Checkup on the Sith Triumvirate Raid [MEGA]

Replies

• 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Sounds like big foot ... alot of stories and no real video proof.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    P3 sucks so bad. Honestly, who thought this was good design to have a phase where an RNG mess is required to get through it?
  • I must mention, Traya in P4 is still cheap. It feels excessively unfair the closer you get to finishing the Raid. The added foresight stun, turn meter removal on isolation, the added damage every single attack, the numerous attacks where she starts doing 5 to every 1 you get.

I have squads that do 3-4 million every other phase that barely get over 500k.

Doing T6.

To add I've also noticed that she can be super weird where, instead of simply enraging, she'll start an attack loop of 5+ attacks until she kills 1-3 toons. This seems to happen in both P3 & 4. Either way it seems super unfair that she'll go from 2-3 attacks to an infinite loop once she reaches enrage (but usually before the enrage mechanic triggers).

She also seems to frequently have a bugged enrage timer as a result. Both going from 15 to enrage super fast from extra attacks or taking several turns after reaching enrage before the mechanic triggers. I'm fairly convinced the two are related.
  • I must mention, Traya in P4 is still cheap. It feels excessively unfair the closer you get to finishing the Raid. The added foresight stun, turn meter removal on isolation, the added damage every single attack, the numerous attacks where she starts doing 5 to every 1 you get.

I have squads that do 3-4 million every other phase that barely get over 500k.

Doing T6.

To add I've also noticed that she can be super weird where, instead of simply enraging, she'll start an attack loop of 5+ attacks until she kills 1-3 toons. This seems to happen in both P3 & 4. Either way it seems super unfair that she'll go from 2-3 attacks to an infinite loop once she reaches enrage (but usually before the enrage mechanic triggers).

She also seems to frequently have a bugged enrage timer as a result. Both going from 15 to enrage super fast from extra attacks or taking several turns after reaching enrage before the mechanic triggers. I'm fairly convinced the two are related.

Im certain that her speed boost doesn’t reset at the end of turn but ea answers wont acknowledge it. Ive even used non attack abilities and she still goes loop crazy.
  • I've said it before, and nobody cares but I'll say it again:

Traya's P4 mechanic is the most frustrating, unnecessary, and ludicrous example of "ratcheted-up difficulty for no reason" character design that I've seen in 25+ years of playing video games.

I'd rate it as more annoying than Battletoads. And THAT came caused broken controllers like nobody's business.
  • Objakenodi
    91 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Anarchy 163 mil GP
    HSTR down in 1-2 hours
    (We had previously completes in 4-8 hours at 145-150 mil GP)
    Rewards for lower tiers are better but I have received far fewer Fully crafted pieces and am generally ranking 1-10. Considering the changes which have made it easier for (focused) lower GP guilds to complete it, I think Mk5 stun guns and Mk3 carbantis should be a garunteed drop for all HSTR rewards. I dont mean to flog a dead horse but with the pressure to have multiple teams for TW, TB, upcoming grand arena, etc... the constant grind for the same unobtainable items needs to be addressed! HSTR would pe a perfect place to reward the guilds who have fought their way to completing heroic with gear that is desperately needed.
    Overall the changes seem to have made things fairer across the board which is great: good job CG/EA. I think the changes have improved an incredibly difficult and frustrating part of the game that was universally hated by P2P and F2P players so again good work, thankyou.
  • Scyndeye wrote: »
    9-17M GP guild, playing for free since 2016
    5 daily active officers, 7 monthly member, +26 old members with a turn around of 260 days and increasing since we did not get a single new member since the 21st of July 2018 (we used to get around 5/months before the guild recommendation settings were based on raid completion). Feels like a death by Saarlacc.

Anyway we're tenacious.
    We found that completing the old tier3 Sith raid in 18-22 days was perfect since that was the time it took us to accumulate the necessary tickets to start the next 3*Sith raid.

We have not yet tried the new easier Sith raid as we are saving tickets to start a new tier 5 Sith raid (decision based on the comments I read on this page).

Will let you know the outcome when I figure it out.

In the mean time I'll keep collecting ally requests from 900+ players.
    tk6t7uw7cxtm.png

Alright! up to date feedback on new Sith raid:
    (The previous message was written on the 10th of October 2018)

We started a new “easier” 5*Sith raid on the 12th of October and completed it on the 24th of November, so in 45days. The break down: 10 days to complete P1, 8 days for P2, 12 days for P3 and 15 days for P4 (7+4+4). During that time we accumulated 95K tickets.

