2Next

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    @jkray622 is 100% correct. This game has an update about once a week. That’s a lot of new content in one year.

The OP was trying to say that nothin really new entered the game. More characters or ships are not "new." A new raid, a new game mode (like Territory Battles), that's what the OP was complaining about.

However, Grand Arena just launched, and he's complaining that we haven't had any new game modes. I find that funny.

It is funny. I’m just trying to say that most games don’t update often. So complaining about no new raids, or game modes, or groundbreaking additions when we have an update a week isn’t a very strong statement.

Also we got Ships 2.0, Mods 2.0, Titles, Quests, and a couple new factions. So pretty good year for big advancements.

Just to be fair, there are those that do NOT consider either "2.0" to be an "advancement" but simply a chance for CG to make players pay, again, for something they already bought once.

My bad, and I shall clarify:
    Large changes.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Olddumper wrote: »
    @jkray622 is 100% correct. This game has an update about once a week. That’s a lot of new content in one year.

The OP was trying to say that nothin really new entered the game. More characters or ships are not "new." A new raid, a new game mode (like Territory Battles), that's what the OP was complaining about.

However, Grand Arena just launched, and he's complaining that we haven't had any new game modes. I find that funny.

This post was made a month ago. I figured just about all the bullet points are still spot on. The hope for grand arena to be fun is the reason I haven’t quit the game.

Even a month ago, the point about the Sith raid being the only new playable content was wrong. A month ago, we already had contraband cargo, smuggler's run, galactic bounties I and II. We got new mythic tiers of legendaries (I believe Thrawn, Palpatine, and Yoda were new this year). I don't remember if Rebel Roundup was a new assault battle this year, but it may have been.

The rewards for contraband cargo, and galactic bounties I and II are non rewards for me.

You are right though, this year every other month I get to auto the smugglers event. Rebel round up was this year as well but also autoable non-progression.

Better than most games.

This year has been full of stuff, good and bad, and I think CG accomplished what they wanted to. But by all means, create a game that makes a lot of money and gets an “Editors Choice” label and is as popular as this one. Make it better than this one on every level, because then I can play a better game.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

It is funny. I’m just trying to say that most games don’t update often. So complaining about no new raids, or game modes, or groundbreaking additions when we have an update a week isn’t a very strong statement.

Also we got Ships 2.0, Mods 2.0, Titles, Quests, and a couple new factions. So pretty good year for big advancements.

Just to be fair, there are those that do NOT consider either "2.0" to be an "advancement" but simply a chance for CG to make players pay, again, for something they already bought once.

Whatever you think of it, it's absolutely new content. All ships were reworked, combat was reworked, and an entire new table introduced. All ignored by the OP.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I don't agree with all, but the arena timeout struggle is real.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I lol'd at "G12+ is largely irrelevant; it does little to buff your toons" but other than that op isn't that wrong imo. lol @ the hate
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I do agree with you that 6 dot mods being limited to g12 sucks, everything else is debateable.
  • Jubai
    112 posts Member
    I totally agree, especially about the revan arena part
  • Idk dude, I took a 6 month break and came back and I appreciated the development in the game. Sure arena is mostly dominated by a few teams, but you can still use your other characters in tw and Tb. Then raids frequently pull up old characters for interesting teams. When was Pao ever relevant for any team? Now he is part of chex mix which is one of the few good phase 3 teams for the hstr. Plus we are getting the grand arena now, which is exciting. I think if you are dissatisfied with the game, take a break for a couple months and come back if you feel like it. You will find yourself enjoying the game over again.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Below is a post I made about a month ago I'll just repost it since I'm guessing it is still relevant.

