You nerfed Enfys, than nerf HT also!

Prev13
If im right Hound's Tooth prot bonus works like Enfys', so you have to nerf it also. Or there is no Revan in fleet so its ok?

Replies

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Great job, now they're going to give everyone with Revan a free OP ship.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Hound's Tooth gains Protection Up and not "bonus protection." I'm not sure those work the same way. I'll let some dataminer confirm one way or the other.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I,hope they do need hounds tooth. The new mace windu time out fleet is by far the most annoying crap I've seen to date and makes me want to quit. Any unit or strategy is meant to time a battle out and not actually win the fight should be reworked or removed.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Hound's Tooth gains Protection Up and not "bonus protection." I'm not sure those work the same way. I'll let some dataminer confirm one way or the other.
    Both are based off max health. There is no ship in the game (yet) that reduces the max health of another ship, so HT would not be affected by the Nest change.

Remember, the nest change is only relevant against revan. Against all other enemies she operates as she did before because they cannot change her max health.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    don't know that there is any ship that can give stacking health down.
    my guess is that if there ever did come one it would work like the change to nest as it sounds like this was a game wide change nest is just the most obvious with it because of the way it stacks in every hit.

edit:
    per CG it will affect HT. so there you go

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189209/bonus-protection-calculation-changes#latest
    This was not intended, and yesterday we changed Bonus Protection to calculate based on the current Max Health of a character during a battle. While this will impact Nest vs Revan match-ups the most significantly, any characters that can change Max Health will also be affected
  • scuba wrote: »
    my guess is that if there ever did come one it would work like the change to nest as it sounds like this was a game wide change nest is just the most obvious with it because of the way it stacks in every hit.

edit:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189209/bonus-protection-calculation-changes#latest
    This was not intended, and yesterday we changed Bonus Protection to calculate based on the current Max Health of a character during a battle. While this will impact Nest vs Revan match-ups the most significantly, any characters that can change Max Health will also be affected

Must be why tie advance reduces ht health through protection now.

edit:

@scuba how will that affect HT?
  • Falabu wrote: »
    If im right Hound's Tooth prot bonus works like Enfys', so you have to nerf it also. Or there is no Revan in fleet so its ok?

Why are people so clueless. Do you even know what the Nest fix did and why it was fixed?
  • Halo wrote: »
    Falabu wrote: »

Why are people so clueless. Do you even know what the Nest fix did and why it was fixed?
    Complain and grab your pitchfork first, read the details later - it’s the swgoh forum way.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Halo wrote: »

Complain and grab your pitchfork first, read the details later - it’s the swgoh forum way.

This is correct except for the "read the details later" part. That part never happens.
  • So this nerf was only to buff Revan, who could beat anyone even till now..
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    So this nerf was only to buff Revan, who could beat anyone even till now..

Correct. Or rather, it was just to make him better on D when he was already the best on D.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

edit:

scuba how will that affect HT?

protection up is based off of max health same as bonus protection.

So if you reduce HT max health you will reduce the amount of the protection up HT gains.

now there is currently no ship that stacks health reduction like jango/revan/marader so you will not see as much of an effect of it. I think Sith fighter is the only one that can apply health down.

The change was not just to nest it was a game wide change so that things that use max health for something will use the current units max health, nest vs revan is just where it is the most obvious.
  • Is there any official description, what is the difference between bonus prot and prot up?
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    The post specifically references Bonus Protection and not Protection Up.

Of course given past history, no one actually knows if that's what they meant.
  • Halo
    98 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    The change was not just to nest it was a game wide change so that things that use max health for something will use the current units max health, nest vs revan is just where it is the most obvious.

That’s because Nest was broken against Revan and the bonus prot wasn’t WAI. Hence the massive difference in how it is now. As you rightly said though it’s game wide so if a ship comes in that’s similar to Revan then we’ll see it hit HT the same way as well
  • @scuba right - got it.

That will indeed have an effect, but it will barely be detectable.

Might need to start farming that sith ship!
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    Halo wrote: »

This is correct except for the "read the details later" part. That part never happens.
    reading details is exactly what a CG employee would say

• "then"
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Is there any official description, what is the difference between bonus prot and prot up?

They operate very similar, one is a buff and one is not.... not sure there is any difference beyond that.
  • Shaun
    37 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Im sorryif i am being dumb, but can someone clarify if Hounds tooth had been nerfed? Because im seeing my fleet going down to teams with around 100k less power.
  • Shaun wrote: »
    Im sorryif i am being dumb, but can someone clarify if Hounds tooth had been nerfed? Because im seeing my fleet going down to teams with around 100k less power.

Short answer no

Long answer also no but there was a fix that barely affects it currently
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Is there any official description, what is the difference between bonus prot and prot up?

They operate very similar, one is a buff and one is not.... not sure there is any difference beyond that.

one can be prevented (protection up) one cannot (bonus protection)
  • Falabu wrote: »

Or to actually fix how Nest was always supposed to work to begin with. In fact not only is it not a nerf, but it could be said using Nest knowing full well she wasn't working as intended was using an exploit. I'd be happy she was merely fixed to how she was always supposed to work rather than being actually nerfed.

edit:

Wait, what? How come Protection Up and Bonus Protection are based off of Max Health and not Max Protection?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »

edit:

Wait, what? How come Protection Up and Bonus Protection are based off of Max Health and not Max Protection?

This was my issue too. I never understood how protection is based off of health...sigh...
  • NicWester wrote: »

edit:

My guess personally is so that charcters before G7 can have relevant proc. granting abilities.
  • Scorchy
    69 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I dont see why people say nerf hound's tooth? Mine has 96k hp and 86k protection. If every time I got hit I gained 25% of 96k instead of 25% of 86k, would that not be a buff instead....? If anything that would keep me on top of my arena shard and those people with a dumb 3 star hound's tooth would be having more trouble fighting me for top spots. Actually sure fix it.
  • Halo
    98 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

It’s always been this way for whatever reason. It’s nothing new

• Remember, the nest change is only relevant against revan. Against all other enemies she operates as she did before because they cannot change her max health.
    [/quote]

You do realise that this is exactly the reason why people are upset do you?