What is the best beginning faction, in your opinion?

President_Palpatine
99 posts Member
edited November 2018
I think it is Phoenix, but there may be other good ones that beginning game players may like to know
Post edited by President_Palpatine on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Phoenix with Nightsister as a close second.

Phoenix are an easier farm.
  • Kyno what about First Order? Or are they more middle game?
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Empire but it wasn’t available in first weeks started jedi then made transition after a few weeks once Phoenix teams started reaching 209-500 range causing team to drop they can get to 7* 1st But not a good investment if u want to go far arena no clue where Phoenix is now maybe 500-1000 if anyone is still using them lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno what about First Order? Or are they more middle game?

They are good, but not quite as versatile in the early game.

Phoenix also have decent ships too.
  • Phoenix, but scoundrels/bounty hunters and nightsisters are also good teams.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Early game is about effective diversity.

Phoenix:
    - LS table
    - Cantina table
    - GW table
    - arena
    - Thrawn
    - Palp
    - TB special mission (and 6/6 many missions outside of that phase)
    - decent ships

1 team to rule them all.

Not sure any team can really stand against that when it comes to investment vs use.
  • Early game you should be focusing on unlocking content. The team that unlocks the most content by far is Phoenix, it isn't even close. You get two solid ships that are required for ‎Chimaera, are cargo ships, and have their uses in ships arena. They are required to get Thrawn which has been argued is the best toon in the game. They can unlock Palpatine. Two of them are Jedi and get you closer to unlocking GMY. Plus they are required in TB. Plus they do solid damage in phase two of the sith raid. Did I mention they can clear GW? And Ezra is used in Arena in the current meta. Honestly no other fraction comes close in terms what they open up in early game.

The next fraction I would worry about is scoundrels. Focusing on toons that open up other areas like bounty hunters, ST han, smugglers, and scoundrels with ships especially cargo ships. Toons like Boba Fett are expecally good to work on early as he has a ship (a cargo ship in fact), and is a solid member in a bounty hunter team. But scoundrels are second as credit, and droid heists are so important and every member can be chosen to make making other needed teams like Bounty Hunters, Smugglers, and cargo ships easier. Without the heists it is hard to have the resources to develop much of anything.

Thing is early on focus on flexible toons that help unlock content. Teams like Nightsisters don't unlock much in the game until late game. I honestly think focusing on anything other then Phoenix and scoundrels until they are at least gear 9 is a mistake.

After those are done there are plenty of valid choices, First Order, CLS team, GMY Jedi team, Empire team, JT Rey Team, Nightsisters, Reven team, and more are all great choices and good great work unlocking key parts of the game. But to start get a solid Phoenix team (all six members) and a scoundrel team. They pay off in the long run.
  • It's been a while since the video was uploaded, but I think it's still relevant imo. You better watch this before it's deleted, if you know what I mean lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taRxShw0wKk
  • langgambp wrote: »
    It's been a while since the video was uploaded, but I think it's still relevant imo. You better watch this before it's deleted, if you know what I mean lol.

lol #rework grievous

• 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Stop with that pheonix is best literally just want an easy win in squad with that advice. My Phoenix is g8 where they have been sitting since lvl 60 there purpose is to get thrawn for ur empire team which is they best and that’s it. Once ur done with useful team Cls JTR Ect then u will use them for raids Cause ur end game and have ran out of useful teams. My Phoenix couldn’t make it to node 4 GW c none in my arena (just hit top 30 with first zeta and no thrawn by the way) and literally use 3 other rebels to unlock 7* ep. Empire is also used in fleet where I’m ranked 1/2 have a bosk on player that had lvl andvantage over me when I’m within 5k power I take #1 and only one in my early fleet that can do so. If u want to compete go empire if u want to collect toons go Phoenix and struggle to get through GW when u can go through most with backups on ur arena that r sittin 4* g8 G9 and still don’t lose protection half way through lol Phoenix ships r not solid both I don’t even use and only one I will end game they r defense ships and u will c how useful they r when u struggle to do damage on LS ship capital challenges and shake ur head lol.
  • I would vote for First Order as a close second.
    FO is easy to farm(KRU+Ship on same node) and many of them are Pilots. As the Zeta challenge requires more DS ships, this is where FO and their DS Ships will help out in. Zetas are a lot more impactful in the mid late game than Penix teams. They also give you access to BB8 event and that’s a Legendary that’s fantastic in most raids. FO team is also a decent Arena Squad, or at least I get a fair amount of defensive wins from FO during TW defense.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    I would vote for First Order as a close second.
    FO is easy to farm(KRU+Ship on same node) and many of them are Pilots. As the Zeta challenge requires more DS ships, this is where FO and their DS Ships will help out in. Zetas are a lot more impactful in the mid late game than Penix teams. They also give you access to BB8 event and that’s a Legendary that’s fantastic in most raids. FO team is also a decent Arena Squad, or at least I get a fair amount of defensive wins from FO during TW defense.
    yes but it all starts with empire. used to get R2 then progress to Cls then FO for B.B. 8 leading into JTR farms u need to follow progression in order if u don’t want to wait 6 months for a event u didn’t prepare for right. Probably will stop playing out of frustration like most and come back when event rolls around because ur ready but have 2 months to wait.

