Nest bug fix, refund zeta please [MERGE]

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited December 2018
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Dave12 wrote: »
    “Only?” This was how you counteracted a Revan team. This is a huge deal in Arena, and it seems the “this is not what we intended” is really “oh crud, our Revan p2p players are getting upset”
    No

If you read what the bug fix was about you would know that the only way Nest users were beating Revan was by exploiting a bug

They weren't exploiting a bug. That's how she worked out the gate. They came in later after everyone built her up to counter Revan and said oops our bad, but you'll still take the lose. It's becoming a recurring theme that can only be chalked up to ineptitude.

I think it being a bug is undeniable. However the issue then becomes is it our fault for not catching their mistake? I'd say it's not, and I think it's fair to be upset. Players assumed the product they got was working as it should, and invested accordingly. And I'm not a Nest user, btw.
    They used to do a bug bin that would let players know about KNOWN bugs that they will address sometime in the future (weeks or months ahead) and I really miss that feature. It would let people know weeks / months ahead that the Nest Protection up is marked as a bug and CG would get around to fixing it eventually or if any other toon they are working towards has an issue they didn't know about

• Great timing. 1 day before a new pvp mode sounds like a great day to nerf the most popular character!
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Dave12 wrote: »
    “Only?” This was how you counteracted a Revan team. This is a huge deal in Arena, and it seems the “this is not what we intended” is really “oh crud, our Revan p2p players are getting upset”
    No

If you read what the bug fix was about you would know that the only way Nest users were beating Revan was by exploiting a bug

nice try CG.
    and really now. it isnt a bug, they just wanted to change it because it hurts Revan's dominance.
    if they change this, they should now change DN stacking to be more and more (lets say he start with 50K. first 10% is 5K. next is 5.5K. next one is 6.1K and so on...) and same with FoX, his stacking should be the same stacking - counted with the CURRENT HP. same with Daka zetad.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited December 2018
    FoX and DN stacking is based on current HP like you described and always has been like that afaik

EDIT: Not a CG shill, but I do work in Software Security

Here's a small lesson in Software Security that is applied to things like bugs and vulnerabilities, there is a concept of probability of likelihood of a vulnerability being exploited AND the impact of the exploit,

Basically, no system is bug free and if anyone says there is no bugs in my program they don't know a thing about security. The example to use here would be a wall called Enfys Nest. This wall had a hole 3 feet from the ground level. There was water filled up to 2 feet high from the ground at the time of release. This is acceptable. As long as nobody can reach the hole and exploit it, its ok to release a product aka the wall (Enfys Nest) without patching the hole. There might be a few edge cases where someone might be able to take advantage of it (using Nest against Jango Fett) but the impact of being exploited is really low (not many players running Jango).

Spending time / cost on fixing a hole that will never be reached is pointless. What Jedi Knight Revan did was add 1 more feet of water, causing water to leak through the hole and cause a big upset.

The most important question before deciding to work on a bug is the Impact. How much impact does this vulnerability have in the game. This exploit ranked High, since it affected a lot of important PvP modes, which means CG had to rush over and put a band-aid on it real quick and ignore other more important bugs to fix
  • From CG_Crumbs comments, this was an issue affecting all characters that modify max health, they just happened to discover it via a bug report on Nest they investigated. So it's not an intentional nerf, it's the correction of a systemic issue.

That said, I've not put a zeta on Nest, but many players invested heavily in her over several months based on her existing gameplay. Bug or not, those folks deserve an optional refund of their zeta like CG did with Daka.
  • Strubz wrote: »
    I've seen a lot of refund requests over the years in this game. This is the first one that truly blows my mind.

1. The zeta has nothing to do with the change.

2 The change only affects toons that stack a decrease in max health which is pretty much only Revan.

3. Revan was released very far after Nest and is literally a hard counter to Nest by design.

4. Don't use Nest against Revan you dummies.

5. Most importantly, Nest is still, by far, one of the top 10 best overall toons in the game and, in my opinion, the second best plug and play toon with any squad (first is Thrawn).

6. Don't use Nest against Revan you kittens. Bears repeating.

7. People are stupid and probably won’t pay attention to the first 6 points unfortunately
  • Really not good business practice... when you put out a char that's so OP, just to get ppl to "buy" a marquee. Then turnaround and nerf it.

