CLS. Once these guys are up to snuff for your heists; then really focus empire down with Tarkin, Vader and TFP all also really helping your fleet arena standings. This will help you bring in more crystals from fleet arena which will in turn help you progress faster (more energy refreshes).

After that; look to finish up you're CLS toons. CLS is well worth it for raids and TB.

From here; you're pretty much free to then pursue whatever you want next. You could go for Chewie, Revan or JTR.

Don't panic about "falling behind". I did a similar thing to yourself but only started farming my phoenix at lvl 52. I focused on building up my fleet and squad arena teams whilst chasing the legendary as a secondary goal. Now I take 1st in fleet everyday and anywhere from top 10 to top 50 in squad arena every day. It bring in 5-600 crystals a day which then go on refreshes for faster farming of other teams. I've got palp, thrawn, r2, bb8, cls, raid han and GK all at 7* now with my bounty hunters being my main gear focus for chewie and fleet and my JTR toons are nearly ready too. this game is all about acquisition and assigning resources. Spending some time ensuring you are in a good spot for resource acquisition early on is never a bad call. No point having all the high end toons if you can only get them to g8-9 ;)
  • papy72 wrote: »
    Is JTR good (on par with CLS)?

Agree with the above, she is not as versatile as CLS, but she is still on par with him. Plugged into a resistance team, she excels so so much. You will find that a lot more of the top end guilds require her in order to get into the guild (not saying you have to find a guild like that, it just goes to show how good she is).

As for the original question, the biggest thing to remember is to be patient (we all could use an extra dose of patience). Whatever you're trying to go for, you will get there. Farming RJT is the longest thing in this game at this point, but when you can, start. First Order is a very underrated faction with KRU, Zylo, and First Order Executioner. And that moment when you finally unlock RJT, it is a very, very good feeling.

I have been playing since the beginning with some periods of taking a break, and I never farmed the Phoenix team. It is my one regret in this game. Keep going on them, and Thrown/Palp will bring you sweet satisfaction.

A couple other points:

When you are at the required level, find a guild that is active on the chat, and the members always participate in TW. Your guild will be stagnate and you won't have fun if those two things don't happen that often.

Don't underestimate Jedi Knight Anakin. He is a pretty good damage dealer, and his basic attack is good/underrated.. And we have been crying out for a rework of him for what feels like forever, and I wouldn't be surprised if we got one in the next six months.

Mods can be confusing. If you need help, there are so many resources out there to help. Just google them!
  • Thanks all for your input. I didn’t realize Revan would be back so soon. I figured it would be 2-3mo like all other legendary events.
  • I'd say stay the course with what your doing. Your not in a spot to chase the new stuff. Whenever you try to chase the latest stuff you wind up sacrificing critical teams you already have. Especially when they come up being required for certain heros, tw missions, etc.. 3 legendary heros at 6 stars in only a couple months is awesome. My best advice to you is change your guild. Guild raids and territory battles\wars is essential for valuable resources and characters. Sounds like your in a small beginner guild but you seem to have a solid grasp on progression. Look for a guild that can at least do heroic rancor and haat regularly as well as a solid turnout in tw\tb. Work on your key factions and in a few months look to finding a heroic sith raid guild.