Logray not Farmable for C3PO event...

Replies

• Liath wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »

We re in a farming shift with new toons being added and new content released and no more toons in store.

I do feel like they will need to either rework stores or add a new one (Grand Arena tokens maybe?) at some point. There are only so many nodes left that don't have characters on them.

I guess they could double up like they've been doing with ships, but...eh.

They could also introduce level 90 and new tiers of everything.

This is long overdue
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

We re in a farming shift with new toons being added and new content released and no more toons in store.

I do feel like they will need to either rework stores or add a new one (Grand Arena tokens maybe?) at some point. There are only so many nodes left that don't have characters on them.

giphy.gif

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• They’ve been farmable for a long long time. Sorry not sorry.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Some marquees will probably never see 4*
    (Sith fighter) unless I have to for an event or if they become part of a great team for some pve event.
    Word of advice: Farm Sith Fighter to 5* at the very minimum ASAP

Sith Marauder you mean? Why farm to 5* asap??

Sith fighter is the ship. The implication being you will need it for a new legendary ship (or capital ship) event. (Note: whether that has any basis in fact, I haven’t a clue.)
  • 5* also maxes the reinforcement which is pretty decent.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Logray is farmable, just not really panic-farmable unless you're already close to 7* (or 5*, if you just want the unlock). Unfortunately he's probably the most important ewok behind Chirpa.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Logray was released on 10/18/17 alongside Paploo and Wicket. He was not a Marquee character (this was pre-Release Cadence), but he was immediately placed in the Guild Store. Paploo was placed on the cantina table, and Wicket was only farmable via Endor Escalation.

There's a difference between "Logray is not farmable" and "I cannot get my current ?-star Logray to 7* in 2 weeks". You could not get a Wicket from 3* to 7* in two weeks (without spending a TON of crystals) and Logray is no exception.

Everyone decides on their own farming priorities. Players who didn't farm 5 Ewoks earlier are now wishing they had - but they might have missed out on earlier things that they farmed instead. This is a resource-management game, and everyone has to decide where their resources go. Crystals (and money) can help you accelerate development and give you more resources if you feel "behind."
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    Logray was released on 10/18/17 alongside Paploo and Wicket. He was not a Marquee character (this was pre-Release Cadence), but he was immediately placed in the Guild Store. Paploo was placed on the cantina table, and Wicket was only farmable via Endor Escalation.

There's a difference between "Logray is not farmable" and "I cannot get my current ?-star Logray to 7* in 2 weeks". You could not get a Wicket from 3* to 7* in two weeks (without spending a TON of crystals) and Logray is no exception.

Everyone decides on their own farming priorities. Players who didn't farm 5 Ewoks earlier are now wishing they had - but they might have missed out on earlier things that they farmed instead. This is a resource-management game, and everyone has to decide where their resources go. Crystals (and money) can help you accelerate development and give you more resources if you feel "behind."

Let me correct your math. I can’t get my 10/100 logray to seven stars in a 3 months even while crystal refreshing.
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Logray was released on 10/18/17 alongside Paploo and Wicket. He was not a Marquee character (this was pre-Release Cadence), but he was immediately placed in the Guild Store. Paploo was placed on the cantina table, and Wicket was only farmable via Endor Escalation.

Let me correct your math. I can’t get my 10/100 logray to seven stars in a 3 months even while crystal refreshing.

That's your negative confirmation bias of your Guild Store RNG. Even if Logray ONLY showed up twice weekly, you would collect 120 shards in those three months. No crystal refreshes required. Stop complaining because of a small sample size observation.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »

That's your negative confirmation bias of your Guild Store RNG. Even if Logray ONLY showed up twice weekly, you would collect 120 shards in those three months. No crystal refreshes required. Stop complaining because of a small sample size observation.

Logray rotates with 6 toons and clearly has reduced odds so I accept your estimation that with average rng you should expect about 120 shards in 3 months.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Yes, to @Vendi1983 . So many players don't understand this concept.

@Olddumper If you think there's a bug with the frequency with which Logray appears in the Guild store, then report it on AnswersHQ. Logray shares a node with 5 other characters. Assuming an equal percentage chance for each (which is not guaranteed, but to my knowledge the Devs haven't ever shared the appearance ratios), that means that each time the store refreshes there is a ~17% chance to see Logray in that one node.

Assuming an even weight for each of the toons, Logray should appear ~4 times per week (20 shards per week). If you refresh the store once daily, he should show up ~5 times per week instead. Even at that rate, you would need 3.5 weeks to get Logray to 7* from 10/100.

However, probability is not a guarantee of the actual rate. Logray could show up 0 times in a week, or 28 times (although 0 is much more likely than 28, since the probability is only for 4 appearance).

Remember that one player watching the store for weeks or months is still a very small sample size and not indicative of the true appearance rate. We would need thousands of data points to really give us an appropriate sample size to begin drawing conclusions, and even then it would only be within a certain confidence level.
  • Every single Ewok has been farmable for a very long time. Every single one.

Beginner Cantina nodes, beginner level hard nodes, galactic war shipments, and guild currency shipments. The only one that is more end game of a farm is wicket but he’s been around for almost a year with his event, and has been a hard mode farm for quite awhile now.

Even just from bronzoniums you should have EE and Scout almost 7*. The others should be no issue to 5* at least.

I’m usually on the side bashing the devs for their short notice panic farms that require mass crystal hoarding or spending $400 (see Jedi Revenue). But this isn’t one of them. This is a faction that while you may not have geared up or moded properly, isn’t really excusable to not have them starred up.

My advice? Farm what you can to 5*, unlock C3PO to use him and theory craft and the second run through. 7* him.
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    Yes, to @Vendi1983 . So many players don't understand this concept.

