Kit Reveal: Juhani

Replies

• Palanthian wrote: »
    Why is she leaning over 45 degrees? She looks ridiculous.

That’s intergalactic for “Come at me, bro.”
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »
    I dont know about you, but I think its ridiculous that some random character comes along with a great kit while iconic characters like Anakin and Windu still suck...

So much this. Fix Mace.
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »
    I dont know about you, but I think its ridiculous that some random character comes along with a great kit while iconic characters like Anakin and Windu still suck...

I do agree that Mace is horrible. He is far worse than Anakin who I use under Bastila in TW. Anakin is decent at best though, and could use a Zeta. I get angry every day about the fact that Mace has been so rotten for so long.

But I wouldn't call Juhani's kit "great." She is a tank who doesn't pretaunt. She doesn't autotaunt. She has a long cool down on her one taunt with no way to gain TM, or reduce her cool down. So a singe dispel renders her a useless tank for most of the battle.

As for the rest of her kit, she has a cleanse, but current Jedi teams already have a multitude of cleanser + tenacity up most of the time. She does negligible damage under the best conditions. She has a couple of debuffs, but some are highly conditional. The stun has the same long cool down as her taunt, and it will never stick vs a mirror match, and Sith teams will auto cleanse it thanks to the beefy Treya mod strategy.

The only thing she is decent at is health regeneration. So, dispel her taunt round 1, and then easily kill the other characters. This shouldn't be a problem because Juhani is arena garbage. It will be like facing a 4 character arena team with her wasting space. Then mop her up last when you are 5 on 1.

I think she'll be good in the Sith raid with the leftover KOTOR toons, but that's about it. She's nothing special. I'll take Anakin as he is now over her kit any day. And if Mace gets a rework that mediocre I might quit out of sheer disappointment.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    ...So a singe dispel renders her a useless tank for most of the battle...
    A singe dispel?? What kind of a monkey business is that?? :o
  • Turvantus
    223 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Jacen pretty much summed up all of our thoughts into a single well written post. Thanks. *hand shake*
  • ddlooping2 wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »

I know right?!? It's a good thing that there aren't any characters who can dispel buffs. :D

She would have been arena gold 1 to 2 years ago along with Sun Fac, and STHan.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    ddlooping2 wrote: »

I know right?!? It's a good thing that there aren't any characters who can dispel buffs. :D

There aren't many that can dispell it through foresight, I'll say that. Less foresight spam without GK, but still plenty of it.
  • Woodroward wrote: »

There aren't many that can dispell it through foresight, I'll say that. Less foresight spam without GK, but still plenty of it.

It's a good thing that Nest, Sion, and Thrawn aren't used at all in the meta. They all have unavoidable attacks that remove buffs.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »

It's a good thing that Nest, Sion, and Thrawn aren't used at all in the meta. They all have unavoidable attacks that remove buffs.

Meanwhile even Old bens like "Hold my beer" when Thrawn Fractures him. Y'know, I'm glad at least Old ben is a good character in this game.

So those mandalores, sith troopers ect. that we see in this marque... that's a lot of art assets and characters we don't have playable. Why not just dump like 10 new characters into the shipment stores... you know you want to.. the kits exist for them... the art exists for them.
  • Also, what is the point of the “can’t be evaded” on her stun? Can we please stop adding that in. I’m on with it for things like cleansing attacks, essential components like marked or fracture, or faction specific counter (ex: Sith cannot evade/resist).
  • Gheyst1214 wrote: »
    If you had sold this game as Galaxy of Heroes for Knights of the Old Republic, I'd have never have even tried it.

And it would still be the best Star Wars mobile game. With or without you.

Oh no? Maybe little millennial, I don't need to be a part of everything.

Maybe, condescending person, you should keep an open mind instead of insulting people because of their interests.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Also, what is the point of the “can’t be evaded” on her stun? Can we please stop adding that in. I’m on with it for things like cleansing attacks, essential components like marked or fracture, or faction specific counter (ex: Sith cannot evade/resist).

