Ship Farming after focusing phoenix

Hi all,

I'm finding the ships part of the game quite difficult. I almost have both ghost and phantom to 3 stars and I'm focusing on biggs as well. I've got kru and his ship to 4 stars.

I struggle greatly with most challenges and fleet battles (can't clear 2 normal). I find that I can't get good synergy with what I have.

Should I focus on some other ships. What's the best way to use ghost and phantom in terms of strategy? What's the best capital lead?

What should I be spending my ship energy on? The only thing I do well in this section is arena, where I can make top 50.

Thanks

Replies

• Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    You're top 50 in fleet arena, but you can't clear stage 2 normal? That must be a REAL young shard.

Best capital depends on what you're using, but for what you have currently it's probably Ackbar.

The strongest easily-obtainable starting line is probably Biggs, Vader, Imperial TIE (can sub FO TIE if you're closer to having that one in shape). Vader is a bit of a tedious farm but he is worth it, and for now he only needs to be strong enough to survive until you get your first target lock.

Strategywise, I haven't used Phoenix ships much, but Phantom II has probably the best reinforcement ability in the game - when called, it lets you reinforce again on the next capital turn, which lets you get the numbers advantage quickly. So I'd probably use Ghost, Biggs and KRU as starting line and call Phantom first. KRU also works well as a starter since he can stun on his basic, which lets you avoid a nasty hit or stop an enemy tank from taunting.

As for ship energy, if you haven't beaten stage 2 there probably isn't much you can spend it on, so I guess I'd just pick a node that has shards or a gear piece you need and hit that for now.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• What Jarvind said, plus: until you have a tank, you can use the Ghost's stealth ability to protect itself and another squishy ship. KRU's TIE Silencer can take quite a hit for an attacker and makes a decent substitute tank until you have Biggs and his X-Wing.

Another decent Biggs substitute for the time being is the Clone Sergeant. You most likely have him geared already, so all you have to do is unlock his ARC and call him as a reinforcement to make him taunt. He'll taunt as long as he has protection and can renew his protection (or let Ackbar renew it) to taunt again. I used Phantom, Ghost, KRU and CS early on, and it worked like a charm. Use Static Jammer at the first opportunity to stealth the Ghost and Phantom, let KRU take the first wave of damage, then call CS and wrap things up.
  • Thanks for the advice. Atm I have been farming for ghost, phantom, biggs and fotp and their ships. I do have biggs ship and am continuing with them do far. I have neglected most other characters as I went phoenix rather early. I do have 7 star rey and 5 star Finn, but from what I see it wouldn't be worthwhile farming their ship.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    dmcneice wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice. Atm I have been farming for ghost, phantom, biggs and fotp and their ships. I do have biggs ship and am continuing with them do far. I have neglected most other characters as I went phoenix rather early. I do have 7 star rey and 5 star Finn, but from what I see it wouldn't be worthwhile farming their ship.

Did you buy Rey shards? If you farmed a 7* Rey you should have a pretty decent Falcon, I would think. And while it's not as beastly as it was in Ships 1.0, it's still pretty good. Plus you need Rey and Finn for JTR eventually, so gear on them is never wasted.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• The Millennium Falcon is also a cargo ship. You need 3 of those for the Contraband Cargo event, and you already have 2 with the Ghost and Phantom. If you already have Finn and Rey, you might as well get the Falcon too.
  • Back last year I got a 7 star rey through the google play promotion (how I found out about the game). I played for one day then stopped. Decided to give it a proper go only in the past 2 months.

https://swgoh.gg/p/638448823/ships/