685 posts EA Community Manager
edited November 2018
UNIT NAME: Carth Onasi
ALIGNMENT: Light
CATEGORIES: Light Side, Old Republic, Attacker
Old Republic soldier that excels at clearing waves of enemies

ABILITIES:

Basic: RAPID SHOT

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict a Damage Over Time effect for 2 turns. This attack deals 10% more damage for each Damage Over Time effect on that enemy.

Special 1: JUST KEEP SHOOTING (Cooldown 4)

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to all enemies and gain Offense Up for 2 turns. For each Critical Hit this attack scores, Carth gains 15% Turn Meter.

Leader Ability: SOLDIER OF THE OLD REPUBLIC

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Old Republic allies gain 30% Potency, Tenacity and Critical Avoidance. Whenever an enemy is inflicted with a Damage Over Time effect, all Old Republic allies recover 3% Health and Protection.

When an Old Republic ally uses their Basic ability during their turn, they have an 80% chance to call another Old Republic ally to assist, dealing 50% less damage (limit once per turn).

Unique 1: SOLDIERS TRAINING

FINAL TEXT: While attacking, Carth gains 10% Offense for each active enemy and Old Republic ally. Whenever Carth defeats an enemy, he gains 10% Critical Chance and Critical Damage (stacking), and the cooldown of Just Keep Shooting is reset.
Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on

Replies

• Trystan_Spyder
    1300 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Cooldown on a leader ability? *edit* and it's gone.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Awesome
  • Cooldown on a leader ability?
    Opps, somehow that snuck on there. There is no cooldown on the leader ability of course
  • Looks like he could replace my wompa on zvader squad for haat...
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    inb4 Ebon Hawk Kotor one variant (man if T3 is a pilot of the Carth one I'll laugh so hard at how inaccurate it is, unless there won't be 2 versions of the ship) :D
  • I was hoping that Carth would be a great leader for the Old Republic and am disappointed with his leadership. I do find it interesting that he has 30% critical avoidance which is unusual for a leader of any faction. Hopefully, I am missing something that would make him a solid and fun leader since I like his character.

I guess after all is said and done, I just don't want to talk about it.
  • Everyone is complaining, but this leadership is on par with bossk, zam, and kru. Its a great lead. Average of 3 to 6 dots per turn with the right lineup, so 9 to 18% protection and health regen per turn is very solid, thats a lot of durability.
    Carth, ordo, zaarbal, mission, and t3 seem like a good option.
  • HK22 wrote: »
    I was hoping that Carth would be a great leader for the Old Republic and am disappointed with his leadership. I do find it interesting that he has 30% critical avoidance which is unusual for a leader of any faction. Hopefully, I am missing something that would make him a solid and fun leader since I like his character.

I guess after all is said and done, I just don't want to talk about it.

It does seem a little underwhelming, certainly not enough to bump the non-jedi OR toons up my gearing priority list. Could be fun to play in some areas though, everyone loves dots
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Carth is a little lackluster right at this moment, I think the HK rework will finish it. Another source of DoT, plus deathmark maybe, and maybe some group buff on basic, like accuracy up and potency up or something.

Leading mission, Zaalbar, Canderous, & HK, you'd have 4 sources of DoT (5 with Mission's zeta). With all those assists, you get even more DoTs. This team thrives on them. Then, after you kill one enemy, HK applies deathmark to another, and you start rolling.

That said, the real MVP DoT team will be Zader with Mission, Zaalbar, Carth, and Wampa. Maybe sub in Canderous for mission.
  • where the graphics at?
  • I had to laugh after watching the GC videos. For someone implied to be a raid character, they show his team doing 600k in the easiest phase of the STR. That’s... a terrible score. What a great sales pitch!
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »
    I had to laugh after watching the GC videos. For someone implied to be a raid character, they show his team doing 600k in the easiest phase of the STR. That’s... a terrible score. What a great sales pitch!

I agree. I'm not sure why they provided THIS footage to Nukin. 600k in P2 of the HSR is laughable. That's not going to sell the character at all.
  • Corrog wrote: »
    Carth is a little lackluster right at this moment, I think the HK rework will finish it. Another source of DoT, plus deathmark maybe, and maybe some group buff on basic, like accuracy up and potency up or something.

Leading mission, Zaalbar, Canderous, & HK, you'd have 4 sources of DoT (5 with Mission's zeta). With all those assists, you get even more DoTs. This team thrives on them. Then, after you kill one enemy, HK applies deathmark to another, and you start rolling.

That said, the real MVP DoT team will be Zader with Mission, Zaalbar, Carth, and Wampa. Maybe sub in Canderous for mission.

mission doesnt need a zeta to apply DOTs, her zeta allows her to assist Zaalbar
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    His lead seems pretty awesome to me. Why do people think its not good? Combo of Phasma and Bossk?

