What to farm with fleet energy

HK666
1263 posts Member
I'll post my roster in at the bottom, but as the title suggests, I'd like suggestions on who to farm next for using fleet energy.

I've largrely neglected ships, and plan to continue to do so for the most part. I've 3* all of 4 and haven't finished 5 on normal. Though convenience, my fleet has had some significant upgrades (Vader, Bossk, Boba, Cad, IG, kinda DT+Shore all got gear), so I might be able to push further into 5 hard. Not sure, and haven't yet risked energy trying.

I've finished farming- TIE, Bastila, Slave 1, Zaalbar, Tie Advanced, Sion, Jolee.

Out of the remaining unlocked nodes, I was thinking Sass ship- she's a peice away from g11 (a piece I have, but it's widely used and rather rare so I've been holding on to it). I think she'd be a decent addition to the fleet, and I don't really have toons developed for any other ship

https://swgoh.gg/p/189794965/ships/
thanks!

Replies

• chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Gear. And just finish your assassin.

Edit: Actually, I'm going to change my answer to Nest. She's still awesome.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I would do Nest, but I don't think I have to fleet to get through the hard nodes, and ewoks are the current priority. Haven't touched any thing past normal 5-C. Think I might be able to pass the normals tho
  • I neglected ships for 8 months and I regret it. You should focus on some ships as you’re missing out on so many zetas.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Oh I only started neglected them once I got was able to get the zeta challenge in the bag. Getting those zetas are a must
  • Lando and the falcoln is a decent node. You get a ship, it's character, and decent gear. Or just farm gear. Depends on your goal. I farm lando then a few nodes of nest. But with the nerf, nest is probably not going to have as much longterm use so I may just do gear instead. Not sure she's worth the hard node at this point.
  • Stunners.
  • ... But with the nerf, nest is probably not going to have as much longterm use so I may just do gear instead. Not sure she's worth the hard node at this point.

I still don't get this - she's still awesome for everything besides facing Revan. Unless max health reduction suddenly becomes a lot more common, Nest is still going to continue to be great.

It's like deciding Thrawn is useless because now if you fracture zombie and kill asajj, zombie slips fracture.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • I say nest, or ot toons.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • ... But with the nerf, nest is probably not going to have as much longterm use so I may just do gear instead. Not sure she's worth the hard node at this point.

I still don't get this - she's still awesome for everything besides facing Revan. Unless max health reduction suddenly becomes a lot more common, Nest is still going to continue to be great.

It's like deciding Thrawn is useless because now if you fracture zombie and kill asajj, zombie slips fracture.

I never got on the nest is awesome train. She's a good character in arena but if revan walks over her, she's not really viable there. She's not stellar in raids. There are no events or legendary characters she's needed for. So other than tw and a spot in a grand arena team, she doesn't have a lot of use that can't be replaced with more easily farmable characters.

So she's good but I'm not sure she's fleet hard node good.
  • Trystan_Spyder
    1300 posts Member
    edited December 2018

I never got on the nest is awesome train. She's a good character in arena but if revan walks over her, she's not really viable there. She's not stellar in raids. There are no events or legendary characters she's needed for. So other than tw and a spot in a grand arena team, she doesn't have a lot of use that can't be replaced with more easily farmable characters.

She's a key part of a p3 hSTR team capable of 10%+.

She can still seriously hamper any arena team not starring Revan. Watch Talzin use her group attack, only to see the rest of the team hang back.
    Fast Nest + Daze stops any extra tm gain, as well as counters and assists. EP teams, Traya teams (to an extent), Resistance teams, CLS teams, Troopers, etc. all feel the wrath of Nest.

She still exposes on basic (while also hitting thru foresight and cleansing any defensive buffs like def up, health up, taunt), ignores taunt, and counters. A lot. She can expose on a counter.

