Post your grand arena match ups... [MERGE]

Replies

• 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    @BonScott_23 how do u find player ur going against I only c picture and name no other information? Nevermind found it same gp but rank 1k arena should be easy lol
  • scuba wrote: »
    FolsomTony wrote: »
    Did you validate this in game, and not rely on SWGOH.GG?
    People are finding the wrong players by a google search/SWGOH.GG.
    kurtisblow wrote: »
    Right. Use the View Rewards button to see exactly what your opponent has. Not super-intuitive, but it works

But then people can't complain... oh wait they will come up with another reason

I hope, thah the search maybe wrong....i'll wait , but the name doesnt give other people
  • Halo
    98 posts Member
    Have very little GP difference between myself and opponent, yet the gear and zeta difference is astounding. Opponent has 21 zetas, 16 g12+, vs my 9 zetas and 12 g12. Quite a big difference in g11s in his favor as well.

Sounds like you may have some roster bloat with lots of g7/8 characters?
  • Kithryn wrote: »
    Nope, matching system doesn't work in the least it seems. While I have similar GP's to my opponent, my opponent is more focused and geared towards arena play. In terms of geared characters has nearly triple the gear 12 characters and finely tuned teams that I have. So my fun collection of characters won't account for anything other than making our GP seem similar..

So will this be fun, not even a tiny bit. At this point, I'm resigned to just sit this mode out and hope they remove it for an original idea rather than simply repackaging a guild event to be individual to save on the cost of design.
    Kithryn wrote: »
    Nope, matching system doesn't work in the least it seems. While I have similar GP's to my opponent, my opponent is more focused and geared towards arena play. In terms of geared characters has nearly triple the gear 12 characters and finely tuned teams that I have. So my fun collection of characters won't account for anything other than making our GP seem similar..

So will this be fun, not even a tiny bit. At this point, I'm resigned to just sit this mode out and hope they remove it for an original idea rather than simply repackaging a guild event to be individual to save on the cost of design.
    the game is not meant to collect meant to play collectors lose what’s new lol put more time into gearing instead of just farming u will be good

• Halo wrote: »
    Have very little GP difference between myself and opponent, yet the gear and zeta difference is astounding. Opponent has 21 zetas, 16 g12+, vs my 9 zetas and 12 g12. Quite a big difference in g11s in his favor as well.

Sounds like you may have some roster bloat with lots of g7/8 characters?

Sorta. All the event required characters dragging me down, and the opponent is not ship arena focused whatsoever.
  • So I got to see who my opponent is in GA. he has over 52 g12 characters more than myself. Our GP is very close but I have chose to focus more on ships and am being punished for it. I have all but 1x ship at 7 stars and most ship crew at g12 since I enjoy ships more than regular arena (kinda boring lately). However ships are not used at all in this GA so the additional GP I have there, I lack in characters and most of my higher characters are crew members. So now I face an opponent that has only focused on characters, blown off ships in a character only battle. I am by far no kracken but my arena shard does call me a whale. And if this is the way GA is going to calculate match ups, I guess I will need to reconsider my spending habits of the future
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Mine is almost even GP and similar # of g12 and g11 characters. 2.8M GP. Neither of us have Revan or Traya. Decent matchup. My mods and arena rank are better but he has teams that can beat mine.

I think people at the very top and very bottom are going to have trouble finding even matchups always, but thats just because there are fewer people to match against. At least at my level it seems pretty kosher.
  • Why the hell would you use GP for match ups that can be manipulated by the player and has sooooo many variables and not use an average of gear levels which can’t be manipulated?
  • I got an opponent with 88 g12 vs my 36 :/
  • Ur not the only 1 the 1 im up against has 3x as many g12 characters as i do n 2x as many zetas its basically not worth it i prolly wont even attack since i couldnt hope to do anything against that
  • This is not a "real" GA battle. This is just a practice round. The real battles will use fleet. It was specifically mentioned in the GA info we got:
    An additional banner is earned for each unit at full protection and another banner for each unit at full health. This further identifies not only that the squad/fleet won, but how well it won.
  • Well it is sad when fleets are used so little in TW and in GA but yet the GP for fleet is still heavily weighed. My fleet GP is over 1.8 million but it is because I actually enjoy ships. Hopefully they fix this before a "real" GA. The right thing would be to pull the plug on it for now, go back to the drawing board for match making. Fix match making for TW while they are at it, and do another trial run.
  • Identical GP. First thing I noticed is he/she has been playing much longer and has 19 zetas whereas I only have 9.
  • My opponent has a very close gp. Unfortunately his is almost all in toons, with nothing in fleet. If this had fleet it'd be great. Since it doesn't, his 18 zetas to my 7 and extra toon power will likely cost me this one
  • Eh....there’s too much to keep track of in this game now. I’ll probably sit this mode out. TW, TB, STR, Arena (squad and ships), events, legendary toon panic farms, dailies....
  • Drewbee wrote: »
    Identical GP. First thing I noticed is he/she has been playing much longer and has 19 zetas whereas I only have 9.

