What are your words to live by...?

2Next

Replies

• Hmm,
    My name is awesome. My name is lame. Its Lamawesome! -Me

Just kidding, actually there are many sayings I like on this list. I like the one about Bruce Lee and becoming water.

Here are some others that I came up with:
    Sometimes there is light in darkness, and darkness in light, but true light always shines bright and pure. -Ryan
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • That's not how the force works! -Han
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Never turn down sex. (Unless your are married to someone other than the person who is offering.)
  • "Fall down 7 times, get up 8."
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius. My SWGOH.GG Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/bahumat22/
  • SteelOU812
    7 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    A recent words to live by that I’ve grown to like and apply comes from the last Rocky movie and his talk to his son.

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that! I’m always gonna love you no matter what. No matter what happens. You’re my son and you’re my blood. You’re the best thing in my life. But until you start believing in yourself, ya ain’t gonna have a life. “

Another was painted on the walls in my basic training barracks. Invictus by Hensley.

Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
    Looms but the Horror of the shade,
    And yet the menace of the years
    Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    the 808-kick drum makes the girlies get dumb

everyone likes progress, but no one likes change
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • @SteelOU812 "I ain't heard no bell! Now get up you son of a b.... cause Mickey loves ya" only Burgess Meridith could make remark. It gets me even now, great quote from the movie (yours) . People can say what they want about Stallones movies, I've liked them, especially the Expendables.
  • A quote I like is "And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?" Thomas Babington Macaulay

First heard in "The impossible planet" in an episode of Doctor Who.
  • "When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."
    -- CS Lewis