Scheduled Update 12/05/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• Just because I see things differently from you doesn’t automatically mean I’m beneath you.
  • There was no personal attack. I simply suggested you re-read my lengthy comment that briefly touched on stun cuffs as an added bonus to farming both HT and now Jango, or both depending on one's priorities. I suggested it as it appears you possibly did not comprehend my comment regarding stun cuffs and you seemed to make a suggestion that I was saying to farm them exclusively from a hard node with your "PS" second post.

I also expressed my general approach to internet forum debate and discussion, which is frequently confirmed by debate and comments on this forum and others. I also wished you well as I left to go spend some energy.

None of these were personal. If you chose to take them personally I cannot comment on your own interpretation but can only speak to my intent.

I would also like to point out that even though you gave me your explicit consent to "tell [ you ] to shut up and deal with it", I didn't. THAT would have been a personal attack.

Again, cheers.
  • Chima
    113 posts Member
    Buzzsaw wrote: »
    I’m fine farming Jango on another node. That puts everyone on the same playing field. And you can’t compare the timing, that’s disingenuous. And even if I accept that, it’s proof that the problem is getting worse by repeating the mistake rather than learning and doing better next time.

I totally agree with this. They could add Jango on XB node or IG-2000 node and then we all could enjoy it, but they made the WRONG choice adding it on HT node. And please guys, don't be so innocent, the dev team knew the people are farming HT after all they made an overpowered ship and was obvious all the people (who cares about fleet) were going to farm it since it was available.

And if they made it with Shoretrooper and Reaper even worst, I'm surprised all of you agree with this just because "they made it before".

• @Vendi1983 “Figured that was obvious, but then again this is an internet forum. Keep expectations low and I'm never surprised by what I read...” . I dunno maybe this was somehow not meant to suggest that I just don’t seem to measure up to your high standards? The rest of us aren’t perfect, and I would like to apologize on behalf of the rest of humanity. You’re clearly always right, so anyone with a different perspective is clearly always wrong. I guess. Or, we can go back to debating the game.

In that spirit, my comment you’re reacting to was a PS because it wasn’t the main point. But while we’re on it, I’m not farming nodes for platitudes. As just was pointed out, CG could have picked any number of nodes and made this a better experience for all. Instead, I’m glad it doesn’t negatively affect you. It does negatively affect other people. Not completely negatively, but there were better choices available.
  • Wow people are seriously complaining that Jango and HT are on the same node??? It's an amazing node now. Smh the selfishness on these forums sometimes is disgusting. I'll enjoy farming them both now
  • Pointing out there were better, more judicious options is selfish?
  • Chima
    113 posts Member
    Revan21 wrote: »
    Smh the selfishness on these forums sometimes is disgusting. I'll enjoy farming them both now
    Are you talking about you in this case? Because the only ones are happy now are the ones weren't farming HT before.
    But if it isn't clear to you until now let me try to explain, the people are complaining because they could put it in other nodes that could be good for all not just for the people weren't farming yet. Does it make sense to you or should we draw it? You are selfishness since you don't understand these people just because:
    Revan21 wrote: »
    I'll enjoy farming them both now
  • Selfish would be saying “it works for me, and I don’t care how it affects anyone else”.

What I and others are saying is there were better options that could benefit more people, instead of hurting some. I don’t see how that’s as selfish.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Lol of course there are better options that would benefit more people. That doesn’t mean it’s reasonable to demand the best possible option every time.

I’ve been farming HT since it went to the node and I’m still happy.
  • So, if I see something that could be better and benefit more people, I should...?
  • No I'm not just referring to me, the majority of players in my guild are happy they cam farm Jango and HT now. I only used the word selfish in response to the original post complaining about it. Is there better nodes, of course there are. In a perfect world Jango would be on a 6 energy cantina node, but that isn't the case. I'm not going to advocate for everyone, but I'm positive the people who haven't been farming HT are going to be happy with this node. Instead of getting upset because you've been farming the node, try thinking of the people who now get to double down.
  • @Revan21 And think of how much better it would be if everyone had the chance to double down. Instead those of us who farmed HT are now at a relative disadvantage because we were good customers.

That’s not fair, and there are better options that would benefit a lot more people. I’m not asking for perfection, but there are a number of better choices. I’m just saying pick one of those instead.
  • @Buzzsaw if one were a good customer one would have whale'd on HT on its initial release. A person spending in-game fake currency/energy on 7B node versus 6A, etc etc, makes zero difference to CG. They already made their money on Bossk, HT, and Jango.

• Beyol
    328 posts Member
    I love that they put them both together. Will be better to get both after I finish the one I'm working on now. Knew it would be a 20 node, I'm not silly enough to think any different, it's Jango of course. Good luck all.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    @Revan21 And think of how much better it would be if everyone had the chance to double down. Instead those of us who farmed HT are now at a relative disadvantage because we were good customers.

That’s not fair, and there are better options that would benefit a lot more people. I’m not asking for perfection, but there are a number of better choices. I’m just saying pick one of those instead.