Could also be someone who throws all their fleet currency at zetas and does well in ships.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    For whatever it's worth, my matchup is almost perfect - GP within 10k of each other (2.1 million) and comparable number of G12 characters and zetas.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Drewbee wrote: »
    Identical GP. First thing I noticed is he/she has been playing much longer and has 19 zetas whereas I only have 9.

Could also be someone who throws all their fleet currency at zetas and does well in ships.

Negative. I'm far more active considering the time I've been playing.
    I've won 1100 more fleet battles, 800 more squad arena, 8000 normal, and 4300 hard battles. But, they have 800 more GW and 90 more raids.
  • I'm a hoarder-collector-TBsupporter as well. My opponent has exactly the same GP, 1/3 the ships, 1/3 the toons, and 9x the zetas. I also know from GW that having 50 characters at 2,000-3,000 power (ability 3, gear V, not just level 1 unlocked, cuz TB GP yo) isn't going to win a war of attrition.

I'm outmatched, and it's because of my in-game choices. But then, I'm pretty sure my TB GP choices aren't the best anyway.

Live and learn. Go Grand Arena!
  • Good2Noe wrote: »
    So I got to see who my opponent is in GA. he has over 52 g12 characters more than myself. Our GP is very close but I have chose to focus more on ships and am being punished for it. I have all but 1x ship at 7 stars and most ship crew at g12 since I enjoy ships more than regular arena (kinda boring lately). However ships are not used at all in this GA so the additional GP I have there, I lack in characters and most of my higher characters are crew members. So now I face an opponent that has only focused on characters, blown off ships in a character only battle. I am by far no kracken but my arena shard does call me a whale. And if this is the way GA is going to calculate match ups, I guess I will need to reconsider my spending habits of the future

I'm in same situation. My opponent has 6 x 1 star ships and 3 x 1 star capital ships. We have similar GP, which means his character GP is twice my character GP.
  • my opponent has 900k GP and 12 zetas more from me.
  • x3i54c1i3ktm.jpg
    wtq9jxgxoecr.jpg

I think galactic power wise and gear level wise we have a good matchup, but my competition doesn't seem to have the best characters at g12. I feel like it won't be hard for me to win.
  • I have 1.6 mil gp, same as my matchup, but I have 17 G12 (i cant recall the amount of zetas) and he has 1 G12.
    Leveling and gearing everybody puts you at a huge disadvantage now unless you plan on maxxing every character.
  • My GP match up is pretty close, my opponent has a very close number to mine, both close to 3m. However I'm gonna get my **** kicked. My stables twice the size of theirs. Have nearly every character in the game at some stage of development while the other guy has significantly less and way higher gear levels on his way less characters.

All this would be be fine if I could field more of my units. Then it'd feel more balanced imo. His fewer troops would likely beat more of my forces but I would have alot more for him to chew on. Who wins then? Now, with the low team limits its flat out one sided.
  • KChat
    45 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    My opponent:
    c3gyb6oyinh9.jpeg
    Me:
    jtvl26ntitwa.jpeg
    Not to mention that he has 11 more Zetas. This should be fun... 😢🤬
  • KChat wrote: »
    My opponent:
    c3gyb6oyinh9.jpeg
    Me:
    jtvl26ntitwa.jpeg
    This should be fun... 😢🤬

Hoth Rebel soldier on your arena team?
  • KChat
    45 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    @FolsomTony
    FolsomTony wrote: »
    Hoth Rebel soldier on your arena team?
    Yup. I’m probably the only person in the game that has given him a gear 12+ piece... 😂
    p6w4hedh0elp.png
    He’s a great support that is really a tank, 90% counter chance under CLS, spreads offense down, has a 3 turn taunt & gives defense up. Plus Thrawn AI likes to fracture him, so R2 can stealth everyone else... Totally underrated. Also, in TB the Hero Units never get put in platoons! 😎

I’ve climbed as high as 20 with a decidedly “non-meta” toon in the mix...
    szq14ev8z124.jpeg