Where can I find the december 2018 calendar?

Replies

  • Rojas wrote: »
    create angst among the community
    doesn't create angst for anyone in my guild and others on discord, it creates angst to only a selected few

    It's more about creating an expectation and failing to deliver, you're right regarding some won't be bothered but newer/different stages of accounts require planning of farms. This just leaves the door open to frustration.
  • Give them some slack. It's not like they could have predicted the last working day of the month ahead of time. Or could they? 🤔
  • Ugnaught
    470 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Mike74f wrote: »
    This is the best part of checking the forums at the end of the month every one asking bout the calendar for next month lol

    Or everyone asking about the road ahead or a character release based on the cadence. They are so bad at their jobs to always have everything be either late or at the last minute. It makes it entertaining to watch the forums.
  • It's more about creating an expectation and failing to deliver, you're right regarding some won't be bothered but newer/different stages of accounts require planning of farms. This just leaves the door open to frustration.
    CG creating expectation is not the same as the user base fabricating expectation.
  • Monel
    1082 posts Member
    Probably coming a month and a half late, so Valentine's day
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    It's more about creating an expectation and failing to deliver, you're right regarding some won't be bothered but newer/different stages of accounts require planning of farms. This just leaves the door open to frustration.
    CG creating expectation is not the same as the user base fabricating expectation.

    Sure
  • jfears2 wrote: »
    Sarcasm is a wonderful tool isn’t it, I probably should have prefaced it with a huge THIS IS SARCASM title, but I digress.

    I’ve been a lurker for the better half of 2 years, so I know how this works, people gripe for the calendar and then flip there shi.. tables? Yeah that will work; when they post on some other website before the forums... I mean it is soooo hard to click that other link to a different website... oh wait THAT WAS SARCASM. Ok, now we’re good :smile:

    WDE

    Let's just hope CG and EA NEVER become as incompetent as the Auburn Athletic Department.
  • They are cutting it close. Something special coming maybe?
  • Seriously where is it?
  • TVF
    12131 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    It's more about creating an expectation and failing to deliver, you're right regarding some won't be bothered but newer/different stages of accounts require planning of farms. This just leaves the door open to frustration.
    CG creating expectation is not the same as the user base fabricating expectation.

    I think in this case they created expectations by posting the calendar several days before the end of the month in the past. Recently it's been getting later and later until we get to where we are today and it's not even showing up on the last day of the month.

    To be clear, I don't care. The calendar doesn't really tell me anything I need to know. But this is a case where CG created the expectation, and I get why people are annoyed. Same thing with the Road Ahead.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    2910 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    TVF wrote: »
    To be clear, I don't care. The calendar doesn't really tell me anything I need to know. But this is a case where CG created the expectation, and I get why people are annoyed. Same thing with the Road Ahead.
    I think December's calendar will be interesting because I don't think Grand Arena is something that will run daily. Given how its like a TW format but takes several days (3 rounds 24 hours each)

    Will it be bi-monthly? Will it run after TB? After TW 1 and replace TW 2? Will we have less TB?

  • TVF
    12131 posts Member
    When it's interesting, they don't put it in the calendar. ;)
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I think in this case they created expectations by posting the calendar several days before the end of the month in the past. Recently it's been getting later and later until we get to where we are today and it's not even showing up on the last day of the month.

    To be clear, I don't care. The calendar doesn't really tell me anything I need to know. But this is a case where CG created the expectation, and I get why people are annoyed. Same thing with the Road Ahead.
    The last road ahead being so late, I can understand. But the calendar is late in the previous month, and sometimes it's early the following month.

    Saying the last couple have been before the end of the month, therefore CG has created an expectation that future calendars will also be released before the end of the month is pretty dopey. That expectation isn't coming from CG. It's coming from the playerbase misinterpreting trends. It would be just as silly to say, "Well, this month we got three Old Republic units, so clearly next month we're going to get three Old Republic units." You can draw that conclusion if you want, but CG never made that commitment, and if you're wrong, it says more about you than CG.
  • Still nothing?
  • I absolutely love the fact that instead of posting the event calendar on the last day of the month and on a Friday before the weekend, we got to see something much more important, and totally awesome (if I do say so myself), Crumb's new profile picture...

    vcp4d43ravgi.png
  • Robert
    148 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I think in this case they created expectations by posting the calendar several days before the end of the month in the past. Recently it's been getting later and later until we get to where we are today and it's not even showing up on the last day of the month.

    To be clear, I don't care. The calendar doesn't really tell me anything I need to know. But this is a case where CG created the expectation, and I get why people are annoyed. Same thing with the Road Ahead.
    The last road ahead being so late, I can understand. But the calendar is late in the previous month, and sometimes it's early the following month.

    Saying the last couple have been before the end of the month, therefore CG has created an expectation that future calendars will also be released before the end of the month is pretty dopey. That expectation isn't coming from CG. It's coming from the playerbase misinterpreting trends. It would be just as silly to say, "Well, this month we got three Old Republic units, so clearly next month we're going to get three Old Republic units." You can draw that conclusion if you want, but CG never made that commitment, and if you're wrong, it says more about you than CG.