IMO they botched this year. Not just Revan, the entire year. Especially the 2nd half of the year. That's why people are getting frustrated. Most pride themselves on winning this game based off attrition and the shrewd management of resources. But most of us are beginning to wonder what exactly are we saving/farming for?
    Let me point out some key mistakes that were made this year;

- The level cap stagnated; in prior years we were driving onward and upwards. Investments in a particular toons lasted and were built upon as new gear an abilities came out. Now all power creep is kit based. They need to balance the creep between existing content and new toons.
    - There is no free lunch; we used to get shards and cool new things in bronzniums and shops. Now every toon costs you crystals at one time or another.
    - They introduced imbalanced power creep; with Revan and Traya/trio, do any of the other comps even matter anymore? 145 out of 160 toons are useless for top end arena now. All the other new content this year was white noise.
    - They didn't re-balance any challenges; Credit Heists, Daily Events, and the like are all stuck balanced to 2017 or worse. As a result we have nonsense bottle necks on stale content. Most of the content in this game is frozen in place from when it was released. If the shops and events were re-balanced just once a year it would be a huge improvement
    - G12+ is largely irrelevant; it does little to buff your toons, while being incredibly difficult to obtain
    - Mods 2.0 froze mods; With the new mod system it is much more difficult to build a base of mods to slice. Moreover, slicing is fairly useless, especially to F2P. 6 dot mods not being allowed on g12 toons pay-walled the majority of the update.
    - The only new playable content we got is the sith raid; No other playable content or modes were introduced
    - The best changes to the game included mod management and making more things sim-able; Their best achievements were simply making us play the game less, let that one sink in. Instead of building a natural progression through TB and the raids, every variant stayed necessary. To make up this time cost they just made everything else sim-able instead building a natural progression from beginner to end game content.
    - They completely ditched the original story line; We are in a Cantina playing holo-tables. They have completely lost any sort of arc to the game
    - Battles have grown in length; Broken AI and poor kit design have most battles TW/Arena going near 4 or 5 minutes at 4x speed. Remember when battles were 45 second on 1x speed. These marathon battles are the reason nothing holds on D
    - They gave us 1 million marquee toons; Then they promptly put the only two events back to back. We had nothing all year and then they did the toon events back to back
    This game brings in tons of money. The above issues are undeniable. There are many more issues that I didn't mention. Instead of building kit-creep and more panic farms they should just run through these bullet points and knock them out.

- The level cap provides a blanketed raise of all toons, it's an artificial jump that makes PVE content easier but overall achieves nothing else except draining credits from the game. Level 85 or level 90. What's really the difference after a month or so?

- That free lunch is still there - but it's for new players more than it is us long termers. You still get those same shard pulls except now they become shard currency and how is that a bad thing?

- Traya/Revan were a jump in power, but that's how these games work. How is it different to CLS breaking the game? OMG Rex is only for p2p, Nerf Rey! I can't beat Dooku, or the dynamic duos of Wiggs and Chaze. Power creep has been happening since day 1. It isn't a third year problem.

- Just like the free lunch. These are balanced towards new players more than it is longterm players, and why does credit heist need a rebalance? I've been 100% f2p since day one and I'm sitting on 85mil for when I actually need it. There's more than enough credits in the game.

- G12+ is like any game, especially if you're a fan of RPG's. The higher you go the harder the next level is to obtain for less gain. Games always try to limit growth at the top by using a curve. Aside from that G12+ is far from irrelevant for toons.

- Couldn't disagree more with mods being useless for f2p. All I've been doing is slicing my green, blue, purple mods. I've had so many speed boosts to mods that went from average to good or good to great.

- New content. You've already mentioned this post was made before grand arena so fair enough. Still, new game modes don't get rolled out every couple of months. 2-3 a year is about standard and consistent from year 1 to year 3.

- Agree that the best thing was all the simmable content, but again the content that us longterm players sim is something that helps new players and is a requirement for them.

- This game never had a storyline.

- Yeah some battles drag out too long. It makes you feel like you're on a treadmill sometimes.

- Marquee toons give us a 3* character right away for autoing 5 battles. They could always just stick toons on hard nodes for us to start at 0/10. As for Legendaries, they haven't changed since day one. You need 5 toons to get one.