It can still be resisted, but it is weird how they made the stun go through foresight. Maybe too many things are gaining foresight these days and she was even worse without it.
  • @JacenRoe : juhani doesn't have an ability that debuffs her with no strategic value. In fact no character has that except for Anakin. Her kit is therefore better and much more advanced. She can stagger everybody, taunt, stun, go stealth, and self heal like crazy.... her kit is way better
  • She’s awful.
  • Et voila, un singe qui peut dissiper...Pd7NtKNg4d-12.png
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited December 2018

Sion's the only one really worth mentioning about those 3. Nest isn't good vs, Revan lead Jedi from what I've seen, and no one wants to waste Fracture on the tank when going against Revan as doing so usually means losing.

So yeah... Sion's the only real threat. Not that Sith are much of a threat here.
  • ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Et voila, un singe qui peut dissiper...Pd7NtKNg4d-12.png

Vastly underrated comment.
  • Thanks @Firebrigade. ;)

Sion's the only one really worth mentioning about those 3. Nest isn't good vs, Revan lead Jedi from what I've seen, and no one wants to waste Fracture on the tank when going against Revan as doing so usually means losing.

So yeah... Sion's the only real threat. Not that Sith are much of a threat here.

As someone who runs Revan, and has tried many variations, high tenacity Nest is the single biggest PITA out there. She stacks massive Crit damge and then can go nuts on counters if I’m not careful. She is absolutely relevant.
  • Targon
    2 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I will not put her unique past tier 6. I won’t get invis, so what? I won’t get health steal offense up etc, so what? I’ll have a strong tank, taunting for 4 turns with Angelina Jolee Bindo backing me up.

Solution: when Juhani regains 100% health, she regains taunt (as part of her zeta). She can float b/w invisibility and taunt. Hows that for hard to kill?

I've been using her (7* + zeta and some t12 great) and she's pretty weak. Much weaker than GK. Her taunt sucks, only taunts once every 4 turns and is almost always immediately removed. One solution is to make her taunt undispelable due to the long CDs and her slow speed. Also her zeta needs to give her taunt back once she reaches full hp. Additionally, her stagger is resistable. So it won't stagger other Jedi teams, which also means her basic won't do damage. GK can also dispel her stagger and turn it into a positive effect.

IMO she's not worth buying in her current state. She needs a way to gain back taunt that's not on a 4 turn CD. She's very slow, doesn't hit hard, and her stagger is useless vs other Jedi teams. So either make her stagger unresistable/undispelable or change it to something else completely.

Bad base stats + bad kit = bad character. I like the idea and see what CG was trying to do, but the execution was really bad. I think her stagger needs to be one of those debuffs you couldn't avoid/dispel, debuffs that don't work like this aren't good in the current meta. As of right now, I've staggered Jolee only two times after at least 30 arena matches, everyone else resisted and the stagger was dispelled.

Her base speed needs to be higher or her CDs need to go down. Right now she's very slow, has long CDs, and hits like a wet sponge. If she gained taunt as long as she was at 100% health that would fix some of her problems.

You can safely ignore her in arena and with your wallet.

She's slow, doesn't hit hard, doesn't offer much support, and her kit is just bad for a tank character. 1 dispel and she's rendered useless. And she's not immune to TM reduction so if you hit her it'll take even longer for her to taunt again. But right now the best thing to do is dispel/stun her when she taunts and ignore her until the real threats have been taken care of.

This is another case where a characters zeta actually makes them weaker instead of stronger.

NS Zombie all over again.
    Post edited by Targon on
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    All they'd need to do to fix her is remove the fact that she de-taunts herself and remove her gaining stealth and she'll be better.

Taking things out of her kit actually makes her a better character. for some reason they decided to make her an ok tank, but then they were like "how can we make her worse".

A tank who doesn't tank or do anything in the fight and is slow, and has long cooldowns, and doesn't hit for anything... who you are better off leaving an ability at lvl 6 or you make her pointless.

As someone who runs Revan, and has tried many variations, high tenacity Nest is the single biggest PITA out there. She stacks massive Crit damge and then can go nuts on counters if I’m not careful. She is absolutely relevant.

Well you're in an odd category then. The decreasing max health aspect of Revan vs Nest has most people saying Nest isn't anything to Revan leads. If you have lots of problems with her, I call it player error.

