Post your grand arena match ups... [MERGE]

Replies

• My opponent has a very similar GP but his collection is much worse than mine.
    I've got a good feeling about this.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Our GP is literally exactly the same, with just over 2 million. He has some more G12 and zeta's, but he barely has any teams.
    His only real forces are Sith (but no Nihilus or Traya) and Rebels.
    No JTR, no Revan, no Bastila, no Thrawn, no Bossk or BH, no Nightsisters, Phoenix or practically any other team.
    This is one messed up priority guy lol
  • My opponent has Error Code 3.0 more GP than me - really strong - I can't get past him !!!
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    My guy does not have a .gg profile so I just looked him up in game (btw, you guys should be doing that and NOT looking at .gg in-case its not accurate, since there were three guys with the same name as mine, and he wasn't any of them).

And well, from what I saw, I didn't even have to put down anything on defence and I would have won, so... yeah x3
  • My opponent's GP is 838,554 and he has 0 fleet (I mean literally 0 fleet, he has 6 x 1star ships and 3 x 1star capital ships).

My GP is 838,632 with 426,856 character GP and 408,326 fleet GP.

So our total GP is balanced. HOWEVER, his character GP is twice my character GP and there's no fleet battles. If there's no fleet battles, why is fleet GP included in the calculation?

Character and Ship GP should be weighted based on the number of possible banners awarded. If the banners are 50/50 then using total GP is fine. However, if 100% of the banners are from characters, then 0% of the ship GP should be used in the calculation.
  • My opponent has 1.84 million total GP and 1.11 character GP. I have 1.84 total and 1.16 character GP.

I have six gear 12, six gear 11, ten gear 10, and ten zetas. My opponent has seven gear 12, seven gear 11, eight gear 10, and 11 zetas.

I have Revan and they don't, but they have better defensive zetas.

My matchup is pretty fair.
  • Thought it was supposed to match up on similar rosters, not GP.

I'm not even going to set a defense
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Mine is a pretty solid match. Even GP and some fairly on par development.
  • LE_DUC
    15 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    My matchup is fine
  • 7bgra1oupm0b.png
    Look my pairing, 1.6 millions up....

So bad
  • I think it's worth noting that the plan is not 1 on 1 but 8 man.

The chances are you're going to be somewhere in the middle of the pack and need to farm pts of lower players and play conservatively vs the scary people.

However, I hope that they do everything they can to ensure fair as possible, as I'm potentially super excited by the Grand arena and chance to use more than 5 toons
    Keyboard Warrior on the side of the Moderates
    I play the game for fun, if you don't like content, don't like the game, then why are you here?
  • Did you validate this in game, and not rely on SWGOH.GG?
    People are finding the wrong players by a google search/SWGOH.GG.
  • Right. Use the View Rewards button to see exactly what your opponent has. Not super-intuitive, but it works
  • Mine was fair. We are within 20K GP (both 4.1M) and neither of us have Revan
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    FolsomTony wrote: »
    Did you validate this in game, and not rely on SWGOH.GG?
    kurtisblow wrote: »
    Right. Use the View Rewards button to see exactly what your opponent has. Not super-intuitive, but it works

But then people can't complain... oh wait they will come up with another reason
  • This is kind of off topic but, did we have to join grand arena similar to how we join TW? Cause I was never sent a notification in game or thru my device notifications. I assumed that since I was never sent a notification, nothing had happened yet. I got on probably 5 mins before posting this and it just says something a long the lines of "no grand arena events being available at this time"
  • kurtisblow wrote: »
    Right. Use the View Rewards button to see exactly what your opponent has. Not super-intuitive, but it works

Thanks just tried that. Fwiw I'm matched almost identical. Not just gp, but also breakdown between chars/ships. Even 1 arena rank away 31 and 32! (Different shards - also probably a coincidence, but kinda cool)
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    My opponent has a very similar GP but his collection is much worse than mine.
    I've got a good feeling about this.

I think you’re my opponent. Our GP is only 100k apart, but he’s better than me in every faction. I have 6 zetas, he has 21. I’ve already lost, and it’s a bit depressing.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ZCD_9915 wrote: »
    This is kind of off topic but, did we have to join grand arena similar to how we join TW? Cause I was never sent a notification in game or thru my device notifications. I assumed that since I was never sent a notification, nothing had happened yet. I got on probably 5 mins before posting this and it just says something a long the lines of "no grand arena events being available at this time"

@ZCD_9915 yes, you had to join.
  • As somebody else said they took ships into this one it appears. My opponent is almost the same gp. But I have a 100k gp advantage on chars or so. Not huge but seems more collector and I have built up for arena and tw overall. So not just that but mods are a huge difference. His arena team averages plus 40 speed a char. I average +120ish a char on mine. My garbage mods on meh teams outrun him
  • Yeah my matchup looks fine gp wise. Except he/she has treya and I do not. So hopefully I hope i can counter that team somehow. Or hope he/she saves it for offense.
  • Mines is an even match, he has Revan but no Traya, I have Traya but no Revan. GP is off by 340, with both of us sitting at 3.7 mil.

When you click on the rewards and bring up your opponents roster, the message button is lit up. So if you are facing a mighty opponent, try messaging them to try and work something out so you get some decent practice. Just an idea that could help.
  • FolsomTony wrote: »
    Did you validate this in game, and not rely on SWGOH.GG?

Thanks for pointing this out. I thought there’d be no way two people had a name like “Ceth Senpai” (is that some obscure Star Wars character I’m not aware of?). Anyway, the actual opponent is an even GP match. Feeling much better.
  • Thanks for pointing this out. I thought there’d be no way two people had a name like “Ceth Senpai” (is that some obscure Star Wars character I’m not aware of?). Anyway, the actual opponent is an even GP match. Feeling much better.

That’s one of the default names the game assigns, like Mol Eliza
  • my opponent has identical GP. not much squad development though outside of sith and nix. he has more Zetas, but they are all on zMaul sith. my roster is pretty thin at the very top, though. will be a good match up for me.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Halo wrote: »
    Thanks for pointing this out. I thought there’d be no way two people had a name like “Ceth Senpai” (is that some obscure Star Wars character I’m not aware of?). Anyway, the actual opponent is an even GP match. Feeling much better.

That’s one of the default names the game assigns, like Mol Eliza

I’ve seen many, many, MANY Mol Eliza’s in my days. You’d think everyone would want a unique name, but I guess I am wrong.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    I’ve seen many, many, MANY Mol Eliza’s in my days. You’d think everyone would want a unique name, but I guess I am wrong.

Yeah I know. Shows how lazy people can be
  • I have 4 less gp than my opponent. I have no idea how that is possible. he has 5 more ships, 4 more characters and we both are sort of bloated but I am going to crush him. Maybe we need to look at how GP is calculated?
  • Have very little GP difference between myself and opponent, yet the gear and zeta difference is astounding. Opponent has 21 zetas, 16 g12+, vs my 9 zetas and 12 g12. Quite a big difference in g11s in his favor as well.