It seemed too long so on the 25th of November we started a 4*Sith that we completed in 7days! So way too fast for us to accumulate enough tickets to start a new 4*Sith.

So we’ll go back to the 5*Sith level.

The good news though! We happened to finish that 5*Sith around the time we completed a 6*AAT and a 7*Rancor, so we must have been advertised because we got 3 new members! Don’t know how long they’ll stay but who cares! It was a thanksgiving miracle! I meant the force was with us that day!

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Scyndeye wrote: »
    Scyndeye wrote: »
    9-17M GP guild, playing for free since 2016
    5 daily active officers, 7 monthly member, +26 old members with a turn around of 260 days and increasing since we did not get a single new member since the 21st of July 2018 (we used to get around 5/months before the guild recommendation settings were based on raid completion). Feels like a death by Saarlacc.

Anyway we're tenacious.
    We found that completing the old tier3 Sith raid in 18-22 days was perfect since that was the time it took us to accumulate the necessary tickets to start the next 3*Sith raid.

We have not yet tried the new easier Sith raid as we are saving tickets to start a new tier 5 Sith raid (decision based on the comments I read on this page).

Will let you know the outcome when I figure it out.

In the mean time I'll keep collecting ally requests from 900+ players.
    tk6t7uw7cxtm.png

Alright! up to date feedback on new Sith raid:
    (The previous message was written on the 10th of October 2018)

We started a new “easier” 5*Sith raid on the 12th of October and completed it on the 24th of November, so in 45days. The break down: 10 days to complete P1, 8 days for P2, 12 days for P3 and 15 days for P4 (7+4+4). During that time we accumulated 95K tickets.

It seemed too long so on the 25th of November we started a 4*Sith that we completed in 7days! So way too fast for us to accumulate enough tickets to start a new 4*Sith.

So we’ll go back to the 5*Sith level.

The good news though! We happened to finish that 5*Sith around the time we completed a 6*AAT and a 7*Rancor, so we must have been advertised because we got 3 new members! Don’t know how long they’ll stay but who cares! It was a thanksgiving miracle! I meant the force was with us that day!

What are there 10 ppl in your guild to earn 95k tix in a month....
  • It's a guild event, not a competition. so all rewards should be equal,
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Says the guy posting zero.

• T4 takes less than a day, depending on who can be bothered smacking it.

T5 takes maybe a week or so, again depnding on who can be bothered smacking it.

One thing that annoys me to no end is Traya's turbo enrage once the other two are down.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Many problems with THIS raid could be solved by making MORE unique raids.... "Steal the Death Star Plans", "Rescue Princess Leah", etc.... by providing more unique raids, people won't get so burned on this being so long, and done over and over and over and over and over again....
  • Close to 50M GP, usually T4 and recently doing T5 (for Guild activity token). T4 can be done quickly but T5 need almost a week to finish it, people ain't engaged to do T5, a few heavy hitters (they have surprisingly low score, a sign that they don't bother), it is so long and boring.

Enemies have super high health, high defense, hardly land any de-buff on them, foresight, yet many of our team synergy and abilities are broken (core mechanic of the game IMO). We spend more time watching enemies attack you (even at 4x), restart, than actually playing it.

Gear reward is poor, way too few credits (I can get more from GW each day), and hardly justified the efforts . I am thinking to become one of those lay back guys, let other members to finish the raid and earn the rewards for me, but what if every member gone lazy?

Games are supposed to be fun!
  • bluecheese wrote: »
    Close to 50M GP, usually T4 and recently doing T5 (for Guild activity token). T4 can be done quickly but T5 need almost a week to finish it, people ain't engaged to do T5, a few heavy hitters (they have surprisingly low score, a sign that they don't bother), it is so long and boring.

Enemies have super high health, high defense, hardly land any de-buff on them, foresight, yet many of our team synergy and abilities are broken (core mechanic of the game IMO). We spend more time watching enemies attack you (even at 4x), restart, than actually playing it.

Gear reward is poor, way too few credits (I can get more from GW each day), and hardly justified the efforts . I am thinking to become one of those lay back guys, let other members to finish the raid and earn the rewards for me, but what if every member gone lazy?

Games are supposed to be fun!

They need another pass to remove more/all boss rng mechanics that forces restarts. I haven't bothered working on chex mix for example because i literally don't have the time to do tons of restarts for one good run.