So I will reiterate: Sion is the only dangerous one out of the ones listed, and Sith aren't dangerous.

See some people just look for a weakness of a character and that's the end of it as Jacen Roe has done. That's really the boring, uninventive way to look at this game though. The real trick is to find things that LOOK like they will be a weakness, and then use it so it isn't a weakness.

The long triggered perma taunt looks like a weakness until you really analyze the teams that are being used, and the abilities that will be behind it. Only real threat to it is Sion when all factors are considered... and Sion isn't much of a threat.
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    The decreasing max health aspect of Revan vs Nest has most people saying Nest isn't anything to Revan leads.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but can't this decrease in max-health be resisted, hence @Bulldog1205's problems with high tenacity Nest?
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    The decreasing max health aspect of Revan vs Nest has most people saying Nest isn't anything to Revan leads.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but can't this decrease in max-health be resisted, hence @Bulldog1205's problems with high tenacity Nest?

Really shouldn't be an issue when everyone's gaining 50% potency from Bastila's battle meditation. I mean sure, maybe turn 1, but who's going after Nest turn 1?

I'm not just theorycrafting here. He's the first person I've heard say Nest is an issue for Revan. People in my shard have been saying Nest is a non-issue. I say it's a strategy error on his part.
  • Nest isn't an insurmountable issue for Revan teams, but then again nothing is as he's the most blatant P2W thing we've seen to date. As another Revan user, she's annoying, particularly under zMaul, exactly because you have to wait for her to take a turn and generally don't want to use any specials on her. I've lost to her on defense in a Q'ira / Hoda / Nest comp (the other two are largely irrelevant - I have a clever PO mate) with her being modded for protection and extra-high tenacity. It's a gimmick and not 100%, but it can work.

Juhani doesn't seem to add much to the Revan comp in place of either GK or Bastila (the only two you would consider replacing). She might be meant for additional options under a Carth Onasi lead, or to provide a generic tank for other Jedi teams. The additional speed bump from her OR tag might help tip the scales in a mirror, but that's about all I could see, and losing the foresight from GK shouldn't be underrated.

To @Woodroward 's comment on Revan not needing offense, I would assume he has never played a Revan mirror match where offense (and who gets battle meditation or retribution when) is one of, if not the most important consideration. Nothing like beating the opponent team senseless for five straight minutes to end up in a five-five tie with everybody with mostly full protection and a full menu of buffs.

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Juhani doesn't seem to add much to the Revan comp in place of either GK or Bastila (the only two you would consider replacing). She might be meant for additional options under a Carth Onasi lead, or to provide a generic tank for other Jedi teams. The additional speed bump from her OR tag might help tip the scales in a mirror, but that's about all I could see, and losing the foresight from GK shouldn't be underrated.
    Juhani would be a horrible tank under any leader but Revan, and Bastilla would have to be along for the ride too. This character has far too many weaknesses without that specific set of characters around her.

You either replace GK with Juhani, or you leave her on the bench. She'll do well in that team. GK can do well in any team.

I don't do mirror matches because I don't do the META. Others in here may run Revan, but that doesn't mean they know what they're doing. It's obvious that most of the Juhani naysayers haven't really thought about her kit. For instance you saying she's probably meant for an Onassi lead... not a chance.

Or Jace saying that a single dispell is all you'd need to neuter Juhani. Obviously hasn't thought about it much.

• Fought a revan squad with a Gold zeta Juhani in arena today with my Revan squad (me: Revan, Yoda, Bastilla, GK, Jolee). She's absolutely terrible. The fight was vastly easier than when the same guy was running GK instead of her. Once she taunted I just cleared it and kept right on moving. Fight took just over a minute. Typically it's a slog vs other Revan teams with my Revan teams but without the auto taunt from GK it made it super easy to kill yoda and get to Jolee before he even had a chance to revive. Usually I have to kill yoda once for savior, again to trigger jolee to burn his revive and then go after Jolee. With Juhani I was able to go straight after Jolee after killing yoda.
  • Take her back and start over please
  • To add to my review, if she's stunned or CC'd before dropping below 100% hp, her zeta doesn't trigger. So she's even worse than you thought.
  • So any opinion other than the arena? She looks decent in a TW team.