Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

  • No_Try wrote: »
    RussianSKS wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    RussianSKS wrote: »
    It is ... but also other's. Learn to scan a thread and you'll see I'm not only.

    Then that's theirs too, I know as many that loves it. Your dislike depends on it being pvp or the matchmaking sucking? If it's the first nothing to do about it. If 2nd, you are right. That's still a pending issue.

    I'm tired of this game turning into one big PVP joke. It USED to be fun, plenty of pve, a little pve ... now it's just one big who's is bigger fest ... continuously forcing a user to battle someone else is not fun. Hopefully, if they keep going down this path they'll go under due to their constant stupidity. Then I shall laugh at all the whales who spent thousands on nothing.

    Look you are on a purely subjective area. I would argue same as you that pve is stupifingly boring for me since I need to put zero effort in it, can do it in brains off mode. And I wouldn't do it if not for the resources and progression. You can't seriously expect them to not deliver something you don't personally enjoy. Or you can find a game that's purely pve, this game is not it.

    Actually, this game is only pve. You never ever actually play another person in any mode in this entire game.

    You are directly competing against another player for a high score. You are facing off against what another player designs. That’s pretty clearly PvP. Just because you don’t have to react in real time to opponents decisions doesn’t mean it isn’t PvP.
  • No_Try
    3688 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    RussianSKS wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    RussianSKS wrote: »
    It is ... but also other's. Learn to scan a thread and you'll see I'm not only.

    Then that's theirs too, I know as many that loves it. Your dislike depends on it being pvp or the matchmaking sucking? If it's the first nothing to do about it. If 2nd, you are right. That's still a pending issue.

    I'm tired of this game turning into one big PVP joke. It USED to be fun, plenty of pve, a little pve ... now it's just one big who's is bigger fest ... continuously forcing a user to battle someone else is not fun. Hopefully, if they keep going down this path they'll go under due to their constant stupidity. Then I shall laugh at all the whales who spent thousands on nothing.

    Look you are on a purely subjective area. I would argue same as you that pve is stupifingly boring for me since I need to put zero effort in it, can do it in brains off mode. And I wouldn't do it if not for the resources and progression. You can't seriously expect them to not deliver something you don't personally enjoy. Or you can find a game that's purely pve, this game is not it.

    Actually, this game is only pve. You never ever actually play another person in any mode in this entire game.

    That's not true. Player vs. player doesn't necessarily mean realtime. Playing against AI with a team a player setup still puts you against that player. It's certainly not environment ;).
  • Ultra
    3959 posts Member
    He’s poking fun at the earlier logic that Grand Arena isn’t PvP hence this entire game is not PvP because all PvP are just AI controlled

    To clear up any confusion, it’s Player vs Player because

    1. You are fighting a strategy set by another player (Not AI)
    2. You are facing teams that vary in abilities, levels, gears, mods per each player (You won’t face the same difficulty against different AI controlled players)
    3. The unique roster depth differentiates each opponent (one has Revan the other doesn’t even have Chewbacca etc.)
    4. It’s a different battle against every battle rather than poorly geared and modded Phoenix Squad in Phase 1 Special Mission DS TB
  • The crying over this is crazy, if you do not want to spend time on this aspect of the game then dont. But to complain about time commitments and "they should be doing others things that we want" give me a break. Dailies take no time, and if you choose to be an officer and do more for your guild than you should not be bytching about time....the gaming experience is different for everyone and I am sure if I thought hard enough I could think of something I do not like but I rather enjoy so much of it I never let myself think of the negatives. To EA, communication is key on everything in my opinion and you do lack communication alot of the time but on the game side you guys are doing great please ignore ungrateful crybabies. Starting to understand the poor communication part also I wouldnt want to respond to nonsense all day either.
  • I just hope this mode allows us to use our entire roster and give an ample amount of defensive slots to use. Then it at least puts a little more strategy in to the game of who and how many to place.

    If they limit the amount of slots, then we are back to only using a portion of our roster that is G11 and higher.
  • Rewards are seriously lacklustre considering the time they expect me to spend on this. Will run 6 days after sign up period. Currently showing 30 mkV droid callers and 2 slicing pieces for mods i never use as they require mk2 pulse modulators required for tier E mods. And that's if I finish first. I get this is just an intro 2v2 mode but still underwhelmed.

