Why punish the 'good guys'?

Prev1
'This is a resource management, strategy game', we've all heard so many times.

So, people come up with stategies. Strategies that require heavy investment, in hope that a bit more will come back if being persistent.

Like spending ~125 crystals each day to get ht faster.
And exactly once the farm is done, the same node becomes a mandatory farm and you can restart.

Or like spending ALL your fleet energy from day1 on a specific char (instead of eg stun cuffs), and equipping ~10k crystals worth of gear on him.
Which becomes obselete on the exact day of finishing it.

Why change these? Why punish people who plan ahead and manage their resources smartly in a resource management game?

Is the goal intentionally to avoid people thinking, and just buying things mindlessly?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    If ajengo went on a different node, you would still be farming him, I'm not sure how it's a punishment that they put him on a node that you just finished. The same amount of resources would be used to farm him no matter where they put him (to some extent, due to different cost on nodes).

(Nest is a her)

Obsolete?...Really?
  • Getting Jango Fett and Nest is "mandatory?" News to me.

How about new players? Getting HT and Jango on the same node really sucks for them, I bet!

How about people who - and it may come as a shock, but these people do exist - didn't immediately start farming Hound's Tooth and buying refreshes as soon as it became available?

Just because it's inconvenient for you personally doesn't mean it's the worst decision for everyone. Forums represent a tiny, tiny subset of the people playing. The overwhelming majority likely don't care at all.

Lest you think I'm biased here, I already have a 7* Hound's Tooth and I do plan on farming Jango. I'll personally enjoy getting a ton of shard shop currency while I'm at it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Roope_immortal
    114 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Jarvind wrote: »
    How about people who - and it may come as a shock, but these people do exist - didn't immediately start farming Hound's Tooth and buying refreshes as soon as it became available?

Exactly my problem. People not having prioritised the most powerful ship in the game should be at a disadvantage.
    Instead, if they only start farming it now, not only do they get the ship from the same energy, but also a Jango fett 7* for free, as a bonus gift.
    For people who made the good decision, do not get this bonus Jango gift.

You should not be rewarding players who make bad (=illogical) decisions.
  • But all the while they’re farming HT and Jango to 7* whilst you’re just farming just Jango to 7*, you have 7* HT and a ton of shard shop currency.

Sounds like you guys getting rewarded.

• Or how about the people that accurately predicted Jango being added to that particular Hard Node, and didn't go full boar because of it? Shouldn't they be rewarded for their patience and foresight? They should, and I am.

It's not a bad decision to not farm HT immediately if you had other priorities already. I just finished the OR hard nodes, so now I have the flexibility to focus on HT and Jango.
  • Jarvind wrote: »

Exactly my problem. People not having prioritised the most powerful ship in the game should be at a disadvantage.
    Instead, if they only start farming it now, not only do they get the ship from the same energy, but also a Jango fett 7* for free, as a bonus gift.

I never farmed HT, and I’ve kept top 5 in fleet arena the entire time while my hard mate farmed it to 7-Stars. It’s not that hard to compete with HT if you adjust your strategy. So... I’m delighted about Jango landing on that node.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • These types of "double ups" help to keep the game more accessible for beginning players. No one would start if it would take them 3 years to get to where I am right now. Like Kyno mentioned...if Jango had been sprung on the node right before HT - we would still need to spend the same amount of energy farming him.
    It's more of an "awe shucks" moment than getting screwed.
  • Exactly my problem. People not having prioritised the most powerful ship in the game should be at a disadvantage.

They are. You have the Hounds Tooth at 7 stars. They don't. If they farm it the F2P way, they won't have it at 7 stars for months. That's your advantage.

Sweet lord, do you not realize how unbelievably goofy you sound right now?

"People who don't play the way I do should SUFFER for it."

Get over yourself. It's a game. Go outside. Jesus.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Lol i was focused on more important farm ( from my perspective ) and i started farm HT few days ago, adding Jango in same node is amazing addon! Great job , many >2mil gp will love you for this decission.
  • Not yet started HT, not yet started Jango. Though I won't start either for a little longer I am glad that they are on the same node.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Kyno wrote: »
    If ajengo went on a different node, you would still be farming him, I'm not sure how it's a punishment that they put him on a node that you just finished. The same amount of resources would be used to farm him no matter where they put him (to some extent, due to different cost on nodes).

(Nest is a her)

Obsolete?...Really?

Not only that, but since you need to farm him anyways, The HT shards you get will convert into shard tokens, instead of if they would've put him into a node alone.
  • Im at 1.4m gp, ive made the decision to invest my ftp crystals heavily onto maxing my bounty hunter ships and toons as fast and as high as possible. I get the feeling that as soon as i get IG2000 to 7* a new republic ship will come out that can dismantle my fleet at 3*. Or maybe im being cynical :/
  • I personally think it's awesome. As soon as I'm done Shoretrooper I know where all my energy is going 2-for-1! Same as Sion and KRCS. Sion is still level 1 but almost 6* just from farming the Command Shuttle.
  • I'm on the same boat as you OP, it would have been amazing if jango went to the xanadu blood node, but that was too much to expect. On the other hand, be happy we have a 6 star HT (I finished it yesterday) and we can keep farming stun cuffs and shard shop currency.

