How Many Sections In Grand Arena?

My favorite part of TW has always been planning. The chess aspect; strategies, bluffs, double bluffs, triple bluffs, etc. Baiting opponents to attack a particular section, the mind games are so much fun.
So, I was super excited when Grand Arena was pitched as a mini-TW. Strategizing TW is fun, but it never goes as planned, because people don't read, or their teams aren't up to snuff, or a wide variety of reasons. Grand Arena however, is just you.
Imagine my disappointment that it appears all 3/4 of my teams are clumped together in a single section. Only having 2 sections severely limits strategy, and when you're having to place 7 teams on defense, you need all the edge you can get.
#CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).

Replies

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Yeah I hope instead of having two territories of 3 or 4 each, we have more territories to hide our teams and force the order of enemy attack path
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    From what little info Crumb has given out, this seems like a mini-event. I'm guessing there will be more slices (ugh) later.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    pmh1ix2q4so2.jpeg

Going off this statement and a maximum of 7 seems its only going to be 2.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Why couldn't it be 4?

EDIT: I'm 3m and I have 3 per territory, so...???
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    It could be any amount but with conquer banners idk if I would want just one squad in a zone.
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    pmh1ix2q4so2.jpeg

That means...
    if my GP is 2M, then my enemy’s GP may be around 1.75M~2.75M??
  • If the matchmaking were better, adding rear zones would create an interesting strategic aspect. As it is, it would just make matchups even more lopsided in favor of top-heavy rosters.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    komji15 wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    pmh1ix2q4so2.jpeg

That means...
    if my GP is 2M, then my enemy’s GP may be around 1.75M~2.75M??

Should be “similar” (tm) gp those numbers are just for battle size
  • These numbers are with ships, and only 5x5 without ships, and 3x3 what is the amount of squads?