You talk alot about balance but one of the biggest things I think they're trying to do is maintain a balance between the new player and the longterm player. A lot of the issues you raise seem to be coming from the point of a longer term player who wants things rebalanced for the longterm player. That would scale everything up which would give new players way too much way too early and would A) Probably annoy older players for some reason and B) Give newer players less incentive to spend.

I could be wrong but you sound worn down by the constant cycle of farming, but that's just what happens. Once you've been playing for 2-3 years the game will never have that new fresh feel again. Nothing will ever be as new and exciting as that first 6 months.

Anyway, this is all just my opinion, and hopefully I elaborated enough for you (if not too much.) If you feel differently that's fine, we can agree to disagree, we've both put forward our viewpoints and that's what forums are for.

• JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    CurryBeans wrote: »
    The shills are out in force, quick to reply here

Yeah you should see all the shilling I did in the Sith Raid threads for the majority of the year. Clear CG plant right here, you've got me.

Maybe next time instead of ignorant generic labels you could just not post?
    strubbz and jagged can continue say nothing or use memes or being obvious CG employees

Sorry that my reply was not immediate. I will adjust my schedule to ensure that I am available 24/7 encase a long winded reply is needed ASAP.

It's called a work day. You should try it sometime.

• JaggedJ wrote: »

Yeah you should see all the shilling I did in the Sith Raid threads for the majority of the year. Clear CG plant right here, you've got me.

strubbz and jagged can continue say nothing or use memes or being obvious CG employees

Sorry that my reply was not immediate. I will adjust my schedule to ensure that I am available 24/7 encase a long winded reply is needed ASAP.

aa yea, as said, CG employee.
    i hope you got the computer yesterday. after all, just one. :)
    anyway, all fine bro. you dont care as much as the OP from the game obviously, as it seems you are just a casual player (480 fleet arena wins is what people do in 3 months) or you dont feel how he feels, probably because you dont care as much as him.
    as i said in previous comment, the game lost some of its fun aspect, and all the moves in the game are currently focused on "making money", while in the first 1.5 years at least it had a focus on bringing cool, exciting stuff, for our FUN, without milking us from money.
    but dont worry, because you are just a casual (and its fine btw) i wont take you too seriously, you can keep writing weird stuff.

anyway, all fine bro. you dont care as much as the OP from the game obviously, as it seems you are just a casual player (480 fleet arena wins is what people do in 3 months) or you dont feel how he feels, probably because you dont care as much as him.
    as i said in previous comment, the game lost some of its fun aspect, and all the moves in the game are currently focused on "making money", while in the first 1.5 years at least it had a focus on bringing cool, exciting stuff, for our FUN, without milking us from money.
    but dont worry, because you are just a casual (and its fine btw) i wont take you too seriously, you can keep writing weird stuff.

I ignore fleet. I auto my one battle a day to complete my dailies. I simply don't like ships. Ignoring one facet of a game doesn't make someone casual (although it does make you ignorant for cherry picking a small stat to try and prove a larger point.)

Has nothing to do with care level either. He explained his view, I explained mine and it was done so in a way that didn't resort to labelling people as employees (just as you're trying to label me casual now to be dismissive) because they share a differing opinion.

The game has always been about money and getting new players hooked. You're in the grind part of the game where the new car smell has worn off.
    JaggedJ wrote: »

I ignore fleet. I auto my one battle a day to complete my dailies. I simply don't like ships. Ignoring one facet of a game doesn't make someone casual (although it does make you ignorant for cherry picking a small stat to try and prove a larger point.)

Has nothing to do with care level either. He explained his view, I explained mine and it was done so in a way that didn't resort to labelling people as employees (just as you're trying to label me casual now to be dismissive) because they share a differing opinion.

