Add a warning before 6 dot mod upgrade

Ravens1113
5215 posts Member
edited December 2018
Title speaks for itself.

Here’s my situation: Swapping mods in anticipation of the upcoming legendary events (Chewy for BH), maybe Ewoks for C3PO, etc. Was assigning my lower 5dot mods to other toons and my thumb slipped and double tapped the slice button instead of the assign button....
So now I have this lovely thing.
ma7kjik9eqa6.png

I’m not here asking for a refund or anything like that (although I’d take it if offered haha). I get it, I messed up but I lost rare/premium materials because of it.

Every other rare gear material asks for a warning like zetas. Why can’t this? It would prevent mistakes like this from happening to others who I’m sure are not able to withstand losing so many premium materials.

Replies

• At least it’s a lot of health. With mods 2.0 speed won’t mean as much as tenacity, potency and health /sarcasm/
    Tough break man. That sucks I’m always nervous when I go in the mod screen too
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows them?"--Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I don't want a warning every time I try to slice a mod.

One button push, ok, but you have to do it once to get to the slice page and a second to actually slice it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

One button push, ok, but you have to do it once to get to the slice page and a second to actually slice it.

Wouldn't be for every time you slice a mod, just every time you slice to 6E. Makes sense to me, we have similar warnings for zeta, ship omega, and ship reinforcement abilities. And in those cases, it doesn't remove the ability after you do it, whereas there is nothing obvious in game to indicate that a 6E mod won't go on a non-g12 character.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Wouldn't be for every time you slice a mod, just every time you slice to 6E. Makes sense to me, we have similar warnings for zeta, ship omega, and ship reinforcement abilities. And in those cases, it doesn't remove the ability after you do it, whereas there is nothing obvious in game to indicate that a 6E mod won't go on a non-g12 character.

@TVF this really. I don’t want one every time either but those mk2 pulse thingies are pretty expensive. Just a fail safe really for slippery thumbs lol
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    Perhaps a waiver could be available each time you enter the mod section indicating to use caution and enter at your own risk?

Maybe a warning that sarcasm in this case is annoying lol
  • This isn’t a thread about gear either.... @Kyno can you move this back to general please....
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    This isn’t a thread about gear either.... @Kyno can you move this back to general please....

But it is about the game's UI
  • StarSon wrote: »
    This isn’t a thread about gear either.... @Kyno can you move this back to general please....

Shhhhh I want this to get mass exposure!
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

Shhhhh I want this to get mass exposure!

It'll get plenty of exposure. People shouldn't be looking at just General. Use the Recent Discussions and the section is largely irrelevant.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Title speaks for itself.

Here’s my situation: Swapping mods in anticipation of the upcoming legendary events (Chewy for BH), maybe Ewoks for C3PO, etc. Was assigning my lower 5dot mods to other toons and my thumb slipped and double tapped the slice button instead of the assign button....
    ma7kjik9eqa6.png

I’m not here asking for a refund or anything like that (although I’d take it if offered haha). I get it, I messed up but I lost rare/premium materials because of it.

Every other rare gear material asks for a warning like zetas. Why can’t this? It would prevent mistakes like this from happening to others who I’m sure are not able to withstand losing so many premium materials.

That’s actually a decent mod for night sisters
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    Title speaks for itself.

ma7kjik9eqa6.png

That’s actually a decent mod for night sisters

Would rather have the upgrade on a nice god mod instead though but...you know lol.