Its still not fun because of the rng reliance of so much of the raid to do well. They also need to make Traya enrage more predictable (as in like other raid bosses) as currently she goes from 0 to **** off weirdly fast.

I really dont get how she chains together 4+ attacks, enrages, chains together 2+ more attacks, one of my toons go, she goes into an attack loop until my whole team is dead.

• So in a t6 p4 run with FO under KRU, Traya took 10 turns in a row with the enrage counter at 0 (but not enraged). Once she killed all but 1 toon the enrage kicked in and then she took 3 additional turns to kill this last toon (a total of 13 turns in a row).

There's no possible way she's WAI between enrage not kicking in once the count hits 0 and her infinite attack loop.
  • So every time a "Bug" is discovered where a single team that is G12 and modded to the hilt can solo or Auto a phase or a part of a phase you "fix the bug". The community complains about this every single time. I'm just curious why the realization that the raid is too difficult has not been realized yet?

I know that the company line is that you wanted to create more difficult, challenging material for players. But I think you misunderstood the message the community was sending. We want puzzles. Something that takes some time to figure out. We don't want something where you need a 40 man guild all with specific teams at specific levels just to complete the heroic to get the character from the raid.

Just my two cents
  • So in a t6 p4 run with FO under KRU, Traya took 10 turns in a row with the enrage counter at 0 (but not enraged). Once she killed all but 1 toon the enrage kicked in and then she took 3 additional turns to kill this last toon (a total of 13 turns in a row).

There's no possible way she's WAI between enrage not kicking in once the count hits 0 and her infinite attack loop.

Its because her speed doesn’t reset at the end of her turn.
  • Something that has continued to plague our 102M GP guild is that people get impatient and leave before we can build up enough firepower to finished the heroic version of the raid. It is REALLY hard to replace somebody who is between 2.5M and 3.5M GP with an RJT squad. This raid has really damaged mid-tier guilds and nothing has been done to address the issue.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Sith Raid difficulty: easy
    Sith Raid rewards (non-heroic): trash
    Sith Raid rewards (heroic): good (rank 1-10), mediocre in comparison to the 1-11 ones, still good compared to the other raids (11-50)

I liked the shard reward system of the AAT where the top 3 ppl got some more shards and the rest of the guild gets an equal amount. The non-heroic rewards need to be WAY higher and the gap in heroic rewards between ranks 1-10 and 11-50 needs to be fixed.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • The big missing piece in the changes for me:

The 150,000 Raid Ticket Cap.

Hear me out; the rate of income (30k/day) is fine, but given the current cap of 150, and the Sith raid cost of 110, a far too common occurrence, is to go from, say, 100k tickets to 130k tickets, and then have no choice but to open the raid in the next 24 hours, or waste tickets.

This was a non issue with the Rancor and Tank, because, at 60/90k, both raids left guilds with a 2-3 day buffer to spend their tickets after earning enough to open the raid, allowing guilds to push raids out by a day to avoid conflicts or produce more consistent raid scheduling.

With the cap at 150 however, more often than not, we have 24 hours to open the raid or else. Increasing the stored ticket cap to 175 or 180 or so will go a long way to make the Sith raid more schedulable, which is something that it’s missing right now.

The rest of your questionnaire for reference:

How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)?
    We went straight from T5 to Heroic. There was no point in T6.
    Which change did you like

How dod you unlock heroic if you skipped 6... Seing as 6 was a requirement

• 3pourr2 wrote: »
    So in a t6 p4 run with FO under KRU, Traya took 10 turns in a row with the enrage counter at 0 (but not enraged). Once she killed all but 1 toon the enrage kicked in and then she took 3 additional turns to kill this last toon (a total of 13 turns in a row).

Its because her speed doesn’t reset at the end of her turn.

Isn't it supposed to though?
    TrowaJedi wrote: »
    So every time a "Bug" is discovered where a single team that is G12 and modded to the hilt can solo or Auto a phase or a part of a phase you "fix the bug". The community complains about this every single time. I'm just curious why the realization that the raid is too difficult has not been realized yet?

I know that the company line is that you wanted to create more difficult, challenging material for players. But I think you misunderstood the message the community was sending. We want puzzles. Something that takes some time to figure out. We don't want something where you need a 40 man guild all with specific teams at specific levels just to complete the heroic to get the character from the raid.

