Isn’t time for a new capital ship?

Prev1
We’ve had marquees(chars and ships), legendaries and hero’s journeys, but no new capital ships. With so many possibilities, I think that we are past due for one. Everyone is expecting OT falcon, which will be nice, but there needs to be some more diversity in capital ships.

Replies

• Negative its time for light side capital commanders to get their zetas.
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    Negative its time for light side capital commanders to get their zetas.

That doesn’t solve the diversity issue, and we all know they are not going to do a rework when they can monitize a new ship. Trying to be realistic here. I would love a Mace or GG rework (along with his cap ship).
  • Them CIS mini death stars with a ring around them for nute gunray would be cool. But the devs have chosen not to celebrate the clone wars era so I doubt it will come. Maybe a FO star destroyer?
  • 1000% agree, diversity and added synergy is sorely needed. The current capital ship lineups basically remind me of the days when we had arena teams with little to no faction synergy (Dooku lead, Sidious lead, Luminara, etc). They kind of painted themselves into the corner with the way they initially rolled the capital ships out. If they want to add a non-legendary capital ship to the game, how would they release the shards? The daily challenge with 3 rotating days wouldn't really lend itself to a fourth or fifth or sixth (I guess they could do one a day but at #8, then what?), and eff the idea of getting a new ship at 10 shards a month for 33 months. Either a new capital ship has to be a legendary or a marquee capital ship, which would be unprecedented big time and kind of strange. I guess a marquee could work but capital ships seem too "big" of an addition to the game for just another marquee. Idk, I just think they need to come up with a good method of rolling out the character outside of a legendary event before they put new capitals out. Hopefully we can get some soon!
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I'd rather Mace be useable then a new capital ship to put him lower on the ladder then he already is
    Them CIS mini death stars with a ring around them for nute gunray would be cool. But the devs have chosen not to celebrate the clone wars era so I doubt it will come. Maybe a FO star destroyer?
    A Lucrehulk
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    Negative its time for light side capital commanders to get their zetas.

Yes to an Ackbar zeta! If an Ackbar squad were arena viable for just one week, it would be the happiest week of my life.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Them CIS mini death stars with a ring around them for nute gunray would be cool. But the devs have chosen not to celebrate the clone wars era so I doubt it will come. Maybe a FO star destroyer?

I'd love to see a First Order star destroyer with General Hux as its commander.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    The time for a new capital ship was months ago. I seriously don't understand why are we still limited to the four, but I guess I should be glad that they added something beyond the original three.
    A Lucrehulk for Nute was actually datamined shortly after the ships went live, don't know why it got scrapped. Plus, we need a FO and Res capitals to cover at least the main factions, and Hondo's flying saucer would be a nice finish to the chain of BH ships. The Ravager for Nihilus is a dream of mine, but I am slowly giving up the hope of it ever coming true.
  • Them CIS mini death stars with a ring around them for nute gunray would be cool. But the devs have chosen not to celebrate the clone wars era so I doubt it will come. Maybe a FO star destroyer?

I agree the Saak’ak would be cool.
  • There needs to be more ships in general. Currently thee are enough to fill all four 7* Capital Ships bays. A new capital ship would require seven more fighters and a counter commander.

We have two Imperial Star Destroyers a Rebel counter and a Republic Era Star Destroyer. GG as a commander with his ship and droid fighters is a no brainer. FO could get Hux and their Star Destroyer. Obvious light side would be Admiral Raddus’ Rogue One Mon Cal Command ship since Akbar is already tied to Home One and can’t command the Raddus from the new Star Wars movies.

The ship and commander everyone wants to see is Admiral Piett and the Executor, Captain Needa and the Avenger, and a litany of Imperial, Rebel, FO, Sepratist, Pirate/Bounty Hunter fighters, to fill the bays and offer more choices for Ships in general.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    3 Resistance ships = need 2 more for a thrawn rollout to get FO capital ?

4 FO ships = 1 FO ship needed to get thrawn rolled out Resistance Capital

3 Seperatists = probably nothing we already have mace... I think Genos were just a money push and will never see anything else from them except marquees maybe droid ships or something... but yeah nothing will happen.