    I disagree. You are comparing apples to oranges. The fact that they can’t get out a monthly calendar at the same time each month is kind of sad. I would compare it to a monthly department budget. Someone should be given the responsibility to get it done. It’s such an easy fix and it would increase customer satisfaction. It seems to me there is a lack of accountability in the mobile game industry. I’d guess because there is more than enough money coming in and the financial impact of something like this doesn’t matter to them.
  • I would love to think there's a good reason for it coming late. But after the whole road ahead mistake it really just continues to look like irresponsibility. These things could easily be done ahead of time. If they wanted to out in surprise things, they totally could do that later. But knowing assault battles, Omega battles and recurring legendary events should are not last minute decisions.
  • 3pourr2
    1834 posts Member
    I would love to think there's a good reason for it coming late. But after the whole road ahead mistake it really just continues to look like irresponsibility. These things could easily be done ahead of time. If they wanted to out in surprise things, they totally could do that later. But knowing assault battles, Omega battles and recurring legendary events should are not last minute decisions.

    They are sick,writing a new one and waiting for approval....
  • Why are people surprised that the calendar isn’t here before December?
  • Why are people surprised that the calendar isn’t here before December?

    Well it's now December, and still no calendar?
  • Ok just let us know if chewbacca is in December or not then
  • TVF
    12131 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I think in this case they created expectations by posting the calendar several days before the end of the month in the past. Recently it's been getting later and later until we get to where we are today and it's not even showing up on the last day of the month.

    To be clear, I don't care. The calendar doesn't really tell me anything I need to know. But this is a case where CG created the expectation, and I get why people are annoyed. Same thing with the Road Ahead.
    The last road ahead being so late, I can understand. But the calendar is late in the previous month, and sometimes it's early the following month.

    Saying the last couple have been before the end of the month, therefore CG has created an expectation that future calendars will also be released before the end of the month is pretty dopey. That expectation isn't coming from CG. It's coming from the playerbase misinterpreting trends. It would be just as silly to say, "Well, this month we got three Old Republic units, so clearly next month we're going to get three Old Republic units." You can draw that conclusion if you want, but CG never made that commitment, and if you're wrong, it says more about you than CG.

    Lol ok.

    It's not been "the last couple." It's been month after month after month. Up until a few months ago. Which by the way is what I said, not what you said I said.

    But hey if you want to take shots at me, call me dopey, say this says bad things about me, go for it. Let me know how it works out for you.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    12131 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    December - 12/1 (at best)
    November - 10/31
    October - 10/1
    September - 8/30
    August - 7/31
    July - 6/27
    June - 5/29
    May - 4/27
    April - 3/28
    March - 2/27
    Feb - 1/28
    Jan - 12/20

    Seeing a pattern yet?
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • 3pourr2
    1834 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    December - 12/1 (at best)
    November - 10/31
    October - 10/1
    September - 8/30
    August - 7/31
    July - 6/27
    June - 5/29
    May - 4/27
    April - 3/28
    March - 2/27
    Feb - 1/28
    Jan - 12/20

    Seeing a pattern yet?

    April May and September are all weekend dated
  • TVF
    12131 posts Member
    Jan March April May June July all came before the last day of the month. That's six of the first seven months of the year, and the only outlier was a short month. That's the pattern. That's why there was an expectation set up.

    Again, to be crystal clear, I don't care. The calendar doesn't matter much. But I don't like when people misrepresent what I said.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I like to see the calendar. It affects what I gear. There's no reason to not be ready to release it before the end of the month. Next thing you know they'll release it 2 weeks in.

    Really though, this was likely about the tease yesterday. They didn't want to give us a few extra days to farm probable toons so they held the calendar. It got figured out faster than they expected so now we just sit and wait while the enjoy their weekend. Personally I think they should have released the cypher Wednesday so they could get the calendar out.
  • Robert wrote: »
    I disagree. You are comparing apples to oranges. The fact that they can’t get out a monthly calendar at the same time each month is kind of sad. I would compare it to a monthly department budget. Someone should be given the responsibility to get it done. It’s such an easy fix and it would increase customer satisfaction. It seems to me there is a lack of accountability in the mobile game industry. I’d guess because there is more than enough money coming in and the financial impact of something like this doesn’t matter to them.
    A monthly budget is an operational necessity.

    The calendar is a minor convenience.
  • papy72 wrote: »
    Why are people surprised that the calendar isn’t here before December?

    Well it's now December, and still no calendar?

    It will come out next august
  • Obi1_son wrote: »
    papy72 wrote: »
    Why are people surprised that the calendar isn’t here before December?

    Well it's now December, and still no calendar?

    It will come out next august

    Some jokes never get old. Unfortunately this isn't one of them.
  • Still not here
    "When life gives you lemons, throw them at someone"
Sign In or Register to comment.