(I keep it positive so I don't throw my phone away)

I never farmed HT, and I’ve kept top 5 in fleet arena the entire time while my hard mate farmed it to 7-Stars. It’s not that hard to compete with HT if you adjust your strategy. So... I’m delighted about Jango landing on that node.
    I don’t know how u kept top 5 without just got trolled by a starter guild player because he lacks the skills to beat better defensive fleets in top 5. I have HT on farm so I don’t have to waste time on players that lack skill. Took a few weeks to easily beat HT running ackbar (tarkin a lot easier) but throwing one on so I can be dodged as save my fights for better purposes. It’s not as easy as it looks for newer players as I couldn’t beat until I was within 5k FP running ackbar. I started 40k down with all 3 players top 5 that started playing weeks before me.

• Stick
    647 posts Member
    Just like a boy in high school who has no luck with women , he deems himself the nice guy. That’s what you’re doing when you call yourself and your behaviour “ the good guy “

Why are you the good guy ? Since when do you get to decide you’re the good guy. Doesn’t seem to me that “ the good guys “ get on a forum and just complain about the game.
    Ever been called an A - hole in real life ? It’s becaise the people around you decided that. You don’t get to decide that you’re the good guy. Perhaps you don’t understand how the game works as well as you think you do , if all your planning doesn’t pay off. Or maybe you just don’t have the devs all figured out.
  • Thought about it some more, jango plus cuffs and extra shard shop currency. Its not that bad really lol. You win this round @Kyno
  • I'm on the same boat as you OP, it would have been amazing if jango went to the xanadu blood node, but that was too much to expect. On the other hand, be happy we have a 6 star HT (I finished it yesterday) and we can keep farming stun cuffs and shard shop currency.

(I keep it positive so I don't throw my phone away)

Wait untill you finish Xanadu Blood and darkside Bastila gets added to that node.
  • Stick wrote: »
    Just like a boy in high school who has no luck with women , he deems himself the nice guy. That’s what you’re doing when you call yourself and your behaviour “ the good guy “

Why are you the good guy ? Since when do you get to decide you’re the good guy. Doesn’t seem to me that “ the good guys “ get on a forum and just complain about the game.
    Ever been called an A - hole in real life ? It’s becaise the people around you decided that. You don’t get to decide that you’re the good guy. Perhaps you don’t understand how the game works as well as you think you do , if all your planning doesn’t pay off. Or maybe you just don’t have the devs all figured out.

Wow, somebody took it way too personal
  • I'm one of the lucky ones. I actively avoided Hound's Tooth for now, even as good a ship as it was, because I already 7*'d the char that shared the node.

So my patience has paid off. Now I have two drops I want on the same node.

But I can understand how much of a "**** move" this seems to be. It's timed in such a way that to be added to a node that people have recently or nearly finished farming, if they wanted the ship quickly.
  • Other people getting nice things is not you getting punished.
    Still not a he.
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    I don't see the issue here.
    would I have liked Jango to go to the same node as xb (my current ds farm) sure.
    oh well there are lots of things I would like that don't happen. now I have 2 ls hard farms no big deal just means more shard shop currency and cuffs (yes cuffs are also on that node with Jango and HT)
  • Rather than an ongoing back and forth I think the OP and those like minded just need to accept it, not be so self centered, and move on. If you want to complain about yet another marquee being plopped on a single hard node then I'm all for that as I'm sure many others are, but you're upset at CG for doing something awesome for 90%+ of the community and every new player moving forward.
  • you literally don't have to farm characters if you don't want. no one forced you to spend crystals on refreshes or to get the hounds tooth. Even if for the sake of doing better in fleet, it's not impossible to do well without it

have to debate the powerful comment on ht as my early shard slices it down with ease everyday lol. But it is powerful when u r under 200k Fp once those 7* ships get to it it goes down very fast with basics lol.

• Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Jarvind wrote: »

They ARE at a disadvantage. You have a 7* Hounds Tooth (stars counts are VERY important for HT) while they are still stuck at 3 stars because they never bothered farming him waiting for some toon to show up on that node with no foresight.

Its not like these people who ignored farming Hounds Tooth will have that ship to seven stars overnight and will be taking #1 in fleets

2. You are right, this game rewards illogical decisions. When Anakin's ship or any other future ship goes to hard nodes, just ignore farming that ship until CG MAYBE releases a another toon on that node in 6 months that you haven't farmed yet