Scheduled Update 12/05/2018 [MEGA]

13Next

Replies

• Buzzsaw
    89 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I’m trying to find a better win-win scenario here. One that takes into account the fact that some people have already spent the time, energy, and (probably) money to farm HT.

And I presume everyone who continues to play will at some point will be farming HT, let’s use XB as an example, and Jango. So, why not make more people happy and have the same net affect by putting Jango on the XB node instead of the HT node?

Those who farmed HT early are on equal footing with those who farm HT later (and both are behind those who whaled on packs). But everyone is playing by the same basic requirements.

I’m not sure why everyone wants to make this personal. “You’re selfish!” “I should lower my expectations on internet chats.”

Look, I may have a different opinion, but why is it necessary to go personal? Let’s debate the facts and relative values of different options. I’m not here to get in an insults match. Hell, there’s plenty of complete strangers who’d probably get a kick out of verbally abusing me. But we’re all here for the same ultimate goal: make this as good a gaming experience as possible.

My position is we can all be in the same boat, and with a little different approach get a nice double node. No harm to anyone. More good stuff done equitably for a greater number of people. I’m not taking anything away from you. I’m trying to not have an opportunity taken away from me. Call it selfish if you want, but I won’t in any of the scenarios I have offered gain any advantage. On the other hand, the new node as it is, is an advantage for those who didn’t farm it. Period.

You can bring up coulda-woulda-shoulda and all kinds of derivatives. But that’s all highly subjective. The reality is I would have to spend roughly 3(X) energy to get HT, XB and Jango. Those who waited would spend 2(X) energy.
  • Buzzsaw wrote: »
    Better meaning more people would find it beneficial.

How do you quantify more people find it beneficial? Do you have numbers to prove that the vast majority of the player based farm HT? As i said before everyone in my guild of 48 is happy that Jango is on this node. Unless you have numbers proving that it would be more beneficial, your basing it off what you have in your roster
    I’m trying to find a better win-win scenario here. One that takes into account the fact that some people have already spent the time, energy, and (probably) money to farm HT.

And I presume everyone who continues to play will at some point will be farming HT, let’s use XB as an example, and Jango. So, why not make more people happy and have the same net affect by putting Jango on the XB node instead of the HT node?

Those who farmed HT early are on equal footing with those who farm HT later (and both are behind those who whaled on packs). But everyone is playing by the same basic requirements.

I’m not sure why everyone wants to make this personal. “You’re selfish!” “I should lower my expectations on internet chats.”

Look, I may have a different opinion, but why is it necessary to go personal? Let’s debate the facts and relative values of different options. I’m not here to get in an insults match. Hell, there’s plenty of complete strangers who’d probably get a kick out of verbally abusing me. But we’re all here for the same ultimate goal: make this as good a gaming experience as possible.

My position is we can all be in the same boat, and with a little different approach get a nice double node. No harm to anyone. More good stuff done equitably for a greater number of people. I’m not taking anything away from you. I’m trying to not have an opportunity taken away from me. Call it selfish if you want, but I won’t in any of the scenarios I have offered gain any advantage. On the other hand, the new node as it is, is an advantage for those who didn’t farm it. Period.

You can bring up coulda-woulda-shoulda and all kinds of derivatives. But that’s all highly subjective. The reality is I would have to spend roughly 3(X) energy to get HT, XB and Jango. Those who waited would spend 2(X) energy.

I do sincerely apologize if my selfish comment came off a little too personal, that wasn't my intention. Everyone is going to be behind or ahead at some point, so a "better" node is really realistic. Those who prioritised HT will get extra shard currency, jango and cuffs. Those who didn't will be able to farm a good toon, and ship. Can't really imagine a better win win
  • With regard to the beneficial, numbers aren’t necessary. Let’s pretend it’s 5% of the player population. Or 0.5%. Doesn’t matter. There are real human beings who were early adopters of HT and prioritized farming it.

Those same people are likely to also farm Jango and XB and IG and all kinds of stuff I don’t know about yet.

I and however other many other people now have to spend let’s call it 15000 (doesn’t matter that the number is) energy to farm HT. Now I and whatever number of other people have to spend another 15000 farming the same node for Jango. And another 15000 for XB. So 45000 energy.

Anyone who didn’t farm up HT will now be able to accomplish the same thing by spending 15000 farming HT and Jango concurrently, and 15000 farming XB. So 30000 energy.

If you more wisely spent the 15000 energy you saved farming cuffs from non-20-energy easy nodes, you’re coming out way ahead.

I’m proposing a more equitable solution would have been putting Jango on a node with XB. Those who have HT and those who don’t have HT both spend 30000 farming and have the 15000 to farm whatever else they may need.
    With regard to the beneficial, numbers aren’t necessary. Let’s pretend it’s 5% of the player population. Or 0.5%. Doesn’t matter. There are real human beings who were early adopters of HT and prioritized farming it.

Those same people are likely to also farm Jango and XB and IG and all kinds of stuff I don’t know about yet.

I and however other many other people now have to spend let’s call it 15000 (doesn’t matter that the number is) energy to farm HT. Now I and whatever number of other people have to spend another 15000 farming the same node for Jango. And another 15000 for XB. So 45000 energy.

Anyone who didn’t farm up HT will now be able to accomplish the same thing by spending 15000 farming HT and Jango concurrently, and 15000 farming XB. So 30000 energy.

If you more wisely spent the 15000 energy you saved farming cuffs from non-20-energy easy nodes, you’re coming out way ahead.

I’m proposing a more equitable solution would have been putting Jango on a node with XB. Those who have HT and those who don’t have HT both spend 30000 farming and have the 15000 to farm whatever else they may need.

Let's make up numbers to prove a point because numbers don't matter!

Here are my made up numbers: 100% of the player base wants HT. 75% wants Jango. Only 7% want XB. Of the 75% that want both Jango and HT, 10% have already finished farming HT. Therefore, for 7.5% of the player base, it would be more beneficial to have Jango on the XB node. For the rest of the player base it's better, based on my random numbers, to have Jango and HT together.
  • I feel its a great spot. Stormtrooper wasn't needed. Now we get Jango and HT. I want to get HT, so getting an extra character shard with it is great. Yes its a low yield node, but still HT+Jango is nice.
  • @Indominable_J There’s no way for me to know how many people farmed HT. But there is a population that did, right?

Assuming the same percentage of the population eventually will get 7* HT, XB and Jango, you’d be wrong. Because the population who got HT before this will always be disadvantaged.

Conversely, the way I’ve suggested puts everyone on the same playing field.

The numbers I’m using are demonstrative but regardless of what they are, the logic flows.

You’re making stuff up.

See the difference?
  • Safe to say after reading this that someone would have complained no matter where Jango went.
  • You’re probably right.
  • So to ensure everyone is on the same playing field we should go back to 3 attempts on hard nodes because long-term players had to 7* people from that. What an unfair advantage! Man the catapults!
  • In other news, dont farm 20 energy nodes until theres 2 items on them. For future reference ofcourse. Because thats where all new Marquees go.
  • Buzzsaw
    89 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Post edited by Buzzsaw on
  • Deum_Alisi1
    117 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I don't know understand why you people are crying over the HT farm. Everyone knows as soon as a lot of people get it they're gonna nerf it. Or rather claim it wasn't working as intended this whole time.
  • LoreleiPhoenix
    148 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Deleted
    Post edited by LoreleiPhoenix on
This discussion has been closed.