Palpatine 7* with lvl 66 phoenix

Hi all. I'll be getting Kanan to 7 star tonight, and I'll have one night of attempts left at him. Is it possible with my squad and gear levels.

I have quite a lot of health mods available in my inventory, so that's really the only thing I can change.

https://swgoh.gg/p/638448823/characters/

Replies

• Very unlikely. Minimum I've seen is g8 with godlike mods. It took me a whole bunch of tries with g8/g9 lvl 80 and excellent mods, so I wouldn't bet on 7* until next go around.
  • I dunno. I ran through at g8 lvl 74 and didnt have to retry any tier. Mods are ok, but could definitely use improvement.

I think you have an outside chance if you do some research on strategy and the RNG gods smile on you.
  • Palpatine not Thrawn, "could" be possible with insane mods at only level 66.

Palpatine does not require G8 + God Mods. Thrawn does to some degree though.
  • I'll be continuing to gear them in preparation for thrawn. Any tips regarding mods and strategy for tier 7?
  • For Thrawn? You'll need to get to ideally level 80 for Omega'd uniques. 82 to include Chopper's.

For mods - in game recommendations are actually really decent but make sure you get lots of speed. The only one I wouldn't mod following the recommend is Zeb. I'd throw 4 potency 2 health on him. With a potency cross.
  • Mods and strategy for 7 star palpatine tonight. I'll be continuing to gear and aim for omega before thrawn.
  • Same for either event. If you can't get the sets it recommends at least get the primary stats it recommends. When you're in advanced mod mode click on the little white "i" in the top right corner. It brings up a list of the recommended primary stats. Even if you just use 6 health mods on all of them the stats are more important.

Zeb and Hera should have +potency on the cross. Chopper and Kanan should be protection ideally on 3 of the following 4 positions: circle, cross, triangle, arrow.
  • Denzello
    27 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I would say the min. req. to get 7star EP w/o spending hundreds of $ trying it at 66 to 69 would be lvl 70, unlock those 4 uniques and youre gtg, I finally finished him even with lvl 12 health/protection mods first try as soon as I hit 70...as you can see my PS here https://swgoh.gg/p/389115328/characters/
    (roster will prolly update during the day)

needless to say that you should know which skills to use and how to buff/debuff correctly, because that is crucial if you can barely make it.
  • Thanks everyone. Just defeated him. Took me about 45 mins of attempts but got him. So definitely doable with my roster. Got close a few times before I downed it so was repeatable but need a Lil luck.
  • Congratulations! It's always satisfying to succeed with a sub-par squad. :)
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    @dmcneice Just to clarify was this 6* Palpatine or 7*? Your profile still shows 6* Kanan and 6* EP. Either way a Legendary unlock always deserves a congrats!!

Edit: just checked your in-game profile and it's indeed 7*! Double congrats! Well done.
  • Thanks all for the help. Yes very satisfying not to have to wait until next cycle :D
  • Very unlikely. Minimum I've seen is g8 with godlike mods. It took me a whole bunch of tries with g8/g9 lvl 80 and excellent mods, so I wouldn't bet on 7* until next go around.

That's good to know. Then I don't have to hurry to get my 6* Phoenix team to 7*. I'll unlock Thrawn at 5* for now and wait for the next event.
  • dmcneice wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. Just defeated him. Took me about 45 mins of attempts but got him. So definitely doable with my roster. Got close a few times before I downed it so was repeatable but need a Lil luck.

Oh wow, congrats :) I should have kept reading.