The game has always been about money and getting new players hooked. You're in the grind part of the game where the new car smell has worn off.

i mean, i consider someone outside top100 in arena casual as well, so i dont need to cherry pick.
    there are competitive players and there are the others. you are one of the others. and as i said, its totally fine.
    and yea, you are right about dismissive. i am dismissing your opinion. not only because you are casual with 129 avg arena rank or less than 1800 arena wins...
    im dismissing your opinion because "game has always been about money" is not true. ive been there and i know better - the game had amazing stuff that didnt involve only money, like it seems to be now.
    im in the grind part of the game since the start, because i always was on the top. im day 1 player that constantly in top of the arena and i always made sure im ahead of the curve and will continue to be at the top. i never needed to "catch up" and then start the grind. im in the grind for more than 3 years. so no, mr casual, you cant tell me about the grind :)
    anyway, being ahead of the curve now is much much harder. the game got much greedier and the power creep too hard. CLS was a huge power creep but getting him was pretty easy. getting revan was absurd. even before that, getting JTR meant you gonna farm 2 useless toons.
    and the JTR example is perfect after all. it meant to bring money - ok. cool. who actually ENJOYING farming the vets ? probably no one. probably most suffered. in the years before, they did their money while also giving us some fun or not making this un-fun at least.
    "the game has always been..." isnt valid opinion by you, because you wasnt here since its release, and well, i dismiss your opinion cause you casual :)
    JaggedJ wrote: »

i mean, i consider someone outside top100 in arena casual as well, so i dont need to cherry pick.
    there are competitive players and there are the others. you are one of the others. and as i said, its totally fine.
    and yea, you are right about dismissive. i am dismissing your opinion. not only because you are casual with 129 avg arena rank or less than 1800 arena wins...
    im dismissing your opinion because "game has always been about money" is not true. ive been there and i know better - the game had amazing stuff that didnt involve only money, like it seems to be now.
    im in the grind part of the game since the start, because i always was on the top. im day 1 player that constantly in top of the arena and i always made sure im ahead of the curve and will continue to be at the top. i never needed to "catch up" and then start the grind. im in the grind for more than 3 years. so no, mr casual, you cant tell me about the grind :)
    anyway, being ahead of the curve now is much much harder. the game got much greedier and the power creep too hard. CLS was a huge power creep but getting him was pretty easy. getting revan was absurd. even before that, getting JTR meant you gonna farm 2 useless toons.
    and the JTR example is perfect after all. it meant to bring money - ok. cool. who actually ENJOYING farming the vets ? probably no one. probably most suffered. in the years before, they did their money while also giving us some fun or not making this un-fun at least.
    "the game has always been..." isnt valid opinion by you, because you wasnt here since its release, and well, i dismiss your opinion cause you casual :)

The game wouldn't exist for more than 2 months without it being about money. The fact they've made that more obvious in the last year or so doesn't change that fact.

Your entire post boils down to - I've been here longer, I do better, therefore my opinion matters and yours doesn't.

That's fine, you do you, but your post says far more about you than it does me.
  • Beyol
    328 posts Member
    Stick wrote: »

It's really as if people don't remember how the 1st two years of the game went compared to the third. It is similar to the gap in between episode 7 and episode 8, where somewhere along the line every standard that was set and any point in the story line was just thrown out.

The thought actually crossed my mind as I read your first post. “This guys got a problem with the last Jedi too I bet “

the Very fact that someone tried to Justify the opinion of the first post by saying “ if someone else had posted this it wouldn’t be dismissed “ brings up a lot of things. Does this op have a history of complaints ? Does he live up to his name ? A dumper ?

They are both the same person. He or she just needed someone to back them, separate account does that. It's common everywhere you can post. They blather about and when the odds are heavy against them, they bring in the back up.
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    They completely ditched the original story line; We are in a Cantina playing holo-tables. They have completely lost any sort of arc to the game

Yeah, we're role playing gambling addicts who spend way too much time on the holotables :neutral: As well as too much money in many cases. I've always found this background story a bit on the nose, to be honest.

• This did not and does not “need to be reviewed”.