Why punish the 'good guys'?

2Next

Replies

• People always find a way to complain about something... this is now one of the best nodes in the game for rewards (up there with KRUM and the TIE silencer) and they just replaced storm trooper (an almost worthless source of shards, as most have hi 7* already, and he’s in cantina store) to jango (a very good farm, as he is a fantastic character and is very new as well).

There is the argument that if you have HT 7* the node is useless... I don’t understand that at all. If you have HT at 7* or not, you’re still gonna go farm jango, right? So why not just take the little bit of extra shard shop currency? Might not be too much, but that extra 2 or 3 shards might let you get some nice stun guns without having to buy shards in the galactic war shop.

This is one of the nicest things the devs have done for the players in a while, and I don’t see why people are complaining.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I would like to know where OP definition of 'Good guy' is from.
  • Don't sleep on the Stun Cuffs that drop in the Jango/Tooth node. I'm a tiny bit annoyed that I got about a star and a half before Jango hit the node, too, but t least it'll keep me generating stun cuffs for a while longer.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Other people getting nice things is not you getting punished.

Tell it to a football team whose opponent has just been given one extra field player.
  • I'm glad they did it. I have been slowly farming HT with my extra energy, as most of my energy goes to farming the toons for Revan. I'm at 5*, and now I get to farm Jango. I wish they'd done it sooner, cause now I'll still be farming it after I get 7* HT, but I also don't mind the shard shop currency. In the end, I'll have 7* HT, and 7* Jango,
  • Hi all, thanks for all the comments.

2 quick answers to the 2 popular questions:

'Others getting something that I dont is not a punishment' - you may not play this game competitively, but many people do. CG igiving a powerful tool to your competitors, that is a punishment. Just imagine everyone on your shard getting a 7 star Traya, except you.

'why are you the good guy' - because at that moment of time (launch of ht), that was the right order of priority. Many of you claimed that youre now done with Revan farm, but dont have ht yet. Thats exactly the point. It was the bad call, simply because Revan event is not here. Statistically, you will be sitting on your finished Revan farms for 2-3 more months, without any benefit.
    Had you started with ht, youd be sitting on a 7star ht, at a high rank in fleet, possibly getting a lot of crystals for that 2-3 months, AND still be on time to farm the Revan requirements on time, and get Revan at the same time as the former group.
    The only difference is the nr of crystals/rewards you collect this way.
    That is the smart choice, resisting the temptation to blindly farm OR, and think it through logically.
    Now, people who have not done that, get the bonus Jango gift. I think its a bad decision of CG, rewarding the wrong group.

Nevertheless, ive also read the positive/constructive comments, and if I ignore the competitive disadvantage, you are right, its still an awesome node - farm Jango, and get stuncuffs+shard shop currency.
    Thank you for pointing this out.
  • 'This is a resource management, strategy game', we've all heard so many times.

So, people come up with stategies. Strategies that require heavy investment, in hope that a bit more will come back if being persistent.

Like spending ~125 crystals each day to get ht faster.
    And exactly once the farm is done, the same node becomes a mandatory farm and you can restart.

Or like spending ALL your fleet energy from day1 on a specific char (instead of eg stun cuffs), and equipping ~10k crystals worth of gear on him.
    Which becomes obselete on the exact day of finishing it.

Why change these? Why punish people who plan ahead and manage their resources smartly in a resource management game?

Is the goal intentionally to avoid people thinking, and just buying things mindlessly?

yeah, now you get free curency for shard store while spending energy that you would usually spend on Jango... what a disaster dude! lets all quit this game right now!
  • So my general rule is don’t complain unless you have a solution. HT wasn’t released very long ago, tons of people are still farming it, and now people who are stuck farming multiple nodes for various “Legendary” requirements get a slight reprieve in the form of 2 non-legendary (maybe?!?) requirements that are good being put on the same node. What would your better solution be? Put Jango on a node by himself with no ship, no good gear? It seems like getting shard shop currency is better than that.

'Others getting something that I dont is not a punishment' - you may not play this game competitively, but many people do. CG igiving a powerful tool to your competitors, that is a punishment. Just imagine everyone on your shard getting a 7 star Traya, except you.

'why are you the good guy' - because at that moment of time (launch of ht), that was the right order of priority. Many of you claimed that youre now done with Revan farm, but dont have ht yet. Thats exactly the point. It was the bad call, simply because Revan event is not here. Statistically, you will be sitting on your finished Revan farms for 2-3 more months, without any benefit.
    Had you started with ht, youd be sitting on a 7star ht, at a high rank in fleet, possibly getting a lot of crystals for that 2-3 months, AND still be on time to farm the Revan requirements on time, and get Revan at the same time as the former group.
    That is the smart choice, resisting the temptation to blindly farm OR, and think it through logically.
    Now, people who have not done that, get the bonus Jango gift. I think its a bad decision of CG, rewarding the wrong group.

Nevertheless, ive also read the positive/constructive comments, and if I ignore the competitive disadvantage, you are right, its still an awesome node - farm Jango, and get stuncuffs+shard shop currency.

