Is traya becoming a thing of past along with Hsith?

2smooth
572 posts Member
edited November 2018
With massive amounts of jedis and better toon revan out find it hard to believe Hsith will survive and the end to traya. What will motivate players to continue quest when they can take easier path run jedis farm revan and no longer have to worry about collecting enough players with knowledge and faithfulness to the dark side to run less popular more work less rewards traya lead team? I doubt collectors will keep traya alive as they would rather take 4 toons to g10 than upgrade one to g12 which would be needed to collect their last toon.

Replies

• Darth Revan will probably restore the Sith Triumvirate meta.
  • There will be more Sith and there will be more Jedi, Rebels and everything else. It's a big wheel cycling around and everything comes back at one point. Traya is one of the best Sith if not the best of all, she will stay relevant. Han Solo and General Kenobi are present till today, they have their places and so will Traya.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Revan+Jolee vs Revan+Jolee can time out.

Triumvirate+Thrawn+Fastilla wins 95% of the time and never times out.

Still relevant and with new dark side siths may swing the majority of the top 20 back to Sith
  • And as a source of g12 and (currently other than buying packs, the only source of g12+) gear the raid will remain a very real thing for the foreseeable future.

Will it become more of casual thing as (and this is already happening) power creep/new toons makes the raid easier, less RNG dependent, and ever more accessible to the “everyman” guild? Absolutely.

I’d also expect that for whatever and wheneverthe next raid may be, the developers will continue to ‘force’ gear and toon upgrades on the player base via the raid mechanics - and that isn’t a complaint, mind, just a fact of business, they have to find ways to keep the revenue stream flowing or the game will wither and die - I’m already expecting a Boss ability something along the lines of ‘shrouded in mystery - this character is immune to Expose and Death Mark’ to reduce the effectiveness of some of the teams we had to develop for this raid.

That means that they will have to make factions that are currently mostly unused in previous raids to be the most effective in the new raid, and there aren’t a whole lot left that people aren’t working on or widely have already developed, but Sith (expect some raid specific boost to the generics), Ewoks, Jawas, Droids, Scoundrels, Tuskens, First Order and maybe Clone Troopers (they had their niche moment in the early days of HAAT, but BB8 quickly rendered them obsolete, so there are probably more undeveloped than there are built and maxed) all immediately come to mind. Those last couple teams also dovetail nicely with The Clone Wars revival and the release of Episode 9 next year, which also makes sense from a marketing standpoint.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Depends on what level you’re playing on and if you think avant-garde, hype, and theory craft = meta.*

Territory Wars are a great place to show all prior squads have their role

*Edit: not to be confused with average/majority player base.
  • Like all characters, eventually she'll become less usefull.
    However, like others have said, you still want to do the raid for gear and she's still a force to be reckonned with in various game modes.
    On top of that, it seems like ea/cg are making a consious effort to keep raid reward characters aswell as legendary/heroes journey characters well above average in terms of usefullness via reworks and/or better synergy options. So i doubt she'll ever be a waste of resources, but at a certain point she'll most likely not be a character that you'll prioritize over everything else anymore. As a matter of fact, i would currently prioritize revan over traya given the choice, but i'd definately max them both.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Not just gear, but currency as well.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Over 40 raids, half of which have been in top 10 and I still can’t make one of the gear 12+ pieces.
  • Slightly over the top hyperbolic?
    Over 40 raids, half of which have been in top 10 and I still can’t make one of the gear 12+ pieces.

If you get top 10 7 times you are guaranteed to have enough component parts to make up a g12+ gear piece and that's a very low probability worst possible case scenario.

If you are getting 11th-20th the vanishingly small probability, worst case scenario is 30 raids.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/173286/g12-and-heroic-raid-reward-changes#latest
  • Yes. She has been extremely devalued.

She was not. A truly elite toon bacause ashe does not have a ship

Currently only valuable in TW. A solid liability in arena.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Yes. She has been extremely devalued.

She was not. A truly elite toon bacause ashe does not have a ship

She's still extremely valuable in arena.
    She's the 2nd best character for arena. Only revan is better at the moment, which she can defeat consistandly on offense.
    https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/1/
  • Traya? No way... Why do you think Revan had to be so OP?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

Lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH