Ideeas on how to find somebody not respecting raid times?

Replies

  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    What a stupid rule... Why the heck would you do that to all the guild members?
    Just set the 24hr join timer and let everyone FFA once the raid opens.

    Another vote for this..... Your current rules are needlessly complicated....

    You say your guild is like a family, would you plan a family meal that involved only eating 3/4 of a meal and putting the rest in the fridge for the next day?.... weird

    becauce otherwise the kids would never get a dessert, when the family finally gets to it, it would be past their bed time already.
  • newbornFL wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Kaziglubey wrote: »
    Don't put in weird hold times and then it an issue?

    This.

    You guys must be very advanced level.

    We can't finish p3 untill 23h30 so p4 starts very late ,many players are asleep. Contrary to belief,many of our players are people with lives,and jobs.


    Many people don't want to stay in the bottom of the leaderboards so we do this to allow **everyone** to attack.


    P1-P2-P3 takes around 4-5 hours **intentionately** so everyone can attack.

    Otherwise we can just finish the raid in 45 mins.

    We are like a family and we look for each other,don't know in what guilds you guys are but it doesn't sound fun at all.

    Everyone can train and master the raid phases. Train for p4 ,change mods and see damage difference,we have lots of guys that do this but they do it so they can get better.


    Your guilds seem to be very selfish in many ways. We are not like that.

    This being said ,there are always a few black sheep.

    Well you can host 2 different raid start times to accommodate time zones. Occasionally we will start raids early for our Eastcoasters and so forth.
  • If you have a officer taking screen shots every 2min while phase 3 is live... They can see when phase 4 takes 20% damage... If they got a screenshot prior and after that happens, who should be have a suspect. Very hard to prove it was a specific person however.

    Easier just to use the 24 hr join option... and make the raid damage period "no rules". To be fair to everyone you have have the damage period start at different times of the day. Or you can pick one time ask anyone for whom that time is bad for look for a better fitting guild.
  • HolyHandGrenade
    20 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Be glad your guild can complete Heroic Sith. It's a dumb rule.

    [EA_Lanna: edited out bait/rudeness per the rules]
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • newbornFL
    479 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Stupid rule? The MEMBERS voted for it,because otherwise they wouldn't be able to finish the raid at the proper times.

    Originally we had it in one go but when the P3 started late(23h30) and p4 was finished it was already past midnight .

    And they wanted to spread it out in 2 days. We don't do anything without our entire guild knowing.


    'Avoiding our guild like a plague'

    What an schmuck , you don't even know my guild , we are currently on our 9th consecutive TW win and we are progressing like never before.


    I'm complaining about the huge lack of quality of life content for guild officers and leaders,but they have no problem with adding more money milking content.


    These forums are a toxic wasteland
  • Waqui
    8571 posts Member
    newbornFL wrote: »
    We are like a family and we look for each other,don't know in what guilds you guys are but it doesn't sound fun at all.

    [...]

    Your guilds seem to be very selfish in many ways. We are not like that.

    Why not simply ask in guild—chat? Your guild mates should have no problem coming forth, if they made a mistake. Mistakes happen and can be forgiven.

  • newbornFL
    479 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    You don't think we did? Coming here was the last thing i thought I must ask the devs directly why
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    newbornFL wrote: »
    Stupid rule? The MEMBERS voted for it,because otherwise they wouldn't be able to finish the raid at the proper times.

    Originally we had it in one go but when the P3 started late(23h30) and p4 was finished it was already past midnight .

    And they wanted to spread it out in 2 days. We don't do anything without our entire guild knowing.


    'Avoiding our guild like a plague'

    What an schmuck , you don't even know my guild , we are currently on our 9th consecutive TW win and we are progressing like never before.


    I'm complaining about the huge lack of quality of life content for guild officers and leaders,but they have no problem with adding more money milking content.

    Just ignore those people, wasted energy.
    however, it's only a temporary problem so i wouldn't consider it a huge lack of QoL for officers. I also don't see a way to resolve the issue youre having currently. What can ea/cg do to improve QoL for this?
  • newbornFL
    479 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Well for starters give us a sheet of each time a player registers damage on the Raid. with timestamps
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    seems rather complex for a temporary problem.
  • Waqui
    8571 posts Member
    newbornFL wrote: »
    Well for starters give us a sheet of each time a player registers damage on the Raid. with timestamps

    Developers have far more important things to work on. In a week or two, you will be able to finish the whole raid in one evening. If you are not, then consider starting an hour earlier.
  • Waqui
    8571 posts Member
    newbornFL wrote: »
    You don't think we did? Coming here was the last thing i thought I must ask the devs directly why

    It seems you're not the big happy family after all then. Not that it matters. It's all good.
  • newbornFL wrote: »
    Well for starters give us a sheet of each time a player registers damage on the Raid. with timestamps

    I already offered up an option for you to do. Once you put a pause on P3, screenshot damage totals for everyone. If someone hits P4 after that, then you know who the culprit was. That is "if" it happens again. Maybe it was a one time thing?

