GW Fix

So, regarding the GW fix, will there be any type of accommodation to those of us who have lived through the issues?

We have lost numerous days towards simming, and many, many gw shard purchases.

I don't need details, just something to get my rewards. Because it ****. For a long time. 😀

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Most likely not, at least not that they have hinted at to us.
  • It was only broken for two months. I don't really see them doing any kind of compensation especially in the randomness of the bug. Sometimes I could get thru the bug if it was early enough(seemed to scale based on battle number) and some days the bug never popped up.
  • NoomiZ wrote: »
    The accomadation you get is the result that GW has been toned down again. Teaches us that whining about a subject apparently does make things happen here. Be happy they did something about a bug that was not a bug.

Whining did nothing. Documenting with evidence and data is what caused them to look into the issue. People have been whining about GW since it began. But those whines were never about the raw power of the squads that were provided by the algorithm. It was about synergy, meta teams, zetas, or other OP character kit issues. Nothing was changed in GW regarding anything but the raw statistical power of the team involved. To the GW algorithm, Clone Wars Chewbacca at 20K GP is pretty much the same as Revan at 20K GP.

Now, if you are supposed to be facing a team with 40Kish power on the selected battle, you won't be facing a team with 80K GP.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    They have altered the deal, pray they don't alter it any further.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
    The accomadation you get is the result that GW has been toned down again. Teaches us that whining about a subject apparently does make things happen here. Be happy they did something about a bug that was not a bug.

I've been simming GW for a long time now and have no way of validating the claims put forth on the forums over the last two months regarding GW difficulty. With that said, enough evidence had been put forward to make it clear that there was an issue and this was not mere whining.
  • AOHNH
    43 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    NoomiZ wrote: »
    So, is this the type that I see others often reference to as "spoken like a true whale"?

Why are you so upset about devs fixing a bug that was frustrating many other players? Because you can sim and we can't?
    AOHNH wrote: »
    So, is this the type that I see others often reference to as "spoken like a true whale"?

Why are you so upset about devs fixing a bug that was frustrating many other players? Because you can sim and we can't?

1. I am not a whale, I am a very small Dolphin at best.
    2. I had trouble with GW as well. Not now but a year ago. Same stuff. Crap matchups. But when I changed my strategy of handling GW, I got GW done from 17 completions to 150 in a few months with not completing it maybe 2 or 3 times. This is advice I have been giving in a lot of threads.
    3. I firmly believe that there was no bug to begin with, but simply because there was so much uproar on this forum they decided to alter it.

You can believe whatever you want, the evidence presented says otherwise though. The challenge on nodes 2 and 3 seen recently we're well above the challenge I experienced.
  • 6000 galactic war tokens and 1.5 million credits.

It is literally nothing to them, is only 5 GWs worth of tokens and 2 GWs worth of credits but it would be something.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    3. I firmly believe that there was no bug to begin with, but simply because there was so much uproar on this forum they decided to alter it.

It was officially announced, that a bug was found. They didn't change the design/algorithm for match—making. They corrected a bug.

2. I had trouble with GW as well. Not now but a year ago. Same stuff. Crap matchups. But when I changed my strategy of handling GW, I got GW done from 17 completions to 150 in a few months with not completing it maybe 2 or 3 times. This is advice I have been giving in a lot of threads.

I've been playing for 3 years on one account, and just recently started a new one. I can also validate their claims of GW issues. I haven't complained about it, but it's definitely there. I totally agree that with some strategy and multiple teams you can get through GW pretty easily (at least from prior experience). However, I saw just the other day a 5 zeta, all G12 team. I could throw my whole inventory of characters at that and never win. I'm only level 77.

Glad it's being addressed. I don't think people DESERVE to beat GW every day, but it's nice to at least have a chance.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Hakoda wrote: »

I can also validate their claims of GW issues. I haven't complained about it, but it's definitely there. I totally agree that with some strategy and multiple teams you can get through GW pretty easily (at least from prior experience). However, I saw just the other day a 5 zeta, all G12 team. I could throw my whole inventory of characters at that and never win. I'm only level 77.

Glad it's being addressed.

It's supposed to have been solved in an update last week. Are you still experiencing the buggy behaviour after the update? Then I'd suggest that you document it and report it.

• BucMan55
    246 posts Member
    edited December 2018

2. What a coincidence. I had the same issue with GW but figured it out in the 50s and was able to get them done regularly. If I lost, it was to a synergistic team I didn't have the capability to defeat. Never to a 2:1 disparity in raw power.

3. Apparently there are still people who believe the earth is flat.