• 2smooth wrote: »
    Stop with that pheonix is best literally just want an easy win in squad with that advice. My Phoenix is g8 where they have been sitting since lvl 60 there purpose is to get thrawn for ur empire team which is they best and that’s it. Once ur done with useful team Cls JTR Ect then u will use them for raids Cause ur end game and have ran out of useful teams. My Phoenix couldn’t make it to node 4 GW c none in my arena (just hit top 30 with first zeta and no thrawn by the way) and literally use 3 other rebels to unlock 7* ep. Empire is also used in fleet where I’m ranked 1/2 have a bosk on player that had lvl andvantage over me when I’m within 5k power I take #1 and only one in my early fleet that can do so. If u want to compete go empire if u want to collect toons go Phoenix and struggle to get through GW when u can go through most with backups on ur arena that r sittin 4* g8 G9 and still don’t lose protection half way through lol Phoenix ships r not solid both I don’t even use and only one I will end game they r defense ships and u will c how useful they r when u struggle to do damage on LS ship capital challenges and shake ur head lol.

That’s a very long last sentence....
    It’s also wrong and objectively so. Phantom has one of the BEST 1st reinforcement abilities (arguably the best).

Phoenix -
    • They are farmed in different locations.
    • let you unlock Thrawn and EP.
    • Their ships can help you get Chimera.
    • Phoenix (and Chimera) are required for Territory Battle missions.
    • They have TWO Jedi that can be used to unlock GMY and then both have a role in a Bastila Jedi team until Hoda/Jolee or GK replaces Kanan.
    • They are useful in Phase 2 Sith Raid.
    • Sabine is useful on “Church of Nute” Phase 2 Sith Raid
    • Oh....and between Phoenix and your Empire team you can Clear GWar 9/10 times.

Did I mention that Phoenix are the best first team.....

It’s also wrong and objectively so. Phantom has one of the BEST 1st reinforcement abilities (arguably the best).

Phoenix -
    • They have TWO Jedi that can be used to unlock GMY and then both have a role in a Bastila Jedi team until Hoda/Jolee or GK replaces Kanan.

just saying currently use Phoenix to unlock 2 toons and will be a minute before they provide any other benefit. When I think of the equipment I wasted taking them to g8 I shake my head and c why people have over 2 mil gp without Phoenix even farmed because they didn’t want to make that waste lol.

• Shadowscream
    968 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    @2smooth —> How did you read my post and then come to that Conclusion? curious....

For reference - I’m 1.9m GP, 11 month old account, FTP - Top 20 Arena, Top 50 Fleet (working on Fleet right now!). I’ve got:
    • G12 Ezra with Zeta - Critical to Arena and Phantom (best 1st reinforcement)
    • G11 Kanan - 5th man in my Jedi Arena team for a while until replaced. Ghost pilot.
    • G10.5 Chopper/Sabine - pushing to get them to G11 ASAP so I can get Phantom abilities @ Omega. Sabine I use in the Sith Raid.
    • G9 Hera/Zeb - neglected....I’ll need to get to G11+ for Ghost to shine. I’ll do Hera first.

So....I’d agree that G8 would be a waste but for the opposite reason to you ;)

p.s. I suspect Chopper will have a role in a Droid team if HK/GG get reworked —> his kit is solid.
  • I have the Ghost in my arena fleet, my Phoenix are simply the best team to get max points in Territory Battle combats in all phases with zero platoons done, they are a decent Territory War team, i can solo Galaxy War with them without any problem if i want to, they have some minor use in raids and they can be used to unlock a lot of content. So yes, Phoenix are the best team to start with.

And for you 2smooth - i am at 3,5 million GP+ and i would farm them again everytime without a single doubt.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Phoenix, Empire, First Order, Jedi, Bounty Hunters, Nightsisters ... Any of them are farmable in early to mid game, and can be effective.
  • Enerdrizer
    263 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    These days I would go for bounty hunters, first order and/or jedi.
    Phoenix in the next stage, mainly to boost empire.