    There were times that my guild would put pauses on certain phases, but it was too confusing and we got stuck a couple times waiting for others to get in to do more damage. When it came to other raids, HPIT for example, we asked those who already had 7* Han to just post a zero so the rest of us could finish up Han. Once we had him 7* for all, we went back to FFA. Same for HAAT.

    Yep, we need more controls and stat abilities for officers of guilds. It really is a pain sometimes.
  • Jarvind
    3851 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I read the whole thread and I still don't understand why you can't just use the 24hr join time like you presumably do for Rancor and AAT. It eliminates the problem without the needlessly tedious solution of having somebody stake out the raid screen to watch for the perp.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png



  • scuba
    12836 posts Member
    newbornFL wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Kaziglubey wrote: »
    Don't put in weird hold times and then it an issue?

    This.

    You guys must be very advanced level.

    We can't finish p3 untill 23h30 so p4 starts very late ,many players are asleep. Contrary to belief,many of our players are people with lives,and jobs.


    Many people don't want to stay in the bottom of the leaderboards so we do this to allow **everyone** to attack.


    P1-P2-P3 takes around 4-5 hours **intentionately** so everyone can attack.

    Otherwise we can just finish the raid in 45 mins.

    We are like a family and we look for each other,don't know in what guilds you guys are but it doesn't sound fun at all.

    Everyone can train and master the raid phases. Train for p4 ,change mods and see damage difference,we have lots of guys that do this but they do it so they can get better.


    Your guilds seem to be very selfish in many ways. We are not like that.

    This being said ,there are always a few black sheep.

    Well as always you do you but .

    I love my guild and yeah we have people that can't always attack but trying to stop a raid mid attack just will never really work for the reason you are seeing, "people" will always have an excuse for attacking early. Prior to the join period Qol being added we tried same thing, just doesn't work espically as raids start to be destroyed with less teams.

    As always you do you but expect to keep seeing the same thing unless you are going to assign a raid monitor.

    Contray to your belief a guild is not being selfish by just opening a raid and just going at it, not sure how a guild of 50 can be selfish. Sadly it is the nature of the game and players that not everyone will be able to attack because yes Contray to your belief I know players have lives but it is improbable to set up a raid time to ensure all 50 can attack when less than half of that can clear it.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I read the whole thread and I still don't understand why you can't just use the 24hr join time like you presumably do for Rancor and AAT. It eliminates the problem without the needlessly tedious solution of having somebody stake out the raid screen to watch for the perp.

    This and if your favorite guild mate doesn’t have time to attack oh well maybe next and enjoy the rewards. Another possibility is to assume the one that attacked wont have time to attack the next day. One sided logic is a huge downfall.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I read the whole thread and I still don't understand why you can't just use the 24hr join time like you presumably do for Rancor and AAT. It eliminates the problem without the needlessly tedious solution of having somebody stake out the raid screen to watch for the perp.

    This and if your favorite guild mate doesn’t have time to attack oh well maybe next and enjoy the rewards. Another possibility is to assume the one that attacked wont have time to attack the next day. One sided logic is a huge downfall.

    The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Apparantly his guild voted and thinks this is most favourable for the majority of it's members.
    If raiding between 8pm and 11pm is most favourable for 80% of the guild's members, but they can't finish the entire raid in 3hours, why wouldn't you want to implement a rule that benefits 80% of the guild? P4 being cleared while most members are already asleep only benefits the select few that aren't. P4 being a phase in which you can do high dmg also means it influences ranking quite a bit.
    Sure, it still sucks if you've got time to play at midnight, but you don't at 8pm the next day. Unfortunately for that person it's the opposite for the majority of the guild's members, hence the rule.
    The rule basically only has upsides for the majority of this particular guild's members, so it seems rather silly to me to keep hating on the rule. Enforcing the rule is a different matter, which is why he made the post. Personally i don't feel like the benefits outweigh the effort for the officers, but if it was made easier to monitor scores and/or we had more management tools at our disposal it might.
    The reason why i'm trying to explain the benefits of such a rule, thus the potential need for more management tools, is because it might be very usefull for future raids. Having more options to manage a raid as each guild sees fit is not a bad thing, even if you end up not using it.
    I'm not a fan of the timestamp idea though, that just seems like wasted effort for the devs. The best i can come up with is being able to open/lock each phase, but i'm not yet convinced that's worth implementing for a temporary problem like this one.
  • Boov wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I read the whole thread and I still don't understand why you can't just use the 24hr join time like you presumably do for Rancor and AAT. It eliminates the problem without the needlessly tedious solution of having somebody stake out the raid screen to watch for the perp.