@Olddumper If you think there's a bug with the frequency with which Logray appears in the Guild store, then report it on AnswersHQ. Logray shares a node with 5 other characters. Assuming an equal percentage chance for each (which is not guaranteed, but to my knowledge the Devs haven't ever shared the appearance ratios), that means that each time the store refreshes there is a ~17% chance to see Logray in that one node.

Assuming an even weight for each of the toons, Logray should appear ~4 times per week (20 shards per week). If you refresh the store once daily, he should show up ~5 times per week instead. Even at that rate, you would need 3.5 weeks to get Logray to 7* from 10/100.

However, probability is not a guarantee of the actual rate. Logray could show up 0 times in a week, or 28 times (although 0 is much more likely than 28, since the probability is only for 4 appearance).

Remember that one player watching the store for weeks or months is still a very small sample size and not indicative of the true appearance rate. We would need thousands of data points to really give us an appropriate sample size to begin drawing conclusions, and even then it would only be within a certain confidence level.

I don’t think there is a bug. I think Rex Ob and Kylo are set to show up more often because people actually care about them.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Every single Ewok has been farmable for a very long time. Every single one.

Beginner Cantina nodes, beginner level hard nodes, galactic war shipments, and guild currency shipments. The only one that is more end game of a farm is wicket but he’s been around for almost a year with his event, and has been a hard mode farm for quite awhile now.

Even just from bronzoniums you should have EE and Scout almost 7*. The others should be no issue to 5* at least.

I’m usually on the side bashing the devs for their short notice panic farms that require mass crystal hoarding or spending $400 (see Jedi Revenue). But this isn’t one of them. This is a faction that while you may not have geared up or moded properly, isn’t really excusable to not have them starred up.

My advice? Farm what you can to 5*, unlock C3PO to use him and theory craft and the second run through. 7* him.

I don’t think anybody is complaining that the requirements for C3PO are too hard I think we are all just pointing out that put a toon behind a 6 man rotation isn’t in line with the rest of the game. It also fits the greater theme that the devs completely disrespect and ignore already released content.
  • Don't worry, next we will have to farm Tuskens for Luke
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

I don’t think anybody is complaining that the requirements for C3PO are too hard I think we are all just pointing out that put a toon behind a 6 man rotation isn’t in line with the rest of the game. It also fits the greater theme that the devs completely disrespect and ignore already released content.

Who's "we" in that sentence?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    It’s a secret.
  • Olddumper wrote: »

No but you’re conplaing logray is where he’s at. My whole point is he’s been there forever. And this isn’t anything new either. Remember the locations for certain Phoenix for thrawn?
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

No but you’re conplaing logray is where he’s at. My whole point is he’s been there forever. And this isn’t anything new either. Remember the locations for certain Phoenix for thrawn?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1710464#Comment_1710464

Follow the links in this thread and set how long everybody has though his location is dumb.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Who's "everybody" in that sentence?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Liath wrote: »

giphy.gif

Why is Count Dooku wearing that hat?

ETA: I never knew he played guitar either. I guess I have to read up on my Dooku canon....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Montanz wrote: »
    I dont want to play the conspiracy theory card as im a firm believer in rng.. But i was making very steady progress on logray (5-10 shards a day) until 3p0 was announced and now im actually spending 50 crystals a day for a cheeky refresh + checking the store every refresh and havent seen him once..... The game knows.... hahaha

It's not a conspiracy, it's true. Chirpa, who was probably an easy farm, now has terrible drop rates. I will say though, I've been doing very well with Paploo.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    LastJedi13 wrote: »
    Montanz wrote: »
    I dont want to play the conspiracy theory card as im a firm believer in rng.. But i was making very steady progress on logray (5-10 shards a day) until 3p0 was announced and now im actually spending 50 crystals a day for a cheeky refresh + checking the store every refresh and havent seen him once..... The game knows.... hahaha

It's not a conspiracy, it's true. Chirpa, who was probably an easy farm, now has terrible drop rates.

No. Same drop rate as always.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I only need 10 shards, he hasn’t been available all week. Sigh
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Do you know how long he’s been there though? And he’s not a mandatory character. Will he help? Certainly given his kit. But you can still get him
  • Ultra wrote: »
    (Sith fighter) unless I have to for an event or if they become part of a great team for some pve event.

Actually was thinking of farming all toons to 5* now
  • Don't worry, next we will have to farm Tuskens for Luke
    Already done.

Never stop farming. Farm every character. You can get a character to g8 in the blink of an eye, getting them to 7* taoes longer.
    LastJedi13 wrote: »
    Montanz wrote: »

It's not a conspiracy, it's true. Chirpa, who was probably an easy farm, now has terrible drop rates. I will say though, I've been doing very well with Paploo.
    This is either thr greatest troll job or the least self-aware post. No middle ground.
    Ultra wrote: »

Actually was thinking of farming all toons to 5* now
    App characters to 7*. Sooner started sooner finished and you don’t have to sweat it when new legendaries come out.

Panic farming gear is much cheapper than panic farming characters.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Do you know how long he’s been there though? And he’s not a mandatory character. Will he help? Certainly given his kit. But you can still get him

I don't remember how/when I unlocked him exactly, I'm just 10 away from 7* an nothing for the past four days. rng. I guess.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • All store toons should be farmed to 7* before using store credits for anything else. If you don’t its on you. No excuses for not having store toons ready for events.
    Ooba hutar.
  • All store toons should be farmed to 7* before using store credits for anything else. If you don’t its on you. No excuses for not having store toons ready for events.

Well I’m still short on Eeth Koth and Mob Enforcer...I’m toast....lmao