Title Update 14 12/4/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• This isn’t a big deal at all, but shouldn’t the tiebreaker go to the person with the lowest GP, not the highest? They are the ones who got a tie with a weaker roster.

Agreed. Underdog should get the win in a tie. Especially since matchmaking this far hasnt been all that brilliant with setting up fair matches.

I expect though that this is to keep whales from crying that a weaker F2P beat them in a tie and it isnt right that their money didnt buy them a win.
    Or it could just be meant to prevent people from removing mods and lowering their GP just to get a "better" match-making? ;)
    P.S.: I'm almost f2p so my opinion dos not come from the point you stated.
  • There is bug with sion taunt and protection up with nihiluspt37e58qqhc7.png
    u323ta83k1vd.png
  • ajh6037
    22 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    ajh6037 wrote: »
    There appears to be a bug associated with Traya cleanse after new update. 0gn4nzxeb20m.png
    Sion should only taunt when someone has pain. He is clearly taunting on Nihilus' turn. There were other similar scenarios where my sith (who were not isolated) were not being cleansed properly. @CS_SBCrumb
    Traya is cleansing Pain from Sith allies at the start of their turn due to her Unique Ability. The enemy Sion is triggering taunt at the same time at pain is cleansed. Your Sith ally had Pain at the start of their turn but it would be very hard to see visually since it happens almost instantly.
    43ovr4ewsxdo.png

This is how I always thought it should work. But up until recently it hasn’t worked this way. Did that just change today?
    Nothing was changed directly and I do not believe any of the other changes would have impacted Sion's Taunt but I'm checking with the team to make sure
    ajh6037 wrote: »
    There appears to be a bug associated with Traya cleanse after new update. 0gn4nzxeb20m.png
    Sion should only taunt when someone has pain. He is clearly taunting on Nihilus' turn. There were other similar scenarios where my sith (who were not isolated) were not being cleansed properly. @CS_SBCrumb
    Traya is cleansing Pain from Sith allies at the start of their turn due to her Unique Ability. The enemy Sion is triggering taunt at the same time at pain is cleansed. Your Sith ally had Pain at the start of their turn but it would be very hard to see visually since it happens almost instantly.
    43ovr4ewsxdo.png

This is how I always thought it should work. But up until recently it hasn’t worked this way. Did that just change today?
    Nothing was changed directly and I do not believe any of the other changes would have impacted Sion's Taunt but I'm checking with the team to make sure

It is definitely acting differently than before. I.e. My sith have never had to attack enemy sion the turn they were cleansed from pain debuff. They always had the option of attacking whomever (unless there was another taunt or they did not cleanse due to isolation).

@CG_SBCrumb
  • gunff
    287 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb Not only is the a change in the latest update, but the reason we know it is a bug is because it ONLY happens to the team on offense, the team on Defense does not trigger the taunt in the same way, it still clenses the pain debuff like it did before the update.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Lol now you people with Traya know how us without Traya feel. ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Night2 wrote: »
    i hope this GP point is based on only character GP and not on overall GP. I have invested heavily in ships and currently i have more GP on ships than characters. It will be very unequal is someone have 1mil in characters over someone who have 500k in characters and 500k in ships

While it isn't appearing in the current preview screen for grand arena, I'm pretty sure it will generally include ship territories as well, so basing it on total gp would make more sense.
  • CadoaBane wrote: »
    This isn’t a big deal at all, but shouldn’t the tiebreaker go to the person with the lowest GP, not the highest? They are the ones who got a tie with a weaker roster.

Agreed. Underdog should get the win in a tie. Especially since matchmaking this far hasnt been all that brilliant with setting up fair matches.

I expect though that this is to keep whales from crying that a weaker F2P beat them in a tie and it isnt right that their money didnt buy them a win.
    Or it could just be meant to prevent people from removing mods and lowering their GP just to get a "better" match-making? ;)
    P.S.: I'm almost f2p so my opinion dos not come from the point you stated.

True. But i would imagine you'd need to substantially hamstring yourself for that to work and they could always impliment failsafes like level checks to keep you from dropping too low.

Sure Revan jedi would still be a pain without mods but i would assume a halfway decent modded meta team (CLS etc.) could beat them even if a gear level or 2 lower. And ship stats would be heavily crippled.