If you think that’s not fair, I can’t imagine how you think anything at all in this game is fair. Remember when they used to have move characters from 80 crystals in the shop to 50 after a while? Was it fair that somebody who didn’t buy at 80 could later buy at 50 and get that character for fewer crystals? If you wait to do something, you might sometimes be able to do that thing cheaper. On the other hand, if you don’t wait, you instead get the thing sooner.

You have less of an opportunity to double down on shards you still needed (and get shard shop currency instead), but you benefited from the higher starred ship in the meantime. Seems perfectly fair to me.
  • Buzzsaw wrote: »
    @Revan21 And think of how much better it would be if everyone had the chance to double down. Instead those of us who farmed HT are now at a relative disadvantage because we were good customers.

Just because your a "good customer" (whatever that means) means they should put it on a good toon on a node that would be beneficial to just you?? That is why I used the word selfish before. No one forced you to farm HT early and you believe because you did you should be rewarded with a node that would be beneficial to "more" which is impossible. Im certain if they placed him on another hard node people would complain that it's another high energy node to farm. Your reward is that you now have a *7 HT before everyone else does. Using your logic I should've been enraged that HT was on a stormtrooper node that everyone has 7*, but that wasn't the case. They moved the best BH ship and one of the most requested BH on the same node, sounds like a win win to me. If you have 7* HT enjoy the free shard currency AND the jango shards
  • So, I get that people are upset that they have to continue farming the same node (mostly because they wanted to be done with it), but from a practical standpoint it's the best reasonable option for everyone. If you're a super whale, you probably got both Jango and HT to 7* with shipments, so it doesn't really matter where they put him. If you're a light spender, you may have HT 7*, but you still get free shard store currency. If you're FTP, you probably don't have HT 7*, so it's a huge win. I guess the folks complaining are the ones who spent $$ on HT, but not on Jango. But realistically, if you're worried about losing your "competitive advantage", you've still got a leg up in the fleet arena, and you aren't spending enough that CG is really concerned about you having the "exclusive leg up," which is primarily reserved for those who buy the marquees (and fund the game for the rest, thank you). So, other than putting Jango on like a cheaper hard node (not fair to those who spent $$ on the marquee) or doubling him up with a brand new ship (also not likely, as the only time this was ever done was for KRU and it was HIS ship, not someone else's), I'm not really sure what would be a better option.
  • Hi

Im in a new shard. It’s the Sith Mega Bundle worth it?

Have Lvl 62 and the Shard is opening Last month.

• Chima wrote: »
    "Jango Fett will replace the Stormtrooper, the character currently on Light Side Battles 8-D Hard. The Stormtrooper will continue to be farmable in Light Side Battles 3-C Hard."

Are you kidding me? Just ONE DAY BEFORE I get 7* on Bossk Ship?
    Really?!?!?!?!?!

I was just about to start the Hound's Tooth so thank y'all very much.
  • @Revan21 I can’t put it more plainly than this:
    -they introduce new things to the game
    -they choose to sometimes put those new things together with other things on the same nodes
    -there are a number of people who have farmed that node already
    -CG could have picked another node for a double up that would benefit more people than this one.

I see something that could have been done better, explain why I think there are better options, and offer better solutions. My hope is that the time, energy and words will be used to either fix it this time, or perhaps help encourage CG to make a better choice next time.

It doesn’t affect you. Good for you.

• @Dirty_Litle_Smuggler Wouldn’t you agree that even more people would benefit if Jango were on the node with XB, for example?
  • @Ephran Yea for you.
    @Dirty_Litle_Smuggler Wouldn’t you agree that even more people would benefit if Jango were on the node with XB, for example?

Unless you actually know how many people have finished farming HT, you can't actually answer this question. For fleet purposes, HT is an objectively better ship than XB, because it fits in a lot more lineups. A big part of what makes XB good is the interplay with HT. I've been farming HT since it dropped to a node. I'm 10/85. While I am farming XB as well, if I needed to stop one of the farms to prioritize other things I would drop XB. So for me, the bigger benefit is having Jango on the HT node.
  • @Indominable_J I think I can safely say more people have farmed HT than XB or IG. Fair?
  • HT 32/65, now instead of ST shards for shard shop, I can work Jango at same time, win win!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
    @Indominable_J I think I can safely say more people have farmed HT than XB or IG. Fair?

Whether or not more people have farmed HT than XB or IG is not relevant to what is more beneficial, because the value of HT, XB, and IG are all different.
  • Revan21
    13 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    @Revan21 I can’t put it more plainly than this:
    -they introduce new things to the game
    -they choose to sometimes put those new things together with other things on the same nodes
    -there are a number of people who have farmed that node already
    -CG could have picked another node for a double up that would benefit more people than this one.

I see something that could have been done better, explain why I think there are better options, and offer better solutions. My hope is that the time, energy and words will be used to either fix it this time, or perhaps help encourage CG to make a better choice next time.

It doesn’t affect you. Good for you.

So please tell me where is this magical better farm? What if he went to XB node?. Wouldn't people complain because they were "good customers" and rushed XB and now they have to farm that node again? Ah, but since you didn't farm XB yet it would've been a better node. That's a selfish way too look at this situation
  • Better meaning more people would find it beneficial.
  • More beneficial for more people isn’t the definition of selfish. “Serves my purposes and screw anyone else, I don’t care how it affects you” is.
This discussion has been closed.