It is true that phoenix has decent ships and they are used (probably still) in the best team, but it's like distant goal to connect them with hound't tooth; gearing phoenix up above g8 can stop progress if you are not considering spending money.

p.s. I suspect Chopper will have a role in a Droid team if HK/GG get reworked —> his kit is solid.

@Shadowscream I woudn't count on that; his role is miserable compared to R2, BB8, Probe droid and even T3 or L3

2smooth wrote: »

Phoenix -

just saying currently use Phoenix to unlock 2 toons and will be a minute before they provide any other benefit. When I think of the equipment I wasted taking them to g8 I shake my head and c why people have over 2 mil gp without Phoenix even farmed because they didn’t want to make that waste lol.

Nearly everything you've said in this thread is dubious at best. If anyone gets to 2mil without having farmed phoenix (and thus not having thrawn) then they're an ****.

Nobody would suggest that phoenix are the best arena team or endgame team, but I think you'd have to give me a lot of psychedelics before I'd come close to believing any other team is a better farming option for a starting player - for all the reasons already mentioned.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Kisakee wrote: »
    I have the Ghost in my arena fleet, my Phoenix are simply the best team to get max points in Territory Battle combats in all phases with zero platoons done, they are a decent Territory War team, i can solo Galaxy War with them without any problem if i want to, they have some minor use in raids and they can be used to unlock a lot of content. So yes, Phoenix are the best team to start with.

And for you 2smooth - i am at 3,5 million GP+ and i would farm them again everytime without a single doubt.
    ur right have a guy using them in fleet early on they r useless they r much better late maybe at 7* they will hold better on defense. Got knocked out top 5 the minute I used them but could successfully attack with them easy. I just never get to use ships because I need certain line up for bosk and it’s usually at top but that’s starting to change as all other in top 4 can beat now so can practice other lineups with extra fights.

2smooth wrote: »

Phoenix -

Nearly everything you've said in this thread is dubious at best. If anyone gets to 2mil without having farmed phoenix (and thus not having thrawn) then they're an ****.

Nobody would suggest that phoenix are the best arena team or endgame team, but I think you'd have to give me a lot of psychedelics before I'd come close to believing any other team is a better farming option for a starting player - for all the reasons already mentioned.
    jedi is a way better option especially with revan now but if u r to suggest being top 50 vs 100 temporarily until lvl 65 which is a few weeks is worth 7 * Phoenix and equipment waste taking to g9 g10 where that equipment can go to useful teams later I’m going to have to disagree. That equipment is what u will need to beat teams and arena and u will fall behind if ur wasting on toons ur won’t use now but later. But maybe ur suggesting most can’t farm Phoenix while farming there arena and still focus on putting gear on them to g8 for later use if that’s the case can’t argue with saying put them in arena stop figure out next move when 7* g9-10.

• You are TOTALLY missing the point! You farm Phoenix first - they let you unlock Legendary characters and get Crystals early on in the Arena!
    Then with those Legendarys - you either switch to Empire or Jedi in the Arena but with the HUGE advantage of Thrawn, EP, GMY and a boat load of crystals from consistent TOP 20 finishes early on.
    Additionally because you have a solid regenerating Team - you can now more easily finish GWar daily.

The idea is - Phoenix are your FIRST team! Not your middlegame team - they gift you your middlegame team though.

Can someone explain this more clearly than me......I give up :(
  • langgambp wrote: »
    It's been a while since the video was uploaded, but I think it's still relevant imo. You better watch this before it's deleted, if you know what I mean lol.

RIP I want a grievous rework too :(
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" - Confucius. My SWGOH.GG Profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/bahumat22/
  • You are TOTALLY missing the point! You farm Phoenix first - they let you unlock Legendary characters and get Crystals early on in the Arena!
    Then with those Legendarys - you either switch to Empire or Jedi in the Arena but with the HUGE advantage of Thrawn, EP, GMY and a boat load of crystals from consistent TOP 20 finishes early on.
    Additionally because you have a solid regenerating Team - you can now more easily finish GWar daily.

The idea is - Phoenix are your FIRST team! Not your middlegame team - they gift you your middlegame team though.

Can someone explain this more clearly than me......I give up :(
    ok I get that but never had problems with GW maybe 5 loses max since playing and didn’t get 1st until lvl 79 when they throw 18k plus teams at u. Don’t remember seeing many teams high that were Phoenix early I saw a lot of p2p teams high NS Bounty hunters saw sion smh but things may have changed had way more whales early in than now but they r still there lol.