THIS IS BECOMING A REOCCURRING THEME.
  • What happened? Which character got nerfed, after people were tricked into buying it?
  • They nerfed both Sion and Nest.
  • I think that it was more about making them work as intended.
  • Harlow
    348 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Define intended... especially after the money's been spent. Not only on the char. But leveling, mods, and gearing

That's my question to CG.
  • That was not a nerf.
  • Sion's new taunt appears to be a bug, and Nest is just fine (albeit requiring tenacity mods to combat Revan now).

Their marquees were literally 6 and 9 months ago...they've been f2p farmable for quite some time, and the players who whaled on them were quite happy with them for a very long time. So, I'm still struggling to understand how CG "tricked" anyone into spending money.
  • Title says it all. Those that invested in Nest, Are we getting a refund on the zeta we spent on a toon that’s been “bugged” since launch? This feels like a Daka escapade all over again. Trying to be as civil as possible and I’m thrilled with the new additions to this game, but would like some kind of answer. She was a key toon that I was going to be using for In Grand Arena as a stumbling block for Revan teams. Now she is useless.
  • Keep drinking the koolaid.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Harlow wrote: »
    Really not good business practice... when you put out a char that's so OP, just to get ppl to "buy" a marquee. Then turnaround and nerf it.

THIS IS BECOMING A REOCCURRING THEME.

I mean, not really.
  • Ah man that nest Nerf is so nasty
  • How long are we gonna take... "Not working at intended" as an excuse for sorry we robbed you.
  • They keep it vague so they can Nerf your investments like this :)

Good day
  • Title says it all. Those that invested in Nest, Are we getting a refund on the zeta we spent on a toon that’s been “bugged” since launch? This feels like a Daka escapade all over again. Trying to be as civil as possible and I’m thrilled with the new additions to this game, but would like some kind of answer. She was a key toon that I was going to be using for In Grand Arena as a stumbling block for Revan teams. Now she is useless.

She's far from useless (except perhaps in the anti-Revan capacity, which she was never great at to begin with).

Also - the ability she gains with her zeta hasn't changed. At all. The zeta part of her ability works just as it did before.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Refund the zeta?? You guys are funny.

Use your brai... ahem... i mean tenacity to counter health reduction from jedi, keep your max health and big shields.
  • Sion taunt vs Traya cleanse is just code priority
  • DHanks23 wrote: »
    From CG_Crumbs comments, this was an issue affecting all characters that modify max health, they just happened to discover it via a bug report on Nest they investigated. So it's not an intentional nerf, it's the correction of a systemic issue.

That said, I've not put a zeta on Nest, but many players invested heavily in her over several months based on her existing gameplay. Bug or not, those folks deserve an optional refund of their zeta like CG did with Daka.

And I still don't get this - the zeta part still works just as it did. Nothing has changed.

Also, Nest is still just as powerful as she was before, except when facing Revan (and possibly Jango). If you built Nest specifically for that purpose, well then I'm not sure what to tell you. She was never that good at that role to begin with - the max health drain was going to end you in a turn or two anyways - as evidenced by the fact that the top of arena shards are full of Revans and not Nests.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • It certainly looks like a nerf. Considering how hard she is to farm I would be pretty ticked off for the carpet to be pulled underneath my feet. If there was going to be a change then it should have been announced when the change was being developed. Not in the 9th hour of a new event where dare I say people would be using her to counter Revan teams.
    SWGOH Guild: Peace Is A Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Well we know CG are capable of fixing issues when they arise through hotfixes which would have happened when revan was first released and the interaction was identified. But it's not until now, similar to bossk Nerf, it's disgusting

She's far from useless (except perhaps in the anti-Revan capacity, which she was never great at to begin with).

Also - the ability she gains with her zeta hasn't changed. At all. The zeta part of her ability works just as it did before.

I’m well aware of what her zeta does. My problem is I invested a zeta in a toon bc of how her kit interacted. “Fixing” her kit to go by her current health instead of her starting health for bonus protection changes everything. If this was stated in her kit description or on the forums I wouldn’t have spent a zeta on her, but would have used it on someone more viable to my current in game needs.
  • I went from arena rank in the 50s to 100s to 2 days ago came in at 185 and today at 212. I run Nest.. Correlation?
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Harlow wrote: »
    Keep drinking the koolaid.
    I would if you would pass some of it around ;)
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Nest-protection-up-against-Revan/td-p/7152662

As@scuba pointed out this was flagged as a bug a month ago

It is and always was a bug
  • When Qira Nest could take out an entire Jedi team led by Bastila, you did nothing. Why now?