Thank you for the payout change.

Vinny_Vader_Vedi
4626 posts Member
edited December 2018
After 3 years, my dream has finally come true. I’m sitting down with a coffee and completing everything I have to do in game.

I can actually do more than forfeit an arena match just to get the dailies. Thank you. And my gf thanks you too!

As much as we redicule the game , the devs, and our fellow forumers, this instance was once in the “will never happen” pile. So I am overjoyed that things can change especially when it is caused by years of feedback by us.

The forums can work!

Again thank you. It’s really appreciated by me.
Post edited by Vinny_Vader_Vedi on

Replies

• I used to have to wait till 6pm for rewards now 11am and noon its great.
  • Yes. Thank you. This is the best change in the history of the game. I will now no longer have my wife giving me the stink eye during dinner.
  • Pile wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with the change? Seems like I can only change my activity reset time.

Your activity reset time is what drives all the other times. You’re changing more than just your payout time when you make the change.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    This is the best QoL update since the game began. Thanks a bunch for it. I'm immediately enjoying the game more because now it's much more convenient for me.
  • My 6/7pm payouts were the main reason I quit the game for 9 months last year.

Coming home and secretively trying to climb in arena, when I should be playing with my son or having dinner with my family, was soul crushing. Now my payouts are at 9/10pm and I can enjoy the game guilt free.

Thanks for this, probably the best single update that's ever been made to the game.
  • Prob obvious question but where do you effect the change in game? Settings?
  • Thanks for the change!

Buuuut I'm already going to change it back, lol! My arena payouts were a pain, but I was happy with my bonus energy times. Now my payout is going to be convenient, but I'll miss the last bonus energy. All things considered, I'd rather have the extra energy.

That said--this is an incredibly helpful tool for the folks with non-standard schedules, or folks who started playing while on vacation in another timezone (which happened to a friend of mine).
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I appreciate this change.

With that said, my goal was to change each season so I can keep a consistent local payout time regardless of Daylight Savings. And I have to wait until next November now, because we get only 2 changes per 365 days. If I change now, I can change again in the spring, and then next November I'm stuck for a month. And rinse and repeat every year. Only solution I see is to ride this out until spring, then start changing starting next November.

Still better than no option at all, but I wish there was a way around this.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Thanks for the change!

Buuuut I'm already going to change it back, lol! My arena payouts were a pain, but I was happy with my bonus energy times. Now my payout is going to be convenient, but I'll miss the last bonus energy. All things considered, I'd rather have the extra energy.

That said--this is an incredibly helpful tool for the folks with non-standard schedules, or folks who started playing while on vacation in another timezone (which happened to a friend of mine).

I was wondering about this too. Or if people were so used to having bonus energy at certain times they would change back.
    TVF wrote: »

With that said, my goal was to change each season so I can keep a consistent local payout time regardless of Daylight Savings. And I have to wait until next November now, because we get only 2 changes per 365 days. If I change now, I can change again in the spring, and then next November I'm stuck for a month. And rinse and repeat every year. Only solution I see is to ride this out until spring, then start changing starting next November.

Yes. This is why I chose 6am est, so it would be 7am when we “spring forward”
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    TVF wrote: »

Yes. For the very reason you stated, I't would be better if the 2 changes just reset globally for everyone every January 1 as opposed to just giving you 365 days before the count resets.

@CG_SBCrumb Any chance you guys would consider this so we can always stay insync with DST and not have to wait out one of our resets either now or next fall?
    Post edited by 7AnimalMother on
  • This change is huge for me. No more missing out on playing, or risking the wrath of my wife. Thanks for letting us find our own balance!
  • Agreed with all the positive points made so far. Surprised it took 3 years, but I'll take it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Yes! I also quit this game for a time over this, I’m so glad this change is here