Nest bug fix, refund zeta please [MERGE]

Replies

• So again unit was nerfed based on original gameplay. Zetas were refunded for Daka based on exploiting the paper zombie/ventress debacle.
  • My issue is that they waited all this time to “fix” the issue, and only did so when it was found she could stonewall Revanue. Nor did they make mention of it in the patch notes unless I missed something somewhere.
  • Nest was nothing to Revanue and that is probably not reason for fix.
  • Shockers wrote: »
    So again unit was nerfed based on original gameplay. Zetas were refunded for Daka based on exploiting the paper zombie/ventress debacle.

Taunt ignore and health steal have nothing to do with any of this. Her zeta has zero impact on what you're describing.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    It’s not a nerf

Nest was bugged and they fixed it. They fixed it now because the Nest bug can only occur against Revan lead so it remained hidden
  • ThisYeezy wrote: »
    Shockers wrote: »
    So again unit was nerfed based on original gameplay. Zetas were refunded for Daka based on exploiting the paper zombie/ventress debacle.

Taunt ignore and health steal have nothing to do with any of this. Her zeta has zero impact on what you're describing.

But gameplay is the big reason to zeta a toon. We don’t zeta rose because she sucks am I right?
  • 1. This behavior was not flagged as inappropriate earlier, because Sith Maurader was the only accessible toon pre-Revan that could reduce a character's maximum health. Now it can be seen because of the health reduction effect of Revan's leadership.
    2. Many changes enter the game that aren't in the patch notes (which I personally do not like - the devs should definitely have a change log of everything that changed, and let us know).
    3. Daka's zeta was refunded because they significantly changed the functionality of Zombie and knew that it might make players want to focus on different characters instead. That was a very high-drama, contentious game change, and was a special situation. The devs have never refunded a zeta because of a bug fix. Nest retains the same functionality against all non-Revan squads, and his zeta has nothing to do with his bonus protection. It seems unlikely that correcting this bug would trigger a zeta refund.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    My issue is that they waited all this time to “fix” the issue, and only did so when it was found she could stonewall Revanue. Nor did they make mention of it in the patch notes unless I missed something somewhere.

Patch notes are with December chalender, lol

• Ultra wrote: »
    It’s not a nerf

Nest was bugged and they fixed it. They fixed it now because the Nest bug can only occur against Revan lead so it remained hidden

If they made any changes it should be in the update notes and it isn't. The evidence points to a change. An update and explanation would be nice.

@CG_SBCrumb - you folks looking into this?
  • Buried again in a sub forum. @Kyno was it you again. Can’t ley the people talk bad about the product can you.
  • Just tag developers in it and they'll see it anyway. Doesn't matter what sub-section. And it'll stay near the top of "Recent Discussions" too.
  • Shockers wrote: »
    Buried again in a sub forum. @Kyno was it you again. Can’t ley the people talk bad about the product can you.

He moved it because you're talking about a character. So the character subforum is a good place for it.

And the at least half dozen other threads on the exact same subject.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    My issue is that they waited all this time to “fix” the issue, and only did so when it was found she could stonewall Revanue. Nor did they make mention of it in the patch notes unless I missed something somewhere.

The bug was reported 1 month ago. It took them 1 month to fix the issue. That’s pretty quick compared to what we are used to.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Nest-protection-up-against-Revan/td-p/7152662

• jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    AnswersHQ has already had this reported to them, and is flagging it for review.

That doesn't mean it's a bug - it was flagged for review pre-patch also. It means the QA team is investigating so they know what the intended functionality is, and whether the current behavior matches their intent.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Nest-protection-up-against-Revan/m-p/7152662#M19826
  • It's been covered now by a developer post announcing it.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    It's been covered now by a developer post announcing it.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189209/bonus-protection-calculation-changes#latest

There you go! It was a bug before, and this is the way it's supposed to work. It also now matches the description of the skill, so that's good.
  • Sorry but The change that nie, so it's really pink off, couse I put only zeta on him and gear him to 12 couse I fight vs revan. So after that they change that. So now pls refund fu zeta , and materials from 11 to 12 gear.
  • Nest wasnt even remotely a problem for revan, so i seriously doubt he is the impetus for the fix. They probably just didnt see it until now
  • Nest wasnt even remotely a problem for revan, so i seriously doubt he is the impetus for the fix. They probably just didnt see it until now

I was able to auto any revan team with scoundrels until today. Makes it harder for me. Now i need to try and not just walk away while revan gets smashed on auto.
    Oh well, it was a bug.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189209/bonus-protection-calculation-changes#latest

It is WAI.

This also doesnt seem to be a change from WAD (mostly because we dont have a real description of this). There is no change to the in game description, this will likely not be leading to any refunds, but that's just a guess.
  • So what you're saying crumb is that best was never WAI but it's taken however many months to figure out and it just happens to coincide with a rough time frame of FTP maxing her star count.
    If this was known previously and put in the too hard basket the community has the right to be upset.
    Had I known this 2 weeks ago I wouldn't have wasted a zeta on her as now she becomes yet another rudundat character in a long line of redundant marquee characters
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member

So here is the answer. They forget to tell the community they change a major mechanic of a character. How often is this happening?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Whales get everything. I don't mind they get toons first, they need to get something. But they shouldn't also get nerfs to existing kits when they complain.

I don't like tin foil hats but this one fits too perfectly.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Halo
    98 posts Member
    Aka_mannah wrote: »
    So what you're saying crumb is that best was never WAI but it's taken however many months to figure out and it just happens to coincide with a rough time frame of FTP maxing her star count.
    If this was known previously and put in the too hard basket the community has the right to be upset.
    Had I known this 2 weeks ago I wouldn't have wasted a zeta on her as now she becomes yet another rudundat character in a long line of redundant marquee characters

No

Nest was WAI until Revan, which was what, a month ago or so? At that point she was bugged when Revan applied his max health down mechanic on her, as I don’t believe any other character can do that to her.

She’s still very good, just not as good against Revan now. Stop whinging.
  • Way to contradict yourself pal...
    Was WAI, but now not because of reasons...
    Logic evades you my friend
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Halo wrote: »
    So what you're saying crumb is that best was never WAI but it's taken however many months to figure out and it just happens to coincide with a rough time frame of FTP maxing her star count.

No

Nest was WAI until Revan, which was what, a month ago or so? At that point she was bugged when Revan applied his max health down mechanic on her, as I don’t believe any other character can do that to her.

And they just noticed now? And forgot to mention they changed it?

Come on.
  • Not soooo often. But it usually happens whenever the toon has been farmable just long enough for F2P players to 7* it.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Kyno wrote: »

They never intended Nest to be a counter to Revan. Because they never intended anything to be able to counter Revan. Because money. Got it.

I guess it just took a while for the whale complaints to make it up to the high command.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Halo wrote: »

No

And they just noticed now? And forgot to mention they changed it?

Come on.

Yeah. This. They just happened to forget they were nerfing one of the buzziest chars in the game? Bull.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

They never intended Nest to be a counter to Revan. Because they never intended anything to be able to counter Revan. Because money. Got it.

I guess it just took a while for the whale complaints to make it up to the high command.

Nah, they always adress bugs super fast. Anyone remember teebo bug in the rancor? lmao