7 Galactic republic ships = we have enough for a thrawn rollout Seperatist event (hopefully any 5 will do with anakin being there). I guess we all expected this already for a nute or GG ship....so who knows what they are thinking there.

Rebels = Already did the thrawn rollout

Empire = 4 ships would need one more for a thrawn like rollout but instead of opposites maybe just another empire capital although I highly doubt it.... But I do see empire getting some new marquees with this "original Trilogy promised stuff" Again who knows. Tarkin and empire ships already hit hard and fast...Tarkin owns meta right now thrawn behind but it's definitely empire meta with bounty hunters.

Scoundrels/Bounty hunters 4 total so one more would be needed for "whatever" Not sure what a scoundrel capital ship would be some kinda pirate ship... I do wish we could get talon karrde and the Wild Karrde but will never happen which sucks.... If THEY DO decide to do something here there is money to be made as Bounty hunters already making up most of the meta these days 2 ships not even f2p farmable yet and another marquee release for the legendary or capital ship is actually the most likely event in the future....NOT lookign forward to this...

Sith 4 sith ships right now one not farmable f2p ANOTHER MOST LIKELY for the near future...will it be a revan or some Old Republic new character with an OP capital ship or a legendary sith ship who knows but again this is another faction ripe for panic farm or whales to grab up to get the new OP doom ship.

In my opinion with posts dating months ago I already thought we would have a seperatist capital with a thrawn like rollout using Galactic Republic ships but this now appears to be dead for a while. Your next capital ships or legendary ships will revolve around Scoundrel/Bounty hunters or Sith With the KOTOR or Original Trilogy content they said is coming.

So No First Order, Resistance, Seperatist, Galactic Republic, Capitals coming any time soon unless they surprise us with the Seperatist stuff.

As F2P your in trouble Sith fighter is probably the choke point as people farming batista and nest so without a fortune $$$$ F2P not farming sith fighter and if bomber, IG88 or Cads ships go to ship table almost all F2P are going to be DEAD in the water as far as legendary or Capital Ship content that will be coming our way...

Recently the Whales Stormed ships with the new mega ships and the future looks even more bleak as ALL the new OP stuff that looks to be coming to ships will all be locked behind impossible farms (impossible in terms of do you want to get revan or nest or whatever...just impossible decision stuff)

I love ships but future not looking good for anyone not dumping 300 on new releases....

But new content is content so BRING IT ON I guess :)
  • I’ve been saying it for ages... ships has been a thing since December of 2016, and we’ve gotten a grand total of 1 new capital ship since it started. We’ve needed diversity in ships for almost two years now, and it seems that we’re as close to getting a new capital ship now as we were when ships first launched.
  • Georgemi6 wrote: »
    I’ve been saying it for ages... ships has been a thing since December of 2016, and we’ve gotten a grand total of 1 new capital ship since it started. We’ve needed diversity in ships for almost two years now, and it seems that we’re as close to getting a new capital ship now as we were when ships first launched.

If they "Sell" it, it will have to be sooooooo OP or they won't buy it and Ships get's destroyed balance gone but whales and CG bottom line is good so it's a possibility

If they "legendary" it they will make their bank and the ship balance will be destroyed for anyone who did not whale the marquees but they will make $$$ and the people who are important will be happy.

If they do it like Thrawn they don't have to make it OP just find a way to balance it with the other 3 (mace don't count lol) so some want to use it and some don't... Ships get's more diversity and options which would make EVERYONE happy but there would be ZERO money in it unless they make the challenge like chewbacca then they would get some good money from people buying gear for their pilots

But they won't do that it will be the "Sell" or "panic farm"

Like I said it is what it is, but I wish to heck that they would get off their butts roll in a massive ship release and start the darn ship raid.... WE WANT A SHIP RAID
  • General hux and his capital ship
  • Zombie961 wrote: »
    I'd rather Mace be useable then a new capital ship to put him lower on the ladder then he already is
    A Lucrehulk

FYI, Mace is the new Meta on advanced shards.
  • Zombie961 wrote: »
    A Lucrehulk

Not in my shard. Not one Mace. And I have some dandy whales in my shard. Tired of the little ship, bring a cap ship. Saw some mock ups of malevolence and a admiral trench ship that looked super cool on Facebook, wish those came to the game.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    A Lucrehulk

Not in my shard. Not one Mace. And I have some dandy whales in my shard. Tired of the little ship, bring a cap ship. Saw some mock ups of malevolence and a admiral trench ship that looked super cool on Facebook, wish those came to the game.

