Is there a way to pull a coup d'etat?

Our guild leader is very uninvolved and basically uses the position for himself. Doesn't contribute to guild events and never chats. Another officer and I basically run the guild. But I'd like to make some new officers and change the guild structure a little. I feel like I already know the answer, but is there anything I can do short of leaving the guild, which I don't want to do?

Replies

• you can submit a ticket ingame to request a change, and if that fails you just start a new guild have have everyone join
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Our guild leader is very uninvolved and basically uses the position for himself. Doesn't contribute to guild events and never chats. Another officer and I basically run the guild. But I'd like to make some new officers and change the guild structure a little. I feel like I already know the answer, but is there anything I can do short of leaving the guild, which I don't want to do?

We had a leader like that and we just started a new guild without them and everyone was happy to follow.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    3pourr2 wrote: »

We had a leader like that and we just started a new guild without them and everyone was happy to follow.

this.

if he is playing (and not gone completely inactive) then your only option is to leave and start a new guild.
  • Same problem in my last Guild. Took the top 4 regularly active members with me and we joined another Guild.
  • as they said if leader is in it for himself then you should all whomever wants leave and make a new guild. only way if leader is somewhat active.
  • Starnutcracker
    21 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Starting a new guild seems like the only real option, a few loyal allies have already left and a couple more were taking about it, so that seems like the best course of action, thanks all.
  • Had leader like that basically one officer ran guild all decisions went through him. Had no clue who leader was until I searched think he barely played. But didn’t seem like officer had a problem with that.
  • This seems like a good place to say that there should be an auto kick function available to guilds. So that after a tally of something they are gone (inactivity, rouge actions)

I assume a lot will be done with guilds when it's offical worked.