Sion bug

Prev1
Romulo
7 posts Member
edited December 2018
After the update, Sion was buggy.
As you can see in the print, it is with "Taunt" even without having "Pain" in my character. And this only occurs in defense.

I hope that the CG will arrange soon.

[rotvo8hniqmr.png

[yvwlqveknxea.png

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    75wulg3plvey.jpg
    This is the current answer we have.
  • Options
    Now I understand. Thank you Kyno
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    75wulg3plvey.jpg

Where is that answer from, Kyno? The behavior has been "flagged for review" on AnswersHQ.

It looks like the order of operations got changed between Sion & Traya.

Previously, Traya would clear debuffs before Sion checked for the presence of Pain. Therefore he would never taunt.

Now, it looks like Sion sees Pain and taunts before Traya clears the debuffs.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    It’s no longer the current answer. Mindtricks said on reddit they are looking into this.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    It’s no longer the current answer. Mindtricks said on reddit they are looking into this.

Hence why I said current answer. That may or may not change.
    jkray622 wrote: »
    75wulg3plvey.jpg

Where is that answer from, Kyno? The behavior has been "flagged for review" on AnswersHQ.

It looks like the order of operations got changed between Sion & Traya.

Previously, Traya would clear debuffs before Sion checked for the presence of Pain. Therefore he would never taunt.

Now, it looks like Sion sees Pain and taunts before Traya clears the debuffs.

It is in the title update post
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    And hence me saying it’s no longer current. Not sure I understand your point.
  • Options

I think what Kyno is trying to say is that it is currently like this until such time as CG comes out and says that it is different than right now. Sure it may be flagged or up for review or whatever, but until such time as it is removed from the game (from working that specific way), then it is current.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Mstrefe1 wrote: »

I think what Kyno is trying to say is that it is currently like this until such time as CG comes out and says that it is different than right now. Sure it may be flagged or up for review or whatever, but until such time as it is removed from the game (from working that specific way), then it is current.

I guess? To me the answer “no it’s definitely not bugged” is inconsistent with “we are looking into this to see whether it’s bugged,” and since the former answer is posted by someone who has to get his information from other sources and the latter by someone who seems to actually be in charge of some stuff, I consider the latter to be the relevant one. But maybe that’s just me.
  • Options
    I will tell you what is broken
    Resistance troopers Cool down no longer resets after he attacks a debugged enemy with his special
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Review means that they will come back and say everything is WAI, which means the current answer doesnt change. Or it needs to be fixed << that changes the current answer.

The current answer is the answer until they say its different, reviewing something doesnt change its current state until it is decided the current state is incorrect.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Review means that they will come back and say everything is WAI, which means the current answer doesnt change. Or it needs to be fixed << that changes the current answer.

The current answer is the answer until they say its different, reviewing something doesnt change its current state until it is decided the current state is incorrect.

If they don’t know whether it’s bugged they shouldn’t say it’s not bugged. That’s all I’m saying.
  • Options
    Currently sion is taunting when a hero doesn’t have pain on them. This is a obvious bug in the game. When is this going to get fixed? They rushed to fix nest when she was able to beat EA’s new golden hero Revan. But what’s being done quickly about this bug?
  • Options
    This is an obvious bug and will be fixed. We have like a whole year of precedent on this one. Anybody that is alluding it isn't a bug is wrong.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Rui99 wrote: »
    Currently sion is taunting when a hero doesn’t have pain on them. This is a obvious bug in the game. When is this going to get fixed? They rushed to fix nest when she was able to beat EA’s new golden hero Revan. But what’s being done quickly about this bug?

Before this patch there was a similar situation, but it was "working as intended":

A Rey (Jedi Training) with a zeta Virtuous Protector unique vs a squad that contained a Sion and a Nihilus with a zeta Lord of Hunger.

If Rey has Pain, and then starts her turn, the following situation could occur:
    1. Sion sees that Rey has Pain. Sion gains taunt.
    2. Nihilus Lord of Hunger triggers, and applies Health Down to RJT.
    3. RJT Virtuous Protector triggers and clears all debuffs (including Pain).

All of these things happen in sequential order, but happen so quickly that they appear instantaneous to us. What most people will see is that RJT starts her turn, she has no debuffs, but Sion is taunting.

Because of the "order" in which those beginning-of-turn operations occurred, it was entirely possible for Sion to taunt despite RJT not having Pain. Sion's taunt does not go away if Pain is dispelled - it has a once per turn check. If the character has Pain, then Gain Taunt for 1 turn.

The reason this [Sion taunting in Traya vs Traya matchups] is being flagged for review right now is because it is a sudden change in functionality, and it wasn't listed as deliberate. An unintentional change into gameplay - by definition of being unintentional - is a bug. It's possible that a developer made this intentionally, but left it off the change logs for the build, so it wasn't included in the patch notes.

It's also possible the order of operations changed to fix something different, and this was an unanticipated consequence. We have to wait for the Devs to tell us why.
  • Options
    The reason it's being flagged is also because it only happens to the attacker. When the defense team cleanses pain, my Sion is no longer taunting at the end of it
  • Options
    Mercury90 wrote: »
    The reason it's being flagged is also because it only happens to the attacker. When the defense team cleanses pain, my Sion is no longer taunting at the end of it

Ouch, that's awful. I wonder if the attacker and defender have a different order of operations? They should definitely follow the same "rules"!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

If they don’t know whether it’s bugged they shouldn’t say it’s not bugged. That’s all I’m saying.

It's a binary state, would seem odd to change the current state until there is a reason to.
  • Options
    Well it's obviously a bug or a stealth Nerf since it didn't happen before the update. Either one is bad
  • Options
    Nerfing Traya to push other characters, sounds likr something CG would do
  • Options
    Imagine my excitement since I will hit 7 stars on my Traya and g12 after the next raid...
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    This is an obvious bug and will be fixed. We have like a whole year of precedent on this one. Anybody that is alluding it isn't a bug is wrong.

No. You’re wrong.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    PeteBajama wrote: »

Yes, nerfing Traya to push Sion. Because Sion isn’t usually used on a Traya team, and should be used without her...
  • Options
    Nihion wrote: »

Yes, nerfing Traya to push Sion. Because Sion isn’t usually used on a Traya team, and should be used without her...

What the hell kind of traya team are you playing with that doesn't use sion?
  • Options

Your sarcasm detector is a little out
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »

Exactly.
  • Options

It's a binary state, would seem odd to change the current state until there is a reason to.

So we shall call it schrödinger bug?
  • Options
    In arena sion is gaining taunt against toons that don't have pain. This is pretty bad and absolutely changes everything in arena. Anyone else seeing this?
  • RagnarTheElder_1
    10 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    75wulg3plvey.jpg

This answer is kitten since only the Sion from the defending team has the privilege to ignore Trayas cleanse.
    The whole thing is kitten if it goes down as intended because after months playing against Trayas you guys come along and just change the gameplay as it pleases you? What is going on? To much f2p's getting to much crystals in arena?
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    Scions broken taunt needs to be fixed, so try making that a priority CG
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    75wulg3plvey.jpg

This answer is kitten since only the Sion from the defending team has the privilege to ignore Trayas cleanse.
    The whole thing is kitten if it goes down as intended because after months playing against Trayas you guys come along and just change the gameplay as it pleases you? What is going on? To much f2p's getting to much crystals in arena?

As stated above. That is just the current answer we have, but other members of the team on Answers HQ have stated they will flag it for investigation.

Yes there are some obvious discrepancies that should be highlighting the issue, but all we can do is provide the information and let them sort it out (in a hopefully timely manner)