Possibly g12 murder bears for c3po..

Prev1
Javick_Starage
502 posts Member
edited December 2018
Really cg... really?

There are so many other factions I’d rather farm. They’re also all really hard farms for toons which suck.

At least bounty hunters are actually useful in the game.

Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    1. It makes sense
    2. They are a good faction. You don’t like it but plenty others do and this game tries to cater everyone. You can skip out on C3PO if you don’t like it
    3. They’ve also been out for 2 years and should be available in bundle packs
    4. BH got chewbacca doesn’t make sense for them to get C3PO too
  • Who has said gear 12?

Maybe for 7*. Legendies unlock at 5*.
  • For all the other unlocks I have never had a team of gear 12 guys. I always do it around gear 8-10.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I fell for clickbaity title. :(
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Who has said gear 12?

CG warned about the difficulty. Last time they did was with the Chewie event. So g12 for 7* is very probable.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    ^
  • Who has said gear 12?

CG warned about the difficulty. Last time they did was with the Chewie event. So g12 for 7* is very probable.

For Chewie they said "very difficult." For this one it says "difficult" as they have had for other events. You won't need G12.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    kevsmart wrote: »
    Who has said gear 12?

For Chewie they said "very difficult." For this one it says "difficult" as they have had for other events. You won't need G12.

Maybe. Communication is not a strong suit here. Parsing a single word like "very" is dangerous.

With that said, Chewie was doable for me with a mix of G11 and G12. We'll see.
  • Rimzo
    120 posts Member
    Ewoks are meta killers. Zeta chirpa as well and enjoy them in TW
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Who has said gear 12?

I feel like the community will make a huge uproar because they didn’t use the word “very” this time....

Difficulty is subjective, and I’d say treat it as difficult as Chewbacca event. Legendary events tend to require highest gear levels achievable at the time of release
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    The Ewok gear pack for 499 crystals looks aimed squarely at gear levels 9-11, so I'd expect you'd need Ewoks at g11 to finish the last tier, and likely with a whole lotta RNG to go along with that. The more you gear, the less RNG you need.
    Ewoks are a very fun faction to play. What they lack in damage, they make up for in many, many attacks before the enemy gets another turn. Think Forest Moon Mythic with the shoe on the other foot :)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • TVF wrote: »
    Who has said gear 12?

Maybe. Communication is not a strong suit here. Parsing a single word like "very" is dangerous.

Personally, I think they chose the wording regarding the difficulty very carefully knowing that we would dissect the announcement like we were interpreting the Rosetta Stone.

Chewy said “very difficult” this one says “difficult”. They do use these same descriptions in events as well to signify the difference between tiers.

I could be wrong though.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Who has said gear 12?

I feel like the community will make a huge uproar because they didn’t use the word “very” this time....

Difficulty is subjective, and I’d say treat it as difficult as Chewbacca event. Legendary events tend to require highest gear levels achievable at the time of release

But it's not subjective in this case. CG uses it as a hint to what kind of gear you are going to need and made a point to call that out before the Chewie event. This isn't the first time they have made the distinction either, it shows up on events from time to time.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I don’t see the point of getting mad about it needing g12 until there’s actual evidence of it needing g12.
  • I got 7* chewy with g12 bossk g12 boba and the rest were g9 or 10. A ton of attempts but doable. I imagine this will be similar. At least it can be done without whaling.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Given that Chewie was the most recent legendary, it makes sense to assume that any future legendaries would be at least that level of difficulty.

All the people moaning that "ewoks suck" has never faced a G12 fully zeta'd ewok team and just sat there while they take 4 turns each before you get to do anything.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    Given that Chewie was the most recent legendary, it makes sense to assume that any future legendaries would be at least that level of difficulty.

All the people moaning that "ewoks suck" has never faced a G12 fully zeta'd ewok team and just sat there while they take 4 turns each before you get to do anything.

