Which is better for account progress zetas + tb or guild currency?

Currently lose 2.4 k every other week for sith practice no rewards as we practice 2 out of every 3 sith raids. Trying to c if the increase in tb rewards and minimum 2 zetas from tw lost outway the guild currency lost due to sith practice. I’m a arena focus account so anything that helps progress my account is y I log in. Ur input would be appreciated in a very competitive squad where I’m a month behind on at least 30 players top 30 so not trying to give any advantages they don’t have already from starting earlier.

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Anything that can help you break through to finaly defeat heroic STR should be prioritized. If practice is what you lack, then by all means practice until you succeed. The rewards for heroic STR are much better than rewards for tier 6. It will help you in every other game mode — Arena, TW, TB etc.

• Waqui wrote: »
    Anything that can help you break through to finaly defeat heroic STR should be prioritized. If practice is what you lack, then by all means practice until you succeed. The rewards for heroic STR are much better than rewards for tier 6. It will help you in every other game mode — Arena, TW, TB etc.
    I get what u r saying but for endgame players don’t think practice is lacking more so motivation to play game other then just logging in for rewards. But was looking more of which is more beneficial to a account zeta rewards minimum at 2 vs risk of 1 and (rough estimate) 150 crystals 1k event currency difference from bi weekly TB vs loss of 2.4 guild currency every other week so more like sith raid once every other week vs minimum once a week from a normal practicing guild?

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I'm not sure, I quite understand what the options you describe are, then.

You miss out in 2.4k "guild currency" every two weeks, because you practice on (heroic) STR without completing it, right? Or did I misunderstand?

Do whatever you need to finaly beat the raid. It will help you in all game modes, including arena which you focus on.

Increase in TB rewards is always good. No relation to raids and lost guild currency in raids.

Climbing a reward tier in TW to be guaranteed 2 zetas in case of a loss is also always good. No relation to raids and loss of guild currency.
  • Skyfrager59
    243 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I use to think practice runs were a waste of payout and time but it is really useful. Practice in T6 is useless, the difference is just too great. It also boosts motivation when you see the difference between last practice and the one before. It also shows when you are ready... You may "waste" an Heroic run with a T6. You just have to start practice when it is appropriate, not too early.
  • I don't see the need to practice 2 out of every 3 raids. That's a huge waste of raid tickets. You should be able to judge readiness easily with 1 practice every half dozen or so raids. The loss of resources from frequent incomplete raids actually delays upgrades that would result in your guild defeating said raid. I would be irate if my guild was flushing several hundred thousand raid tickets down the toilet on a consistent basis.

Our guild tried HAAT. Stalled out in P2 the first time. Did probably 5-6 NAAT to gear up and then tried again. Stalled out in P3. Two of us wrapped up a G10/11 ABC squad over 2-3 more NAATs and we're running HAAT exclusively now.

Pounding halfway through a Heroic raid for two days to get nothing out of it is pointless.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    I'm not sure, I quite understand what the options you describe are, then.

You miss out in 2.4k "guild currency" every two weeks, because you practice on (heroic) STR without completing it, right? Or did I misunderstand?

Do whatever you need to finaly beat the raid. It will help you in all game modes, including arena which you focus on.

Increase in TB rewards is always good. No relation to raids and lost guild currency in raids.

Climbing a reward tier in TW to be guaranteed 2 zetas in case of a loss is also always good. No relation to raids and loss of guild currency.
    yes practice means not completing.

• Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I don't see the need to practice 2 out of every 3 raids. That's a huge waste of raid tickets. You should be able to judge readiness easily with 1 practice every half dozen or so raids. The loss of resources from frequent incomplete raids actually delays upgrades that would result in your guild defeating said raid. I would be irate if my guild was flushing several hundred thousand raid tickets down the toilet on a consistent basis.

Our guild tried HAAT. Stalled out in P2 the first time. Did probably 5-6 NAAT to gear up and then tried again. Stalled out in P3. Two of us wrapped up a G10/11 ABC squad over 2-3 more NAATs and we're running HAAT exclusively now.

Pounding halfway through a Heroic raid for two days to get nothing out of it is pointless.
    that’s what I have said people have left because of this as well. But I take it as a tactic to not allow those that don’t contribute to get equipment rewards as some don’t in T6. I still don’t think doing higher tier serves any other purpose then not inflating where u r at because u do more damage on lower the strategy doesn’t change with tiers just results from good vs bad. I have got lucky and pulled a few fully crafted it takes mind off equipment lost each failed raid.

• It is as simple as this: do you find zero rewards better than low rewards. From purely logical point of view you should not. Practicing a raid you cannot complete has absolutely the same returns as not doing the raid at all, but coming at the extra cost of wasting resources AND your time.
  • 2smooth wrote: »
    that’s what I have said people have left because of this as well. But I take it as a tactic to not allow those that don’t contribute to get equipment rewards as some don’t in T6. I still don’t think doing higher tier serves any other purpose then not inflating where u r at because u do more damage on lower the strategy doesn’t change with tiers just results from good vs bad. I have got lucky and pulled a few fully crafted it takes mind off equipment lost each failed raid.

Punishing the entire guild because you have non-contributors is incredibly confusing. So nobody gets raid rewards because some guild members don't fight in T6? Let them collect bottom rewards, at least everyone who actually contributes is earning something. A failed raid is a waste of several things:

- lost resources for improving teams
    - lost raid tickets (a considerable amount with the STR)
    - lost real-life time and effort
    - lost rewards for previous investment in improvement

There is no case to argue that intentionally running multiple practice raids is a wise/recommended strategy. Sounds like your guild management needs a re-think.
  • I c what u r saying but I think the tactic could weed out members and increase chance of better prepared sith players joining. Which is best move for u to do go to a Guild working but not there so u get top rewards rather join one on farm so u r on bottom getting useless equipment I just thought about it that way and it could turn out well.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    If practice is what you need, then practice.

If you don't have your teams ready (rank and gear), then that's what you need to work on. Do tier 6 until you may have your teams ready.

Key words: "if" and "then".
  • Based on what Waqui said, a clear hint for you:

When you can complete Tier 6 within less than 12 hours you are ready for Tier 7. No need to pratice at all.
  • Yeah T6 takes 2 days I’ll post that in sith chat section.