Just my two cents

imo the big problem is that the policy hurts the non heroic guilds most. How can you build to heroic if teams are getting nerfed all the time? Sometimes many months after a tactic was discovered.
  • There’s so much wrong with this Raid... You guys have already mentioned it all. This is just for supporting you all.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    I'm getting depressed that even when the MIRACLE of those full pieces of G12 drop that it's like everything else...always weighted towards the worthless ones dropping more than others... soon I'll have as many full G12 wristbands as I do Mk 1 Binoculars... :(

I don't suppose a dev wan'ts to drop in and let us know if Multitools, medpacks and bayonetts have a lower droprate than Wristbands, visors, tactical data ???..

I mean my solution is to just g12 more characters that do special damage (that TAKE the wristbands)...

It just seems like your dropping them more because there are so many LESS characters that deal special damage....and is kinda just another way to throw a wrench into the machine....

again i'm not whining, I think it's Jenius if it's true... I mean anyone who would complain about getting full G12 pieces even though they have no use once special damage characters have them would be a crybaby so I WILL NOT CRY !!!!!!

EDIT only full pieces not salvage...dear lord those purple MEDPACKS are GOLD.... to precious to use for regular medpacks....pretty sure that's why I never got a full medpack....so you can never make a regular medpack
  • Still takes too long, and it’s still incredibly dull. Join, click auto, boil the water, team 2 join, click auto, add coffee to the mug, team 3 join, click auto, pour water into the mug and stir, team 4 join, click auto, add half a teaspoon of sugar and stir, team 5 join, click auto, sit down on the sofa, take a sip, leave raid.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    I'm getting depressed that even when the MIRACLE of those full pieces of G12 drop that it's like everything else...always weighted towards the worthless ones dropping more than others... soon I'll have as many full G12 wristbands as I do Mk 1 Binoculars... :(

I don't suppose a dev wan'ts to drop in and let us know if Multitools, medpacks and bayonetts have a lower droprate than Wristbands, visors, tactical data ???..

I mean my solution is to just g12 more characters that do special damage (that TAKE the wristbands)...

It just seems like your dropping them more because there are so many LESS characters that deal special damage....and is kinda just another way to throw a wrench into the machine....

again i'm not whining, I think it's Jenius if it's true... I mean anyone who would complain about getting full G12 pieces even though they have no use once special damage characters have them would be a crybaby so I WILL NOT CRY !!!!!!

EDIT only full pieces not salvage...dear lord those purple MEDPACKS are GOLD.... to precious to use for regular medpacks....pretty sure that's why I never got a full medpack....so you can never make a regular medpack

Yes different pieces have different drop rates. Always been that way in every raid.

Bored of HSR rewards giving me the same gear nobody needs over and over again, but that's nothing new.
  • Chat
    18 posts Member
    I've been on heroic for a bit over a month now, so I feel like I've now played it enough to give my opinion on it...

What GP is your Guild?
    135 million

What tiers did your Guild try?
    We currently do heroic

How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)?
    A few hours spread over 2 days.

Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete)
    The mod stuff is nice, but kind of barely noticeable. The near complete lack of full g12 and g12+ gear outside of the top 10, or even appreciable amounts (especially of the former, which the later needs on top of) is painfully obvious. The rewards, especially compared to what they were before are terrible for anyone not in the top 10.

Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future?
    My guild? Yes. Me personally? Not thanks to the Sith raid. It's kind of hard to break into the top 10 when the top 10 gets so much more gear. They've been able to upgrade quite a bit, which I'm really happy for them, but myself? I'm making progress more in spite of the Sith raid than because of it. Outside of Traya, hstr is source of a tiny sliver my progress.

Which change did you like the most?
    The changes to nihilus made the raid a bit more fun/less frustrating to us, and allowed us to make that final push to do heroic.

Which change did you like the least?
    Removal of g12 full gear drops, and the fact that the rewards are so top heavy. Thus far, I have gotten 0 craftable g12+ items, and maybe 2 crafts worth of g12. The chances of pushing into the top 10 anytime soon are slim at best (unless they let me), and it feels wrong for the guild to be competitive rather than cooperative.

How has your overall experience changed since the update?
    Yes, both for the better and worse.

Remember, it wasn't that rewards were flattened that people didn't like last time, it's that the flattened rewards were way worse than we were told they were. Make the rank 5-10 the basis for flattened rewards, and nearly everyone will love you.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    I always finish top 5 in heroic and the rewards aren't that great. It seems like I get the same pieces of gear that I don't need every time just to pad it out.

If they made 5-10 the basis for rewards then there would be less incentive to participate (fun will never be the reason as it's never fun).