How many of you actually have enough squads for GA?

Prev1
This isn't a complaint, just a general question! I'm curious to see everyone's average played time/GP/squads they can yield. Although I think GA is a great idea there isn't much strategy for me with 1.5 million GP and a little over 10 months played. I can yield,

Bounty hunters
JTR resistance squad
CLS rebels with chewy
Phoenix
Empire
FO (weak, no zetas)

And that's about it. I'm close to finishing nightsisters, Ewoks and clones but most of my focus is HSTR.

So what's your roster to time ratio look like? Are you gonna focus on GA at all?

Replies

• 1.4 GP

nightsisters
    empire
    IT
    cls rebels

Bh, phoenix, Jedi are serviceable
  • I’m actually excited about this mode. I took my (very long) time to build a balanced roster, all at a minimum of g7 and all L85. If this mode had come out a few months earlier I would be in (very) bad shape, but now I have 70 toons at g11/12, in addition to the balanced backups, and I can’t wait to get to use them all. Feels satisfying. Could be wrong of course, but it should be fun anyway!
    Ooba hutar.
  • 3 months 880-890 ish forgot teams arena empire + fleet captains. I throw trash on defense aka Phoenix save my top 15 toons for attacks most no synergy but I should be able to beat every zone so losing won’t happen. I play for equipment mod slicing as im not a collector so these things hold value.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    this mode doesn't seem to be designed for a stop strategy like TW.

this seems to be more about balance and clean wins. build teams and make sure you have counter teams.
  • I can field a lot of decent teams, with only a couple completed teams. I've got:

Phoenix gear 12+
    Bastila Jedi gear 11+
    zBossk Hunters gear 11+

Then there's:

FO gear 11 (no Trooper, though)
    Imperial troopers gear 11 (no range trooper)
    Zader team gear 10+
    CLS Rebels gear 10+
    JTR team gear 10+
    Ewoks gear 8+

And then there's several sets of leftovers that are anywhere from gear 7-10. 3.05 million GP.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    My "real" teams are First Order and Jedi on the top territory, Empire and Nightsisters on the bottom. For the third team on top I threw in my junky Phoenix, which includes a lvl 60 Sabine because Ezra is on my Jedi team. More to get the points for putting a team in than anything.

That leaves me JTR Resistance, scoundrels, CLS rebels, and some assorted scraps for offense. No clue how it'll work out.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• They need to increase the number of teams to set on d. I really want to be able to use my entire inventory. It still seems like we are only going to fight the top teams of someine elses inventory.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Im a little light on squads but I will use the suicide squad tactic I used long ago to get through galactic wars if necessary.
  • 3M GP, could field 3 full fleet teams of about 300K+ and a 200K 4th with leftovers... But no ships this round.

I have enough except team 6 on Off/D are weak.
    D:
    Bossk BH(97K)
    Bast Jedi(82)
    Pheonix(82, ezra is in Jedi)
    FO(80K)
    Rogue one(73K gp)
    Nighsisters(56k gp)

Off:
    JTR 98K
    Rebel(CLS, Chewie, wiggs lead maybe) 100K
    Sith(80K+)
    Empire(80K+)
    Ewoks(75K)
    Not sure who will be team six could be scoundrels, rebels or leftovers. Could be G11 Sam, IG88, Gen soldier and G10 vet scoundrels. Maybe Qi'ra lead and remove Gen soldier.
  • I just hit 4m GP and now I am expected to have 7 teams on defense and take out 7 opposing teams too.

Looks like I'm going to have to drop my GP for the next GA. :D
  • My opponent and I are both 1.8 million GP, so I only have 5 teams to set. I didn't have enough good teams to fill all of my spots and still have at least 5 for offense.

I have a 98k Empire team and a 60k no zeta FO team on the bottom, with a 95k Jedi team, 55k Jedi team, and a 32k scoundrel team on top. I have one rebel squad, a BH squad, and troopers left for offense.
  • 3.2mil, 6 teams to set, won’t post who as I’m sure my opponent is on here and as I googled there gg account, I know they don’t have treya or revan, so it could be interesting...
  • Why are people trying to find their opponent via SWGOH.gg?...... Click on gra d arena, then rewards and click on your opponent and you can see their entire roster in game....
  • I did try but the clicking isn’t working for me so gg it is... not sure whether it’s just my phone being a kitten
  • 8 months in I'm at 2m. Realistically speaking, I have 3 amazing offense and 3 great defense teams. My roster isn't my strength, my mods are so I can make average 11-15k toons pretty good.

You have 6 amazing/great squads after playing 8 months? That’s some good going, I’m struggling to fill 8 squads after been playing 3 years. I think I will fill out 3-4 good def squads (rest so-so) and keep 4 good for attacks.
  • I have a 4.4M account, 7 defense teams to set, plus 7 minimum for viable offense ... yeah, I think it's actually a bit much. 70 characters to mod and optimise.