    This and if your favorite guild mate doesn’t have time to attack oh well maybe next and enjoy the rewards. Another possibility is to assume the one that attacked wont have time to attack the next day. One sided logic is a huge downfall.

    The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Apparantly his guild voted and thinks this is most favourable for the majority of it's members.
    If raiding between 8pm and 11pm is most favourable for 80% of the guild's members, but they can't finish the entire raid in 3hours, why wouldn't you want to implement a rule that benefits 80% of the guild? P4 being cleared while most members are already asleep only benefits the select few that aren't. P4 being a phase in which you can do high dmg also means it influences ranking quite a bit.
    Sure, it still sucks if you've got time to play at midnight, but you don't at 8pm the next day. Unfortunately for that person it's the opposite for the majority of the guild's members, hence the rule.
    The rule basically only has upsides for the majority of this particular guild's members, so it seems rather silly to me to keep hating on the rule. Enforcing the rule is a different matter, which is why he made the post. Personally i don't feel like the benefits outweigh the effort for the officers, but if it was made easier to monitor scores and/or we had more management tools at our disposal it might.
    The reason why i'm trying to explain the benefits of such a rule, thus the potential need for more management tools, is because it might be very usefull for future raids. Having more options to manage a raid as each guild sees fit is not a bad thing, even if you end up not using it.
    I'm not a fan of the timestamp idea though, that just seems like wasted effort for the devs. The best i can come up with is being able to open/lock each phase, but i'm not yet convinced that's worth implementing for a temporary problem like this one.

    Good luck filling your guild with players that all live life at your pace.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Boov wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I read the whole thread and I still don't understand why you can't just use the 24hr join time like you presumably do for Rancor and AAT. It eliminates the problem without the needlessly tedious solution of having somebody stake out the raid screen to watch for the perp.

    This and if your favorite guild mate doesn’t have time to attack oh well maybe next and enjoy the rewards. Another possibility is to assume the one that attacked wont have time to attack the next day. One sided logic is a huge downfall.

    The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Apparantly his guild voted and thinks this is most favourable for the majority of it's members.
    If raiding between 8pm and 11pm is most favourable for 80% of the guild's members, but they can't finish the entire raid in 3hours, why wouldn't you want to implement a rule that benefits 80% of the guild? P4 being cleared while most members are already asleep only benefits the select few that aren't. P4 being a phase in which you can do high dmg also means it influences ranking quite a bit.
    Sure, it still sucks if you've got time to play at midnight, but you don't at 8pm the next day. Unfortunately for that person it's the opposite for the majority of the guild's members, hence the rule.
    The rule basically only has upsides for the majority of this particular guild's members, so it seems rather silly to me to keep hating on the rule. Enforcing the rule is a different matter, which is why he made the post. Personally i don't feel like the benefits outweigh the effort for the officers, but if it was made easier to monitor scores and/or we had more management tools at our disposal it might.
    The reason why i'm trying to explain the benefits of such a rule, thus the potential need for more management tools, is because it might be very usefull for future raids. Having more options to manage a raid as each guild sees fit is not a bad thing, even if you end up not using it.
    I'm not a fan of the timestamp idea though, that just seems like wasted effort for the devs. The best i can come up with is being able to open/lock each phase, but i'm not yet convinced that's worth implementing for a temporary problem like this one.

    Good luck filling your guild with players that all live life at your pace.

    If you all live in the same timezone it's not that hard to find a time that's most suitable for the majority of the guild's members. Alot of players also join guilds with suitable raid times, which makes it even easier.
    Just out of curiousity, how long does it take your guild to clear the sith raid, and if it's less than 2 hours how many players register dmg on average (not a 0 score)?
  • Just use the 24 hour join timer and alternate raid start times. Keep it simple.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I'm sure glad I found a reasonable guild early on...
    the future of this game not looking too bright if these type of guild people have to be in. hours invested on when players did damage lol

  • Boov gets it.