People probably just don’t have it developed enough. Mace and Hounds Tooth is a deadly combination. As soon as 1 person figures it out on your shard you will see it get copied. I’m on one of the toughest ship shards in the game and the Mace ships are increasing every week.
    A Lucrehulk

People probably just don’t have it developed enough. Mace and Hounds Tooth is a deadly combination. As soon as 1 person figures it out on your shard you will see it get copied. I’m on one of the toughest ship shards in the game and the Mace ships are increasing every week.

Toughest ship shard? Source? I’m a launch player, so I’m not sure how you rate shards against each other. Why would your be harder or easier then mine?
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    A Lucrehulk

Toughest ship shard? Source? I’m a launch player, so I’m not sure how you rate shards against each other. Why would your be harder or easier then mine?

I don’t know about yours specifically, but when ships were launched they somehow screwed up how they distributed the shard servers (or did it on purpose to get whales to spend against each other...). Ours is ridiculously active with lots of whales. I have better ships than most people I know who started playing at the same time on different ship shards, yet I fall much lower. We literally have 7* HT outside the top 50 at times. Until I switched to Mace, my 400k+ GP fleet with 6* HT + bugs fell to 50 on an average day. It dropped past 70 multiple times. And I’m in the shard chat.
  • I agree. We need a few more capital ships, along with a lot more starfighters, and hopefully by then capital ships can be used to make a Ships Raid or Ships GW equivalent.

Using just starfighters, and no capital ship for the player, fight capital ships the same way current Toons fight the AAT in the AAT Raid Phase 2 and 4.

Preferably Rebels, Empire, Separatists, Galactic Republic, Resistance, and First Order (in any order) before getting other factions or neutral factions.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Interesting idea for capital ships--maybe roll them out as guild event token rewards? We're starting to get to the point where people have both Hoda and Wampa 7*, so in conjunction with a new TB map (clone wars, please!) we could add in a new pair of capital ships.
    Or, we could have some completely new type of event with capital ships as the reward.
    Or, they could be added to the Fleet Store for people to buy. This would make more sense for ships that had marquee pilots, so CG could still profit off them.
    Or, they could be the reward for a ship raid. I'm actually not a fan of this one, since the one that would make the most sense would be the Executor as a reward for a Death Star raid (RotJ), and really, do we need a third Empire capital with no other DS factions?
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    A Lucrehulk

I don’t know about yours specifically, but when ships were launched they somehow screwed up how they distributed the shard servers (or did it on purpose to get whales to spend against each other...). Ours is ridiculously active with lots of whales. I have better ships than most people I know who started playing at the same time on different ship shards, yet I fall much lower. We literally have 7* HT outside the top 50 at times. Until I switched to Mace, my 400k+ GP fleet with 6* HT + bugs fell to 50 on an average day. It dropped past 70 multiple times. And I’m in the shard chat.

1) I thought they fixed that and rearranged you guys

2) There is no "hardest shard" only 30 some odd ships

When they are maxxed and the toons are maxxed there's no mods any ship shard been out over a year is going to just have walls of maxxed ships...

You might have to refresh more than anyone else cause of the activity level...but the ship battles are in no way "tougher" on your shard than anyone elses that's not new
  • For the record I want more capital ships...

I would also point out that new capitals are probably gonna be hard to get....OP as heck and most likely will cause a lot of people some grief for a few months until the peasants are allowed to use it...

(I was hoping for capitals to keep being released like thrawn was...but I don't think it will)

I love ships want more ships..... but I know there is going to be a lot of grief when the new ones hit.
  • Do you still have to learn the pattern? Just wait for Anakin's fighter to be farmable, then a couple of days and you'll get your capital. With 7 stars Anakin needed.
  • dimi4a wrote: »
    The Seps Cap Ship is long overdue!

AGREED!
  • They were going to release the Malevolence but someone leaked it, so it got delayed. :(
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Ct214476 wrote: »
    They were going to release the Malevolence but someone leaked it, so it got delayed. :(

meh I don't believe that for a second