There's still lots to love, even if she's not Revan Kryptonite.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I'd love to farm Nest, and while she doesn't seem to be end-all she seems very useful, I very much doubt my fleet can get that far and ewoks and BH are a much greater gearing priority

• I never got on the nest is awesome train. She's a good character in arena but if revan walks over her, she's not really viable there. She's not stellar in raids. There are no events or legendary characters she's needed for. So other than tw and a spot in a grand arena team, she doesn't have a lot of use that can't be replaced with more easily farmable characters.

She's a key part of a p3 hSTR team capable of 10%+.

She can still seriously hamper any arena team not starring Revan. Watch Talzin use her group attack, only to see the rest of the team hang back.
    Fast Nest + Daze stops any extra tm gain, as well as counters and assists. EP teams, Traya teams (to an extent), Resistance teams, CLS teams, Troopers, etc. all feel the wrath of Nest.

She still exposes on basic (while also hitting thru foresight and cleansing any defensive buffs like def up, health up, taunt), ignores taunt, and counters. A lot. She can expose on a counter.

There's still lots to love, even if she's not Revan Kryptonite.

For arena, I can beat anything short of revan without switching to a new team. I can beat slower revan teams too. A fast thrawn ends them pretty quick. I run ep lead btw but will have traya next raid so will likely switch it up a bit.

For raids, I'm assuming you're running her under aura lead? From everything I've seen the team can do big dmg with or without nest so what does she add?

• For arena, I can beat anything short of revan without switching to a new team. I can beat slower revan teams too. A fast thrawn ends them pretty quick. I run ep lead btw but will have traya next raid so will likely switch it up a bit.

For raids, I'm assuming you're running her under aura lead? From everything I've seen the team can do big dmg with or without nest so what does she add?

That's fine - Sith is the other supergroup right now. My point was that just because Nest can't fend off Revan indefinitely doesn't mean she's useless in Arena, despite all the hand-wringing.

As for raids - yeah. Her role there is to just sit there and get hit. I don't know many tanks that will last as long as she does, especially on heroic. Counters stripping foresight are nice too.
  • For people that dont know - it is WAY easier to get crystal payouts in fleet over Arena. Focus on Ships and it will pay off in the long run, in Zetas and crystals.

I still don't get this - she's still awesome for everything besides facing Revan.

Everything besides Revan.. So in my top50, my Nest will work great for all the 3 non-Revan teams (1 ns 2 traya), meaning that from now on, I can no longer be nr 1, but nr 47.

Starting to get it?

But lets go one step further. How many Revans do you think there will be on your shard the next time his event returns?
    My guess is around 500.
    So with Nest, you can no longer be nr 1,but nr 501..
    Still no idea whats wrong with it?

• For arena, I can beat anything short of revan without switching to a new team. I can beat slower revan teams too. A fast thrawn ends them pretty quick. I run ep lead btw but will have traya next raid so will likely switch it up a bit.

That's fine - Sith is the other supergroup right now. My point was that just because Nest can't fend off Revan indefinitely doesn't mean she's useless in Arena, despite all the hand-wringing.

As for raids - yeah. Her role there is to just sit there and get hit. I don't know many tanks that will last as long as she does, especially on heroic. Counters stripping foresight are nice too.

I bet that nest teams start dropping farther on defense. Anyone with a weak revan can now target her and have a much easier win so I bet they choose your nest team more often.

And I'm not saying she doesn't have uses. But being on a 20 energy fleet node is quite expensive energy wise to farm. Fleet energy only renews at the cantina rate and you are limited to 8 battles without spending crystals. So, nest is probably the longest farm in the game. She isn't the most useful in the game. She falls into the category that I also put characters like Baze. They have their uses but aren't worth the farming difficultly in the location they are in.

I have suggested several times of moving older less useful characters to easier locations to encourage their farming. Baze is a good choice for this and I'm pretty sure nest will lose more use as time goes on and probably should be put in an easier location at some point.
  • I would farm the lando/falcon node for the cargo contraband and his falcon is a decent reinforcement ship