Non o'clock payout times?

Prev1
Am I seeing things?

I can change my payout to 17:00, 17:30, 18:00, 18:15, 18:30....

That can't be right can it?

Can't attach screenshot due to O2 outage across whole of UK

Replies

• Managed to find a way to screen shot
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Are you not understanding a 24 hour clock? 17:00 is =5:00
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    3pourr2 wrote: »

Pretty sure the question is about the x:30s and the like....

There are actually half hour time zones that exist.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

He's confused about the :15 and :30 timezones. Honestly, I am too, because it appears they are only available on Android.
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »

Don't insult me please @3pourr2

Payout times being 17:30 and 18:15 for example is the issue.

I was previously unaware that this was an option.

Were you?
  • StarSon wrote: »

He's confused about the :15 and :30 timezones. Honestly, I am too, because it appears they are only available on Android.

I'm on iOS
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member

Were you?

I was asking to help get you an answer as your post sat for 1 hour without one. Apparently my question sparked replies that got it answered. No it wasnt an insult I didn’t completely understand your question and was trying to clarify.

Were you?

I was asking to help get you an answer as your post sat for 1 hour without one. Apparently my question sparked replies that got it answered. No it wasnt an insult I didn’t completely understand your question and was trying to clarify.

So the title of the thread and the screenshot weren't clear enough?

Thank you for rushing to my rescue, my hero.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    To be honest the title should say why does android users get a different payout time selection than ios?
    To be honest the title should say why does android users get a different payout time selection than ios?

As clearly written by multuple people in this thread, this isnt different on android/ios, so that would have been a pretty bad name for the thread.
  • Sometimes it's best to stay out of a thread if you've got nothing to contribute!
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    I can see the snowflakes are deep in here
    I can see the snowflakes are deep in here

Great response.

Let's bear in mind that you've implied that a grown adult can't read 24 hour time and decided erroneously that this issue only applies to Android so far in this thread, then sought credit for doing so.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

Well, he said he's on iOS, so why would he ask that?

As clearly written by multuple people in this thread, this isnt different on android/ios, so that would have been a pretty bad name for the thread.

It is different *somehow* because I am on iOS and only have the :00 payouts available.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I’ve heard some people having payouts in x:30 PM before

My guild mate who is also in the UK has the same PO options as you do with 15/30 minute intervals
  • Why doesn't everyone get the 0:15 and 0:30 payout options? Actually who is the **** that decided that some users should have an option for payout times that aren't at the top of the hour?
  • 11 and noon I used to wait till 6pm and 12am for reset now 5pm its great.
  • Am I seeing things?

What city are you in? I want to figure out how to make my phone think I'm there for my reset. 8:30 pm local time would be my ideal payout........little one is in bed at 8:00pm and I hit the sack at 11:30 right after I collect my final energy....
  • Am I seeing things?

What city are you in? I want to figure out how to make my phone think I'm there for my reset. 8:30 pm local time would be my ideal payout........little one is in bed at 8:00pm and I hit the sack at 11:30 right after I collect my final energy....

Aberdeen, UK

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    From what we know, this is being looked at. If you are in certain timezones you can see these options but if you are not, you cant. Not sure why that is.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    From what we know, this is being looked at. If you are in certain timezones you can see these options but if you are not, you cant. Not sure why that is.

Any idea of these options will be made available to anyone? I'd certainly hold off on doing my switch a bit longer if this is the case....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Any idea of these options will be made available to anyone? I'd certainly hold off on doing my switch a bit longer if this is the case....

I have no confirmation either way (give them to all or try to remove them from some).

If you can, I would hold, but I wouldn't bank on anything just yet.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    <double post>
    Post edited by Waqui on
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Were you?

How is that an issue if it corresponds to some actual, existing time zone? There probably already were players with payouts at those times, before this feature was introduced.

Quoted from wikipedia:

"Most of the time zones on land are offset from Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) by a whole number of hours (UTC−12 to UTC+14), but a few zones are offset by 30 or 45 minutes (e.g. Newfoundland Standard Time is UTC−03:30, Nepal Standard Time is UTC+05:45, and Indian Standard Time is UTC+05:30).^
  • I live in UK so UTC is my time zone. None of those PO time options are timezones used anywhere in the world.

• Apart from 17:00 and 18:00, obviously!
  • It’s an interesting debate now that everyone can change time zones. Those are real time zones. Should people in those zones be able to keep payouts on the 15/30 minute interval? Or should everyone get them? IMO it needs to be one or the other. Seems silly for a select few people to be guaranteed an exclusive payout like that.
  • Waqui wrote: »

Were you?

How is that an issue if it corresponds to some actual, existing time zone? There probably already were players with payouts at those times, before this feature was introducrd.

It wasn’t an issue when everyone was assigned there own time zone. It was unfair, but that’s just kind of how it was for everyone. Now that we can select time zones, I don’t agree with a few people getting to choose all of those options that others can’t get to.
  • Absolutely - I was so tempted to pick one of the offset times.

They’re not real time zones though. If I chose 17:30 UTC or 18:15 UTC, that is not a “timezone”. I agree there are places in the world offset from UTC by x.5 hours, but surely then every single hour would need the xx:30 option so they could always have payout at an “o’clock” time. They don’t all have those offset times, just 17:00 and 18:00