Carth Onassi bonus tier

Prev13
SJ76
16 posts Member
Anyone got any advice? I’m getting smoked...

Replies

• I had no problem at all using NS
    114 posts Member
    I used first order with a kru lead, stun works well, if you have palp, dooku, Daka etc try and make a stun team
  • SJ76
    16 posts Member
    Thanks
  • No matter what team I use I don't even get to use any of my character's actions, except Carth's one attack at the start. I finished Juhani's on the first attempt yesterday - what gives with this one?
  • Clear? or not?

Show your inventory.
  • SJ76
    16 posts Member
    They must have some serious speed. I’m in the same boat.
  • This is insane, I'm in the same boat. I wouldn't be so mad if hadn't beat this exact team yesterday. This is a whole new level of pure pure evil. What's the point of having this bonus tier if you don't have any chance of beating it without OP purchased teams?
    114 posts Member
    You guys do realise the rewards for the bonus tier is 1 omega and 2 health mods, not shards
  • Enemy's firt wave is huge... however, the following teams won:
    NS (Z Talzin lead), Jedi (Z Bastila lead), BH (Z Bossk lead),Resistance (Z RJT lead), Empire/Sith (Z Palpatine lead).. then I finished the 5 attempts.
    Gear and speed are important (I have this teams full of G12 and very good mods).
    Kill enemy leader as the last.
  • 123 wrote: »
    You guys do realise the rewards for the bonus tier is 1 omega and 2 health mods, not shards

Some people really need those :smile:

The problem is this: Carth's bonus tier has level 88 enemies sitting at G12, while in Juhani's, they are level 85 and G10 (though the Raider Marshal boss is G12 in both)
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Something does seem off. I found it hilarious that in the event designed to showcase the shiny new toon, he died immediately in the opening salvo while the rest of my team still had at least half protection.

OP: do you have an swgoh.gg to link?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Just go all sith under a traya lead. Clicked auto
  • I first timed it with my gear 10/11 empire team. Sure other squads could be used too. My tfp and emperor palp got smoked but my tarkin vader and thrawn were able to clear up the rest with a mix of tm removal culling blade and fracture
  • I’m the same. Apparently if you don’t have a solid OR team you probably need G12 toons and a good solid stun or retribution team

I’m only G10 so this one isn’t going my way
  • I used my Resistance team under Rey’s leadership and cleared at 3 stars
  • Agree this is a very difficult tier...

Seems to me there is a bug/glitch though:

Bonus tier text last section - "Raider attacks are more effective against enemies suffering from Armor Shred. Only the Raider Marshal can apply Armor Shred in this mission.

At beginning of combat, Carth goes first, then all 5 Raiders go. When the 2 Raider Rally Masters use their "Air Strike" AoE, they are applying Armor Shred which according to above text should only be applied by the Raider Marshal

Can anyone else confirm this is happening to them as well?

I was able to complete with EP, Vader, Sion, Thrawn, and Nihilus on 2nd attempt even with this possible bug.
  • Frickles wrote: »
    Agree this is a very difficult tier...

Seems to me there is a bug/glitch though:

Bonus tier text last section - "Raider attacks are more effective against enemies suffering from Armor Shred. Only the Raider Marshal can apply Armor Shred in this mission.

At beginning of combat, Carth goes first, then all 5 Raiders go. When the 2 Raider Rally Masters use their "Air Strike" AoE, they are applying Armor Shred which according to above text should only be applied by the Raider Marshal

Can anyone else confirm this is happening to them as well?

I was able to complete with EP, Vader, Sion, Thrawn, and Nihilus on 2nd attempt even with this possible bug.

Yes,it also happened to me
    Then,before triying one more time i read the description again and i was like :neutral:
  • Average g11 imperial troopers (starck g10, death g12, veers, snow, shore g11) auto’d it first time.
  • My Resistance team got smoked from the AoE attacks pretty quickly.
    But my Palp led team had no problem beating it.
    But it is the hardest bonus tier I've ever encountered...
  • After reading some ppl saying they couldn't beat this bonus tier, I went back and used all 5 attempts using different teams and never had any trouble. I used cls rebel team, Palp sith team, nightsister team, bounty hunter team and bast jedi team and all of those teams auto beat this tier with ease so not sure how anybody that has a decent team can't beat this
  • While I agree that this tier is much harder than normal, I completed it 4 times using these different squads...

6j9p4wcl4a7k.png

I didn't take a pic of my first attempt with my BH squad, but Carth died during the initial enemy attack.

Here are screen shots just before my final blow in my 2nd & 3rd battles. My 4th battle, using my NS, Carth died but Daka revived him, however I didn't get a screen shot before the final blow.

oorlt629lens.png

fxcv195p5xfd.png

So it can be done, but it takes a great squad.
  • Just go all sith under a traya lead. Clicked auto

OP is obviously a newer player if he 'needs' two health mods and 1 omega. 'Use Treya' is about as helpful as 'Use Revan and auto' to a new player.

Using any auto-taunting tank, along with either a reviver like Old Daka or Hoth han, then high DPS like Danger Zone (Biggs+Wedge) should give you enough DPS to get there with good RNG.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Just go all sith under a traya lead. Clicked auto

OP is obviously a newer player if he 'needs' two health mods and 1 omega. 'Use Treya' is about as helpful as 'Use Revan and auto' to a new player.

Using any auto-taunting tank, along with either a reviver like Old Daka or Hoth han, then high DPS like Danger Zone (Biggs+Wedge) should give you enough DPS to get there with good RNG.

Can you please stop trying to be helpfull, it gets in the way of me bragging how easily i defeated the bonus tier. ;)
  • Cleared it first try with QiRa, Raid Han, Zaalbar, Vandor, and L3 (all G12 and zeta). Carth actually never died in my run, thanks to Zaalbars auto taunt and counters+ assists (he did come to one shot from death though)
  • I used cls han chewy thrawn wampa. Easy clear on full auto. The counters from cls lead eats em up in less than a min or so.
  • I am a newer player and i can use extra omega, rewards don’t justify event difficulty esp compared to previous one.
  • Shadowscream
    968 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Phoenix should do it...which newer players have...BRB, going to try it —> NOPE!!!

Ok....it’s way too hard for beginners. (I cleared it with G12 Bastila Jedi on auto)

I just tried it with my Phoenix team
    Hera G9, Zeb G8, Kanan G11.5, zEzra G12 and Chopper G10.5
    Full Omegas, +100 speed average.
    I killed 3 adds, then one AOE killed everyone except Ezra.....

(p.s. I’d love to try this in a week or two when I’ve got all my Phoenix to G11+, for fleet)
  • Phoenix should do it...which newer players have...BRB, going to try it.

Not a chance, have decent Phoenix (for newer player)
    Yes they hang, yes they can take out a few of the boss’s buddies but not more.

Only thing can try is to load up on potency for Zeb and tenacity for everyone but for such rewards too much work
  • ColtIce666
    43 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Bastila lead Jedi arena team zbast(L) g11 zgmy g12 zezra g11 old Ben g11 QGJ g11 autoed it 1st try
    Edit to say all survived including Carth but his health was in the yellow right off the bat but he held on
    Post edited by ColtIce666 on
  • 7* Bossk lead BH team, most toons of which are g10. Carth got annihilated straight away, but once I got the contracts it was easy enough.