HT wasn't an obvious farm for everyone - it wold depend on where they are in the game. If you didn't have Bossk cooking I can see someone being less interested in that node. If this game wants to survive it needs to create tracks to competitiveness that aren't so linear. Players have the option of going OR and being able to do raid damage and hold their own in the arena without first farming and gearing every single player that you and I did over the years. These alternate routes and shortcuts are meant to give newer players options and a fair shake and give them a reason to spend a little money here and there.
    It can be disappointing for the end game player who just finished that node, but thems the brakes. We all have plenty of inactive folks on our shards. The game needs to be attracting new players or our fun dries up too.

Also...someone just starting that node now gets the chance for 2 different drops and should get both Jango and HT at the same time(ish). Would you rather have waited until now to get the tooth? Or to start the tooth - you are looking at about 3 months to get it to 7. Your earlier investment should be paying off in the ship arena. Just like someone who whales on a marquis have the advantage of that character at a high level earlier than everyone else. You can get everything in this game for free and without ever having to refresh anything. We use crystals to refresh nodes and energy because we think the benefit of having these characters early is worth the investment. The same thing holds true here.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

A. Nothing is taken away from you. Hence, you are not punished.
    B. Your comparison is flawed. Noone is getting exclusive access to anything. Everybody has access to the exact same hard node farms.
    'why are you the good guy' - because at that moment of time (launch of ht), that was the right order of priority.

A. There's no right or wrong order of priority. There are just different orders which will give different results.
    B. Farming HT from day one doesn't make you 'the good guy'. It just made you the guy who farmed HT from day one.
    C. Others bought a 7* HT on day one. Are they even better guys in your book?
    Many of you claimed that youre now done with Revan farm, but dont have ht yet. Thats exactly the point. It was the bad call, simply because Revan event is not here. Statistically, you will be sitting on your finished Revan farms for 2-3 more months, without any benefit.

And this makes you the 'good guy'? "interesting" perspective.
  • Chima
    113 posts Member
    "HT wasn't an obvious farm for everyone" well it was if to the people that saw this 3* ship hold an entire fleet. Also, was obvious to the DEV team as well, since they made an overpowered ship.
    In fact, I'm a little disappointed with this, not because receive "shard currency" is bad or because receive some "Stun Cuffs" is bad. No, is just because I have a useless ST instead JF, that I could have at the same time. Now I will have "shard currency and stun cuffs" but will take twice the time.
    And yes, it's a ****, since they could add Jango on the Xanadu node or maybe on the IG-2000 node. It would be great to all the newest people and the people that were farming HT.

So, I'm not sure about what "good guys" means, but I completely understand the OP complaining. Was the same feeling I had yesterday looking at my HT 85/100 when they release this update.

I'm happy for you guys, that will start the farm and be twice happy, but you should understand they could do it better and make everyone happy, not just you that will start the farm now.

• Who else thinks Hoth Rebel Scout is getting replaced on XB's node soon enough? Bastilla Shan (Fallen) anyone?

It's utterly comical to view complaints about this. If you need to farm HT, great, you get Jango. If you already farmed HT and you want Jango, great you get cuffs and **** currency. If you're complaining that your early farming of HT puts you at a disadvantage against people who chose a different hard node farm first, you're missing the fact that you have a seven star HT you're deploying in different game modes that they are not. If they prioritized an OR farm, then they're sitting on a seven star character they probably don't have geared past VIII and are waiting around three more months for the chance to use it. You already won. Stop whining.

• The devs can't win. Ever. And yet we wonder why they avoid communicating on here.

Just a few quick thoughts. First saying that farming ht rather than revan req is the smart choice remains to be seen. Yes, it is likely tevan won't be back for awhile but if he came back this month better to be ready.

I already had the hard node revan farms done when ht dropped so I also started farming it right away but not as vigorously as you. Right now, I have it 6 stars. And I'm ready for revan. So how are you better off? I still take 1st every day in fleet. If I were struggling, I would have focused more but I saved up 14k in crystals for the next legendary instead.

It would have been nice to get jango at the same time as ht (and I will for the next 100 shards) but not a big deal. Once I have ht 7 stars, I'm probably going to farm another node before jango anyway. By then the other kotor characters will have dropped and I'll focus there. Jango isn't arena viable, he adds little to a bh raid team, and I can already beat everything bhs are needed for easily. So not a priority farm.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Who else thinks Hoth Rebel Scout is getting replaced on XB's node soon enough? Bastilla Shan (Fallen) anyone?
    Oh, that would be so sweet. I am one of those who postponed HT in favor of OR, so I am already happy about this update. I also just started lowkey farming XB with leftover energy and plan to go all in on the new OR, putting it together would be like Christmas. Oh wait, it is Christmas...

• I am about to finish my KOTOR chars and I was about to start farming HT, glad I waited until now, because my Jango is still 3 stars, so now I have extra motivation to get my Hounds Tooth to 7* (since my Bossk is 7* g12). Jango is very welcome at the same node.
  • Bb3po
    368 posts Member
    This is simple. You chased the meta and were rewarded for it (hopefully) with your placement in arena, etc. Now everyone else is playing catch up while you stay out in front clearing the next meta.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    If ajengo went on a different node, you would still be farming him, I'm not sure how it's a punishment that they put him on a node that you just finished. The same amount of resources would be used to farm him no matter where they put him (to some extent, due to different cost on nodes).

