Omega priority for ewoks

So I decided to hop aboard the panic farm. I unfortunately will not have wicket and logray farmed in time so I'm going with the other 5 ewoks. I have chirpa 98 shards from 7* and paploo is 60 from 7 but I'm gonna spend more resources on gear at first since I'm missing the key ewoks. But onto the question. I only have abilities maxed on scout but no omegas on the others. I have just about enough omegas to max 1 ewoks abilities and I would like to save 10 just incase for chirpas zeta but between chirpa, paploo, elder and teebo how should I prioritize their omegas until the event starts?

Replies

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I'd still go for wicket and logray, but have scout/teebo just in case

I think Tribal Unity is the best omega out of all the options, and then go just try to boost basics from there. Maybe EE's revive omega, to reduce the cd
  • Here’s a link to a Reddit post from a guy who knows his stuff about ewoks. He was interviewed by MobileGamer in one of his latest videos.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/a25zng/a_quickish_guide_to_murderbears/
  • HK666 wrote: »
    I'd still go for wicket and logray, but have scout/teebo just in case

I think Tribal Unity is the best omega out of all the options, and then go just try to boost basics from there. Maybe EE's revive omega, to reduce the cd

My wicket and logray are only 4 stars and still a decent way til 5. Figured I'd work with what I have and worse case scenario I'll get c3po at 5 or 6 stars and then I'll have a decent ewok squad to do the wicket challenge cause I I still haven't been able to beat it and get wicket and logray farmed up for next time. Just never worked on these guys like I'm sure alot of people lol
  • I'm Ewok Master .... just kidding, but I love them and they are my favorite faction. Here's my advice.

If you don't have Wicket or Logray, then the team is really going to struggle in harder events.

Chief Chirpa should be your priority for the omegas and he must be your leader. Ancestral Secrets provides health and health up over time... You don't need his Bounding Strike at max, its ok, but not essential. Tribal Unity is a must though. Many of the ewoks gain abilities or share abilities when they are called to assist. Tribal Unity does that. If you can add a Zeta, his Simple Tactics are insane as he starts pulling in assists over and over from every ewok every turn.

Elder is the driving force behind the team and the most critical. He needs as much speed as possible, like in the 230 range... which is hard, but doable. His tribal healer and Power of the Forest bring your entire team back to life over and over. Omega these if you can!!!!

Teebo only needs 1 omega on Steal Takedown. Pump his potency with mods as high as you can and then use him to knock people's turn meter to 0. He can beat the rancor almost alone eventually... but you need Wicket to trigger his stealth.

Paploo is a beast, but the worst of the bunch in my option. Many people love him, and when he is fully decked, he is sooooo hard to kill. But since you don't have wicket and you can't omega everything, mostly just max him but ignore the omegas. Speed should be avoided here too. You want him slow. He needs to taunt, and stay taunting. When he attacks, he loses taunt. Just keep him back and taunting.

Scout's Rushing Attack is where the omega needs to go. If you can tap the others, great, but Rushing attack will call an assist... If Teebo is called, he moves turn meter from the enemy, if Paploo assists, he they both gain Defense up. Later, Logray provides an assist bonus too.... and logy should replace Paploo....

Hope this helps.

• I'd argue a counterpoint to that - ewoks are all about TM gain (unless they are tricksy and set the event up to depend on Teebo lead and TM reduction, since that is counter to the typical build - but even that way, paploo has 50% chance per turn of stealthing and converting to taunt), and since paploo has a built in 25% speed increase, why wouldn't you crank his speed up to cycle through the taunts.
    Make him fast enough to go first, and you can call an assist from either elder (who I agree is a linchpin to the whole affair) for the self 20% gain from chirpa lead plus a chance to increase everyone's TM, or better yet Teebo, for a guaranteed 100% team wide TM, which lets elder do as above, plus a mass attack call from Chirpa (giving another chance for the elder Teamwide TM gain), which could put you into another round of attacks before the opposing team even goes, and this round you trigger the taunt.

(I do think Logray is going to be the easier path for the team, but Teebo isn't a bad replacement, the mass TM gain, TM reduction on stealth basic, and a second source of buff dispel (with TM reduction) certainly isn't anything to scoff at!)

TL/DR
    I personally find a faster paploo works better than a slower one, Ewoks Cycle through turns so fast that he is seldom off taunt anyway.

• dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    I can’t farm Logray, right? No available shard locations that I can see.
  • @dad2my3 he only shows up in the Guild Currency Store on rotation. Just check it every time it refreshes.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @dad2my3 he only shows up in the Guild Currency Store on rotation. Just check it every time it refreshes.

Thanks. Ewoks were lower on my priority list. I just finished getting my Nightsisters to g12 and it turns out I should have been doing Ewoks instead.
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @dad2my3 he only shows up in the Guild Currency Store on rotation. Just check it every time it refreshes.

Thanks. Ewoks were lower on my priority list. I just finished getting my Nightsisters to g12 and it turns out I should have been doing Ewoks instead.

It comes up in guild store.
  • No. Nightsisters at G12 are awesome across the board.
  • TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    I personally find a faster paploo works better than a slower one, Ewoks Cycle through turns so fast that he is seldom off taunt anyway.

I'm reading more about Paploo and starting to wonder if I should try him more often. He certainly could be great. I read two articles about keeping him slow, but that reddit post above agreed with you, that he can reach up to 340 speed! WoW!

• BrakirKY
    145 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    joelgs23 wrote: »
    TheJEFFtm wrote: »

I'm reading more about Paploo and starting to wonder if I should try him more often. He certainly could be great. I read two articles about keeping him slow, but that reddit post above agreed with you, that he can reach up to 340 speed! WoW!
    Paploo should most definitely be used in pretty much any situation, and as fast as possible. Chirpa lead zeta is also a massive boost to the squad, because it dramatically increases the rate of bonus TM gain and damage. Every assist gives 20% TM to that character, and also may generate a buff or more TM ( if it's Elder called). If you decide to gear them for more than just this event, the best squad is chirpa/logray/elder/paploo/wicket.
    If you want to try out a chirpa lead zeta before you commit to it, give me your ally code and I'll set him up on LS and cantina for you to try ( original poster also) They are great for tw ( especially against FO and CLS squads ).