That’s where I draw a line though. With BH and Ewoks most long time players have them usually at 7* say for wicket or logray. There’s a slight bottleneck there but one that can be overcome. Next is a gear bottle neck. Now the days of G8-9 clears are over for 7*. But if CG makes g12 with multiple zetas the norm that’s too far. A zeta lead, with a passive unique and G11 for all is fair.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    A zeta lead, with a passive unique and G11 for all is fair.

Which is about what you need for Chewie. I was suggesting that C3P0 would likely be about the same. My comment about a fully G12 zeta team was about the general "ewoks suck and aren't worth it" sentiment, which is a separate issue.

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

1. It makes sense
    2. They are a good faction. You don’t like it but plenty others do and this game tries to cater everyone. You can skip out on C3PO if you don’t like it

Original poster is right farming up another meh faction just so people panic buy bundles.
    I have mine all at 7 stars and I hate this idea.
    I'm pretty sure he wasn't saying they should use BH, he was just pointing out that they aren't a useless faction, and CG didn't have to pick such a one off faction. Droids could have been an option.
    Although at least it wasn't jawas.
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Who has said gear 12?

Personally, I think they chose the wording regarding the difficulty very carefully knowing that we would dissect the announcement like we were interpreting the Rosetta Stone.

Chewy said “very difficult” this one says “difficult”. They do use these same descriptions in events as well to signify the difference between tiers.

I could be wrong though.

I'm not sure they do anything really carefully, least of communicate.
    1. It makes sense

1. It does, troopers would make more sense
    2. They are NOT a good faction. Seen a lot of TW carebear walls? Nope, thought not.
    3. They **** 2 years ago, they suck now. Why would anyone farm them.
    4. Never asked for BH to unlock C3P0
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    1. It makes sense

1. It does, troopers would make more sense
    2. They are NOT a good faction. Seen a lot of TW carebear walls? Nope, thought not.
    3. They **** 2 years ago, they suck now. Why would anyone farm them.
    4. Never asked for BH to unlock C3P0

2. Defense, no. But they have the nickname "murder bears" for a reason. They are a solid offensive team.
    3. Not really, they have had their uses here and there and they are a decent faction in general.

As for why, because nothing gets a better reaction than showing someone their team getting shredded by gold ringed pimped out bears.
  • Everyone points to the "gear requirement" for chewie but wasnt Revan doable at a lower gear tier? I ask cause I didnt get him last go. Also did chewies event at g12 boba g10 dengar, greedo, zam, cad and a lot of rng
  • G11 with your best available mods should be fine with RNG and zeta in chirpa
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    MilMuertes wrote: »
    Everyone points to the "gear requirement" for chewie but wasnt Revan doable at a lower gear tier? I ask cause I didnt get him last go. Also did chewies event at g12 boba g10 dengar, greedo, zam, cad and a lot of rng

Revan is a different animal. Recently released toons on a super short farming window. BH and Ewoks have been farmable for a long time so it seems they decided to up the gear requirements to compensate.
  • G11 with your best available mods should be fine with RNG and zeta in chirpa

That’s still a lot of shards and gear that Could be better spent elsewhere:

Nightsisters
    Sith
    FO
    Bounty Hunters
    Imperial Troopers

I’d rather farm any of the above (and a lot of others) before being forced to farm the Care Bears.

It’s worse because I suspect Jedi Luke will require C3P0
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Everyone has farmed things they don't want to farm and everyone has geared things they didn't want to gear.

If you don't want to then don't, or save it for later after you've farmed what you want.
  • I farmed Jawas for Mods in the past and never used them somewhere else, I farmed Ewoks for AT-ST-Evebnt and farmed Wicket for the zetas, I farmed BHs for Wampa.
    And some day I could use them for other events ... synergy-teams are always strong - so no team/faction is useless ... even geos are usefull for fleet - but not for the rest of the game ... maybe in future they are required for some separatist-stuff ... who knows
  • Do you think the red eyes on 3PO in crumbs clue signify the importance of logray in this event? He is the only red eyed Ewok....