(Nest is a her)

Obsolete?...Really?

This so much
    I don't get why people get so upset when something gets added to a node they've already farmed the toon from
    You'd still be spending the energy anyway, you just get some **** currency as well when this happens
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    How about people who - and it may come as a shock, but these people do exist - didn't immediately start farming Hound's Tooth and buying refreshes as soon as it became available?

Exactly my problem. People not having prioritised the most powerful ship in the game should be at a disadvantage.
    Instead, if they only start farming it now, not only do they get the ship from the same energy, but also a Jango fett 7* for free, as a bonus gift.
    For people who made the good decision, do not get this bonus Jango gift.

You should not be rewarding players who make bad (=illogical) decisions.

I'm pretty sure the people who made a good decision are being rewarded. They now get to be efficient with their energy farming both Jango and HT.

And those that made a bad decision have a 7* "most powerful ship in the game" that isn't necessary to take 1st in fleet (makes it easier, but it is not necessary).

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Fanatic wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    How about people who - and it may come as a shock, but these people do exist - didn't immediately start farming Hound's Tooth and buying refreshes as soon as it became available?

Exactly my problem. People not having prioritised the most powerful ship in the game should be at a disadvantage.
    Instead, if they only start farming it now, not only do they get the ship from the same energy, but also a Jango fett 7* for free, as a bonus gift.
    For people who made the good decision, do not get this bonus Jango gift.

You should not be rewarding players who make bad (=illogical) decisions.

I'm pretty sure the people who made a good decision are being rewarded. They now get to be efficient with their energy farming both Jango and HT.

And those that made a bad decision have a 7* "most powerful ship in the game" that isn't necessary to take 1st in fleet (makes it easier, but it is not necessary).

I wouldn't call it "good" or "bad" decision. Rather, farming OR was the safe route, minimizing the risk of being caught unprepared when Revan returns, while prioritizing HT is the more risky one. And yeah, HT is pretty much the best ship in the game, but a single ship doesn't make a fleet.

No one is getting anything that you are not.

Everyone is getting the option to farm Jango if they want at the same time.

You are not the good guy and you did not make a "right" choice by farming Houndstooth first. You made a personal choice based on incomplete information, just like everyone else. It had unforeseen consequences, just like many decisions based on incomplete information.

Those who farmed OR immediately did not make a right or wrong decision. They made a personal decision. Being done with OR early does not mean any time between finishing the farm and Revan arriving is a waste. It means they were protected from poor RNG and early arrival of the event. Peace of mind has value, and there is still a possibility of Revan returning around Christmas. We don't know.

You made a choice. It had unforeseen consequences. Now you are lashing out at CG for the consequences of your decision.

Yet, at the same time, you say having Houndstooth at seven stars early got you higher arena rankings, got you crystals. That was the payoff for your decision. You've already gotten the benefit. You don't deserve some protected status because of it.

Shard shuffles happen every couple of weeks. They're a part of the game. We don't know where new content will end up, and that applies equally to everybody. Sometimes, it's better for you than for someone else. Sometimes, it's worse. And different decisions are for the sake of different segments of the game. This decision seems aimed at relatively new players just getting to the end of the table, giving them a strong foothold to broaden their roster a little bit quicker. It's a decision not made for right now, so much as for months down the line, which is how most of these decisions should be made.
    Still not a he.
  • 'why are you the good guy' - because at that moment of time (launch of ht), that was the right order of priority. Many of you claimed that youre now done with Revan farm, but dont have ht yet. Thats exactly the point. It was the bad call, simply because Revan event is not here. Statistically, you will be sitting on your finished Revan farms for 2-3 more months, without any benefit.
    Chima wrote: »
    "HT wasn't an obvious farm for everyone" well it was if to the people that saw this 3* ship hold an entire fleet. Also, was obvious to the DEV team as well, since they made an overpowered ship.

Just quoting some parts here... you guys seem to assume that every player considers the "easy way" to be the "obvious choice". I still use more or less the same ships than prior ships 2.0, but worked for a long while on my reinforcement strategy. Instead of starting to farm new ships or starting with Bossk who I don't currently need, focused on perfecting my existing ships and pilots. The outcome is that I still finish in the top 3 everyday, without ever having farmed either HT or geos.
    Just like someone else in this thread already said, a single ship doesn't make a good fleet. There is more than just one viable strategy in this game, individuality can indeed pay out in the long run. Some of the best ships are pretty underestimated, e.g. I regularly take out my opponents' HTs with a tactical Cassian reinforcement. Disproving the meta as "only smart way to go" is part of what motivates me in this game, therefore any success makes me proud, while just using any 3* marquee in arena would be a no go in general for me. And I can't be the only one who doesn't only want to be competitive, but competitive in their own way, thus not just blindly following one suggested route.
    This being said, I welcome the decision to replace stormtrooper with Jango, but personally it will still take a while until I'll make use of it.