    Looks like an interesting game mode but I'll pass unless rewards get a big boost.
  • We don't even know what the rewards are yet. This is a test run with 1 opponent and we haven't even seen between round, overall or defeating enemy reward structures. Can you just give it a minute before getting worked up over something you don't know yet?
  • Lets do it!!!!
  • All I can say is with the long waiting period, for a 1 vs 1 fight, this better be all that and 3 bags of chips. Sheesh...
    Leader: Grey Area 51 - My Squads: https://swgoh.gg/p/716522998/
  • If the "event rewards" are what you see there, and that's it, then I agree it's a bit of a letdown. I could see getting that each round, but if that's what the winner gets for a week-long event, that's kind of underwhelming. I guess we'll find out in a few minutes. Maybe. I suppose they could modify/nerf it any time with or without telling us, so who knows what to expect.
  • Great... another way to be totally screwed by working on the Jawa early on... since it doesnt say anywhere that certain squads are practically useless (and now detrimental to work on early) i fell headfirst into that trap. Now my 5x Lvl 85 G-10+ Jawa (second best squad now) will completely screw me here due to them not being the match of ANY other similar lvl and gp squad.
  • TVF
    16330 posts Member
    How did you come to the conclusion that Jawas should be anywhere near the top of your squad list?
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    How did you come to the conclusion that Jawas should be anywhere near the top of your squad list?

    Because jawas
  • Magilla262
    70 posts Member
    edited December 2018

    a
  • JediRobb wrote: »
    If the "event rewards" are what you see there, and that's it, then I agree it's a bit of a letdown. I could see getting that each round, but if that's what the winner gets for a week-long event, that's kind of underwhelming. I guess we'll find out in a few minutes. Maybe. I suppose they could modify/nerf it any time with or without telling us, so who knows what to expect.

    They did say each roind would have rewards then there are rewards for the week. This one is only 1 round so my guess is that it'll be more when it's 3 rounds.
  • It's a bit negative that we can't place the order of the squads that we set on defence. In TW we set the order of which they need to be faced but here the game sets the order. How it that testing our strategic play? Downer!
  • NO SHIPS!

    the responsible of you is soooo lousy @CG/EA
  • My game has been crashing since grand arena timer stopped. Anyone else having the same issue?
  • I just set my 4 defensive teams. My opponent is much higher rank in the arena and has #1 the tank takedown. So i'll probably lose this matchup.
  • Will this work like TW where we can’t use the teams we set on defense to attack?
  • Robert wrote: »
    Will this work like TW where we can’t use the teams we set on defense to attack?

    I would assume so. I'll know the answer in 24 hours haha.
  • It's a bit negative that we can't place the order of the squads that we set on defence. In TW we set the order of which they need to be faced but here the game sets the order. How it that testing our strategic play? Downer!

    Thats not how TW works. You can pick which team to fight....
  • Can’t log in. Keep getting error code 3.0. Been trying for half an hour now.
  • Robert wrote: »
    Will this work like TW where we can’t use the teams we set on defense to attack?

    This is the biggest question. Please someone answer this...
  • It's a bit negative that we can't place the order of the squads that we set on defence. In TW we set the order of which they need to be faced but here the game sets the order. How it that testing our strategic play? Downer!

    Thats not how TW works. You can pick which team to fight....

    I think they meant that some territories are behind others in TW, so you can’t fight the squads in back without clearing the ones in front.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • Eliyahu wrote: »
    Robert wrote: »
    Will this work like TW where we can’t use the teams we set on defense to attack?

    This is the biggest question. Please someone answer this...

    I think so. I saved some good teams for offense so I hope so. They said the number of defensive teams would vary based on the lowe players gp. Mine allowed 6 teams for defense and I can field 10 teams easily and a couple more b teams so based onthe number of teams needed, I'd say you're supposed to save some for offense.
  • I just hope the guy I'm matched is not the guy with the same name on swgoh.gg
    >:) So what? I want Krell!
  • ah poor matchmaking so i am not even going to try. ill put in a lvl 1 cup for the opponent because ea/cg cant design something that actually works.

    theres over 100k gp difference and the guy has more g12s and revan where i dont have revan.

    really fair matchup to start. why didnt they design a event that people actually wanted that would work for people instead of this bad system.
  • Robert wrote: »
    Will this work like TW where we can’t use the teams we set on defense to attack?

    Since it was described as a mini-TW, that's a safe bet.
Sign In or Register to comment.