I would have been happier with 4 defensive squads, much like TW, and 1 fleet, instead of 7 defensive squads and no fleets (what's up with that?!).

There's a fine line between playing a fun mobile game and having a second job. I'm hoping this isn't going to be the status quo.
  • nope put in 6 teams wont even bother with offence, matchmaking is a joke
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    I have a 4.4M account, 7 defense teams to set, plus 7 minimum for viable offense ... yeah, I think it's actually a bit much. 70 characters to mod and optimise.

I would have been happier with 4 defensive squads, much like TW, and 1 fleet, instead of 7 defensive squads and no fleets (what's up with that?!).

There's a fine line between playing a fun mobile game and having a second job. I'm hoping this isn't going to be the status quo.

Maybe to have some incentives to develop your collection to more than 8 teams?
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Palanthian wrote: »
    I have a 4.4M account, 7 defense teams to set, plus 7 minimum for viable offense ... yeah, I think it's actually a bit much. 70 characters to mod and optimise.

I think there are adequate incentives in the game already, they've overcooked this one.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member

7 battles or 5 battles, that's not that big of a difference.
    Facing some weaker teams on offense seems more fun to me than facing the same 4 meta teams each and every GA to be honest. It's kinda fun to find the optimal balance between defense and offense imo. I only have to place 6 teams on defense, but i certainly can't beat my best 6 teams with the remainder of my roster.
  • What everyone seems to be failing to realize is your opponent will also struggle to put 7 teams on d, which means your g8 squads will be going up against g8 squads. IMO...this content is about one collection vs another and not my best 3 teams vs your best 3 teams.

I personally would enjoy the outcome to come down to whose 8th and 9th team is stronger.
  • Boov wrote: »

Facing some weaker teams on offense seems more fun to me than facing the same 4 meta teams each and every GA to be honest. It's kinda fun to find the optimal balance between defense and offense imo. I only have to place 6 teams on defense, but i certainly can't beat my best 6 teams with the remainder of my roster.

This guy gets it
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    Neo2551 wrote: »

I think there are adequate incentives in the game already, they've overcooked this one.

This content should be about your entire collection and not just about your top 4 to 5 meta teams.
  • 1.47 million GP
    zFinn resistance
    Empire Wall
    Bastilla Wall
    Decent CLS
    Decent FO
    Phoenix
  • This new thing is so much fun...

Surprised seeing many people holding jtr for offense. My jtr team highlights my defense. Gp 1.4 so I have only 4 teams to field, using jtr, bossk BH, phoenix, and ns... The squads besides my jtr aren't stellar. My zEp arena team will hopefully take out his zBossk g12 BH team, my cls rebels, Jedi, and assorted junk for the other teams. It will be fun and further fuel me to flesh out other full teams
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    JTR Resistance, CLS Rebels with Han and 5* Chewie, Empire/Sith, Zaul Sith, Phoenix, FO, Assaj Nightsisters, Bastilla Jedi, zBossk BH. So I have 9 useable teams and I put 6 of them on defense. Offense is gonna be pretty bad.
  • 3M GP here. 6 teams on Def bracket.

I started mocking up squads in the manager tool a while ago when they announced this. I have to figure that whatever boat I'm in for squad making, my opponent has got to be pretty close too - otherwise they'd be in a different bracket.

I've been trying to take certain squads and adjust their rosters to be able to split them into two different teams. For instance, my Arena team is Traya, Palp, Thrawn, DN, Sion. While that's a solid squad, it can be countered, like anything else. So instead of throwing it on Defense as is, I've added some pieces that aren't as ideal to split it and make a Traya/DN/Sion squad, and a Palp/Vader/Thrawn squad. I've done that for a handful of attacking squads, they aren't perfect but I think I can manually use to win a match or take out a majority of the squad (or leader) on offense.

Defense I'm just going with the same strategy in each zone.
    Healing but dangerous stall squad (something like Kenobi/Zarris/Wampa)
    Frustrating and deceptive squad (Ewoks/Phoenix)
    Quick strike squad (something like Wedge/Biggs/Leia)

My feeling is that I'm going to get the board cleared on me anyway, so I'm just going to save a majority of my firepower for offense to try to get as many single attack clears as possible. But each team on defense has a chance at holding on depending on what they've saved for attack.

All in all I managed to come up with 16 hybrid comps that I can see being functional, even if I'd never field them in a regular Arena or TW match. I'm sure it'll take some tweaking once I see how it all goes.
  • Boov wrote: »

100% agree and why this will be fun. Are you facing a low end Phoenix team on a regular basis? Can you take out a squad with 3 toons and keep some toons back to help win the rest of the battles? This mode should provide the most strategy of any mode. If everyone sets 4 meta on both sides, it is just arena, but more times in a row. We are all scrambling for how much defense we put out there and how much we hold back for offense. Then when attack starts, we need to weigh in how badly we want to beat them (bonuses for health and protection) and how much we think we will need for other teams. Lots to think about.