Either way will be interesting to see how it plays out
  • Finally! We get to collect profile pictures from your fantastic artworks!
    Thanks a lot CG!
    The artwork in this game is so unique compared to many other games! :)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Quick question for anyone who has done the payout time change, so the settings only show arena/fleet/activities refresh if I change to 8am/9am/2pm then my free energy refresh for mod/cantina/etc is 2am? if that's true, @CG_SBCrumb why are the energy refresh times tied into arena payout? that's over 200 crystals of energy lost just to finally have a better payout time.

@ObiJuanPollo yes that is how it works. All the free energy and POs have been linked to a single 24 hour timespan and have always been spaced exactly how it is. While not ideal, they are not breaking that link with this move, you are just moving the start time of the 24 hour period.
  • Pyrefly wrote: »

BUGS

Mods
    • Fixed an issue where the character mod inventory was reverting to the top row after reviewing mod details on a character.

Is it just me @CG_SBCrumb, or is this not fixed at all?
  • @CG_SBCrumb there is no Revan portrait for passing Tier 6 of the OR event?
  • BlackMarco
    20 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    This change in the mechanics of Sion / Traya is ridiculous (and it would probably affect interactions against other teams). And working different for those who attack and for those who defend, is a bug and has to be fixed.

The explanation doesn't convince. Anyway, an excuse for another nerf in Traya.
  • Pyrefly wrote: »

BUGS

Mods
    • Fixed an issue where the character mod inventory was reverting to the top row after reviewing mod details on a character.

Is it just me @CG_SBCrumb, or is this not fixed at all?

Nope, not fixed at all.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    This is what the new shards look like

mf7ggq4b6hfd.jpeg
  • Nerf, Sion, Traya...
    In short they want only Revan not suck.
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »

mf7ggq4b6hfd.jpeg

Lol. Never knew that a 4k power team could beat a 115k power team. Go figure. ;)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »

mf7ggq4b6hfd.jpeg

Lol. Never knew that a 4k power team could beat a 115k power team. Go figure. ;)

Its thier payout time. You know .... shard chats
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

mf7ggq4b6hfd.jpeg

Wish mine was like that. Mine is just a wall of Revans, despite the shard chat.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

mf7ggq4b6hfd.jpeg

Wish mine was like that. Mine is just a wall of Revans, despite the shard chat.

Lol they also have complete quest titles.
  • I know people think all I do is complain - so for those that actually think that (despite the fact that it is not true), this post will come as a shock. I like this update quite a lot so far. The ability to change payout times is fantastic. Thank you very much for all the work that went into making that a reality. One of the biggest QOL changes ever.

Secondly, while I am concerned about matchmaking and time commitment, "Grand Arena" seems like an interesting idea.

Finally, thank you also for the portraits. The artwork and sound effects/music in this game have always been top-notch, so any way to work more of the gifted artists' work in is a big win in my book.

Oh, and for those that still think all I do is complain, you should go back and read some of my posts from 2016 and early 2017. I have even been called a shill for CG/EA on occasion. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Well maybe you haven't seen the Nest thing yet. Which is understandable, since it was conveniently not mentioned.
  • @CG_SBCrumb shouldn’t the max health be applied to the highest health pool not the current health of the toon?
  • Max health is different than current health... right?
  • Meh. Community keeps supporting them and they find new way to make the game worse. :V

I like it though. When looking at it from a POV where CG and the pro-CG community is a joke, it's all quite funny really.

Every new screw-up results in a fresh batch of wholesome memes lol. Bring on the c3p0 event!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    Max health is different than current health... right?

Yes. It’s not based on current actual health at all. The change is from starting max health to current max health.
  • All looks good but now when you go to light/dark/cantina etc it reverts to the first node where it used to remember the node you were farming. This is rubbish as it means it is far too easy to spend energy on the wrong node! Please fix this!
  • BlackMarco
    20 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    The change in protection bonus is horrible and is very evident, by the explanation, that is to make it easier for those who have Revan.
  • Erebus2017
    50 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    At the very least can we get a feel good zeta refund on Nest? Mechanics aside, the value of that Zeta at the time was far different than it is today.
  • I know there are like a gizzilion posts already but this is awesome.

I have more things to collect next stop all the BH quest series 😀

On a side note those 3 bonus portraits on the. Far right anyone read the text on them

1) cold storage.
    2)air holes.
    3)dangerous

Hints or just fun text?