    Here's the thing : nobody attacks the raid between p3 and p4 pause for the whole day(23h-21h next day)

    That isn't the problem,the members understand that there is a pause.

    The problem is at 21h (raid start) and 21h15 (raid damage allowed) ,between 21h00 and 21h15 there is no damage allowed to the p4 as to allow everyone late (people are still eating) to join in an do damage since p4 is most important phase that allows you to get into top 10.

    Problem is some people attacked between 21h and 21h15 and some people who wished to restart or joined late did so at the expense of lower score , thus meaning they would get an overall worse score and lowering their chances at top 10. ( 25% of the raid was done between 21h and 21h15)

    However this is rare to happen,but It is still annoying that the game doesn't give tools to monitor such things. Like real time damage output with time stamp.
  • joel42000 wrote: »
    Your rule is weird I have to say.

    The stop time rule isn't all that weird for guilds that have a significant number of international members. Our top alliance guild also breaks up raids to allow for people who live in different parts of the world to participate in at least a few phases. It's a worthwhile accommodation to make to avoid losing valuable players who may not be in optimal time zones.

    That said, policing stop times can be challenging if you don't want to take snapshots of people scores and your guild isn't 100% filled with mature adults.



  • I agree what a stupid rule.
  • Hi there
    We had just the same problem and to my knowledge, there is no way of detecting or preventing this.
    I totally understand you, its not about the damage, its about groupspirit and honesty.
    We had to do it the hard way: Take screenshots, its really a lot of work.
    Or you could just live with it and in a few months this will be not important anymore, since you (as a guild or even alone) will be able to solo the raids.....

    Cheers B
  • Waqui
    8571 posts Member
    joel42000 wrote: »
    Your rule is weird I have to say.

    The stop time rule isn't all that weird for guilds that have a significant number of international members. Our top alliance guild also breaks up raids to allow for people who live in different parts of the world to participate in at least a few phases. It's a worthwhile accommodation to make to avoid losing valuable players who may not be in optimal time zones.

    Since the 2 attack phases start at the same time of day, it won't help acommodate players from different time zones. It will rather favour the same players both days.

    (Yes, the guild chose the rule themselves. That's fine.)

  • Jaden
    162 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    newbornFL wrote: »
    Boov gets it.


    Here's the thing : nobody attacks the raid between p3 and p4 pause for the whole day(23h-21h next day)

    That isn't the problem,the members understand that there is a pause.

    The problem is at 21h (raid start) and 21h15 (raid damage allowed) ,between 21h00 and 21h15 there is no damage allowed to the p4 as to allow everyone late (people are still eating) to join in an do damage since p4 is most important phase that allows you to get into top 10.

    Problem is some people attacked between 21h and 21h15 and some people who wished to restart or joined late did so at the expense of lower score , thus meaning they would get an overall worse score and lowering their chances at top 10. ( 25% of the raid was done between 21h and 21h15)

    However this is rare to happen,but It is still annoying that the game doesn't give tools to monitor such things. Like real time damage output with time stamp.

    So we have still yet to see your response about why using the 24hr join timer isn’t an option? Your still so fixated on making this hold between p3 and p4 work that you have so far disregarded the many suggestions about using and alternating the 24hr join timer. Unless I missed your response somewhere?
  • newbornFL
    479 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    It is an option lol , we launch the raid a day before,24h wait time then we start.
    Doesn't really impact anything,0 loot is still rank 40-50 you ain't getting a lot with that.


    This is more about the lack of QOL in the game. We shouldn't be supposed to need to take screens and look at individual scores to detect such things!
  • Vendi1983
    4832 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    OP is wanting to allow as many people in the guild as possible to post high scores in P4 by restricting attacks on that phase until the majority of the guild is available.

    Still think it's overly complex and not necessary at all. If you want a higher score, be available when the raid is launched or your "best score" phase starts. If not, too bad.

    And as someone else pointed out already, your phase holds are at the same interval as raid launch, so you're only allowing the same people to attack again. It's not helping "international members" get attacks in. If it was a 12-hour hold then yes, because certain phases would open up at opposite times.
  • Bigbearxba
    250 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I don’t think CG is going to change up the raid leaderboards for a “problem” that is pretty unique to your guild. As most other guilds solve damage share issues in very, very different ways.

Sign In or Register to comment.