Disappointed he is not a scoundrel, but I am rusty on KOTOR. Always viewed him as a Han clone.
  • What is the duration on the stacking critical damage/chance?
    Until end of encounter or end of battle?
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Krogania just asked a very good question
  • VonZant wrote: »
    His lead seems pretty awesome to me. Why do people think its not good? Combo of Phasma and Bossk?

Disappointed he is not a scoundrel, but I am rusty on KOTOR. Always viewed him as a Han clone.

Carth is an uptight, goody-goody (mostly, other than swearing vengeance on the man who killed his wife) war hero and member of the Republic military. He doesn't flout authority, and doesn't really fit the scoundrel mold (if there is such a thing).

Carth is an uptight, goody-goody (mostly, other than swearing vengeance on the man who killed his wife) war hero and member of the Republic military. He doesn't flout authority, and doesn't really fit the scoundrel mold (if there is such a thing).

I agree. He's literally a soldier, a decent one, that should be hunting down scoundrels..
    He's one of the few who will refuse to follow you to the dark side (the other one is Mission that comes to my mind, but noone else.)
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    I had to laugh after watching the GC videos. For someone implied to be a raid character, they show his team doing 600k in the easiest phase of the STR. That’s... a terrible score. What a great sales pitch!

I was wondering this as well, Most likely most of us already have sith raid teams going or a plan to get a team for each phase that would own those numbers on auto. So like, yeah. We must really be needing a HK rework to see him shine.
    VonZant wrote: »

Atton Rand, the Pilot in 2 would be a scoundrel. Carth is a goody goody guy who becomes the general of the republic in 2, which is like the guy who as said above, hunts them scoundrels. A soldiers soldier.

And maybe its because of the other 2 leaders in comparison, with RJT... Finn's lead is still incredible in some area's, Wedges lead is awesome.. (though Rebels have many good leads) So I guess people were expecting something along those awesome lines, and instead we got this that I'm guessing will make more sense later on.

Agreed. With all the dots and assists they sound very durable to me. Maybe the 4 dot kotor tunes and throw in gmy
  • Could these 4 new toons along with a reworked hk-47 be the required team for the next Revan-like old republic op toon? I know, it may not be a team you would have seen in a cinematic/narrative context, but I smell a scheme in all this.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    The big question I still have about his leadership is why critical avoidance? No other leader in the game that I am aware of has this particular boost and none of the OR characters to date have kits that specialize in this. I wonder if they are trying something new with him, a yet unreleased toon will take extreme advantage of it, or if they played "Spin the Leadership Bottle" and the bottle landed on critical avoidance.
  • HK22 wrote: »
    The big question I still have about his leadership is why critical avoidance? No other leader in the game that I am aware of has this particular boost and none of the OR characters to date have kits that specialize in this. I wonder if they are trying something new with him, a yet unreleased toon will take extreme advantage of it, or if they played "Spin the Leadership Bottle" and the bottle landed on critical avoidance.

Doesn't Traya have crit avoidance in her leadership?
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Traya has crit avoidance in her lead

they've started using that in kits and toons some months ago. Zaalbar has some on a unique, as does Bindo. I'm sure there are others, but none from the top of my head.

Makes the toons tougher, as a lot of the hardest hitting arena teams in the game are crit heavy, without raising health (venerable to %health effects like JTR) and defense, which has diminishing returns (but still effective, just look at Bossk lead)

It works just fine, as Traya became meta. If you crit on them, you do less damage. If you don't crit, you do less damage anyways. Then Carth brings some tenacity along, because if you don't hit hard you probably rely on debuffs (but, not too much tenacity as this seems to be a good team, but not a meta team) and some potency for the almight DOT
  • Drageero
    151 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Leader Ability: SOLDIER OF THE OLD REPUBLIC

FINAL TEXT: Old Republic allies gain 30% Potency, Tenacity and Critical Avoidance. Whenever an enemy is inflicted with a Damage Over Time effect, all Old Republic allies recover 3% Health and Protection.

When an Old Republic ally uses their Basic ability during their turn, they have an 80% chance to call another Old Republic ally to assist, dealing 50% less damage (limit once per turn).

Unique 1: SOLDIERS TRAINING

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) While attacking, Carth gains 10% Offense for each active enemy and Old Republic ally. Whenever Carth defeats an enemy, he gains 10% Critical Chance and Critical Damage (stacking), and the cooldown of Just Keep Shooting is reset.

Should the zeta be for his leader ability and not his unique? Level 8 of his unique only adds 5% crit chance and crit damage, but level 8 for his leader ability adds the health and protection recovery.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    HK22 wrote: »

You need to become more aware
    traya lead
    jkr unique (OR)
    jolee unique (OR)
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited November 2018

Zaalbar also has a base 25% crit avoidance and stacking defense. Put a crit avoidance arrow on him under Carth and he will be extremely tough to kill.

Zaalbar also has a base 25% crit avoidance and stacking defense. Put a crit avoidance arrow on him under Carth and he will be extremely tough to kill.

90% critical avoidance on Zaalbar would be crazy.

Agree. He is a good leader for the Old republic characters.