Ideeas on how to find somebody not respecting raid times?

13Next

Replies

• Jaden
    162 posts Member
    newbornFL wrote: »
    It is an option lol , we launch the raid a day before,24h wait time then we start.
    Doesn't really impact anything,0 loot is still rank 40-50 you ain't getting a lot with that.

This is more about the lack of QOL in the game. We shouldn't be supposed to need to take screens and look at individual scores to detect such things!

How many are in your guild? It sounds like you have a full guild unless I’m mistaken which means SOMEONE has to be in the 40-50 right? How is holding between those phases allowing people to not be in the 40-50?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    It is an option lol , we launch the raid a day before,24h wait time then we start.
    Doesn't really impact anything,0 loot is still rank 40-50 you ain't getting a lot with that.

This is more about the lack of QOL in the game. We shouldn't be supposed to need to take screens and look at individual scores to detect such things!

Well you ain't getting a lot with rank 1-10 either.
  • Your somewhat convoluted guild rule violates the KISS principle: keep it simple, stupid.

Like many others have noted, there is a 24 hour join period. Yes, people have RL things to attend to, deal with, etc. And yes, this is 'just' a game. But you have the 24 hour join period option so everyone can at least get in on the action in some way, shape, or form. Your other option is to also move the start time of the raid if everyone else is sleeping when you guys finish p3 so they are not sleeping when you finish p3.

The best way to avoid headaches in this game is to KISS. :-)
  • Jaden
    162 posts Member
    Your somewhat convoluted guild rule violates the KISS principle: keep it simple, stupid.

Like many others have noted, there is a 24 hour join period. Yes, people have RL things to attend to, deal with, etc. And yes, this is 'just' a game. But you have the 24 hour join period option so everyone can at least get in on the action in some way, shape, or form. Your other option is to also move the start time of the raid if everyone else is sleeping when you guys finish p3 so they are not sleeping when you finish p3.

I’m still a little confused on what OP is actually trying to accomplish. Is he trying to make it so the same people don’t take top positions? Is he trying to make it so that everyone gets a chance to attack? Is he trying to avoid the same people getting bottom postions? Maybe it’s all 3 of those?

• No offence, but on the one hand you state that your guild is like a big family where everyone shows consideration for others, which is a great thing - but on the other hand, it still brought you into this situation where the "guilty person" does not just stand up and says, "hey it was my fault, sorry" (I'm not going to pass judgement on the efficiency of the rule itself.) In my guild, we are like family too, and if someone accidentally breaks a rule, we can rely on the fundament, meaning he/she will most likely chat about the mistake, standing up for it, before even an officer could react on it. So my suggestion would be to rethink if there is really only one "black sheep" in your guild or if some more talks about such things would help more than any new implemented game mechanics. I'm still glad enough about the implementation of the 24h registration phase. No issues with early starters anymore since then, no matter which raid.
  • IndyStarfarer
    18 posts Member
    edited December 2018

You guys must be very advanced level.

I wouldn't say that necessarily. I'm sure many of us here are spread far and wide across the 'advanced-ness level.

Otherwise we can just finish the raid in 45 mins.

We are like a family and we look for each other,don't know in what guilds you guys are but it doesn't sound fun at all.
    [...]
    Your guilds seem to be very selfish in many ways. We are not like that.

Hmmm. I don't see either of these as being the case at all. You should maybe try these other guilds and see what they are all about instead of casting disparaging remarks about them. You might find they are fun and not selfish at all.

Post edited by IndyStarfarer on
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

It's your own choice to track it. Your guild's organisation appears to be a rare case. I'd rather have developers work on things that benefit the majority of players.
  • newbornFL wrote: »
    Stupid rule? The MEMBERS voted for it,because otherwise they wouldn't be able to finish the raid at the proper times.

Originally we had it in one go but when the P3 started late(23h30) and p4 was finished it was already past midnight .

And they wanted to spread it out in 2 days. We don't do anything without our entire guild knowing.

'Avoiding our guild like a plague'

What an schmuck , you don't even know my guild , we are currently on our 9th consecutive TW win and we are progressing like never before.

I'm complaining about the huge lack of quality of life content for guild officers and leaders,but they have no problem with adding more money milking content.

These forums are a toxic wasteland

As many have noted, use the 24hr join function. I haven’t seen you give a reason as to why you guys don’t do that. This is what every single guild I know does.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    While the particular issue the OP's guild is having at the moment may not be a good enough reason for ea/cg to implement a QoL update for raid controll, it's not a bad thing to implement a QoL update for raid controll.
    Lets be honest, most of us implement a foolproof rule (FFA) that's easy to manage only because it's easy to manage. Prior to the join period update we pretty much all had 24h no damage rules to make sure every guild member had a reasonable chance at atleast posting a 0 to be eligable for reward (which wasn't that different to a 24h break between p3/4). While that served it's purpose and it was by far the most commonly used approach to deal with the various raids, the join period update was definately an improvement.
    Additional management tools that would help the OP's guild manage the raid the way the like to could very well lead to an improved raid experience even for the guilds that think the OP's rule is silly.
    On top of that, the rule itself isn't that silly given the right circumstances imo. It's just that we lack the management tools to implement a foolproof version of the rule which leads to it becomming hard to manage and frustrating, making it alot less appealing currently even if it would benefit your guild as a whole.

• Jaden wrote: »
    Your somewhat convoluted guild rule violates the KISS principle: keep it simple, stupid.

I’m still a little confused on what OP is actually trying to accomplish. Is he trying to make it so the same people don’t take top positions? Is he trying to make it so that everyone gets a chance to attack? Is he trying to avoid the same people getting bottom postions? Maybe it’s all 3 of those?

If it were a case of the same people taking the top slots, and the guild is one big happy family, you would think that the guild members would work with each other and take turns taking the top slots. <shrug> That's my understanding on how most guilds handle it. As for everyone getting a chance to attack, they seem to be able to do that to get through phase 3?